2019-20 nonconference schedules | The Boneyard

2019-20 nonconference schedules

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Decided to create a thread specifically for the nonconference schedules as they're announced.

Maryland just announced theirs:

Two marquee matchups are Nov. 10 vs. South Carolina and Dec. 5 at NC State.

-- -- -- --
Running list of teams featured in this thread:

Florida St
LSU
Maryland
Mississippi St
Stanford
Tennessee
Texas

Last edited:
Reaction Score
VQCASXLJTXNPYYJ.20190628150140.jpg

This team better take care of most its OOC games. Not sure how good Michigan State is gonna be next year with some of their losses but they should be solid. FSU should be very solid, still not sure how we beat them last year but looking forward to this game. OU on the road could be dangerous possibly, its still a very young team though really comprised of a bunch of sophomores but Llanusa and Robertson are good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was thinking of making a thread of non-conference schedules... but Im too lazy. Anyway... here is UNC.cheat's non conference slate. Weaker than hamster urine in my opinion. But isnt that always the case. I really should wait til Duke's schedule is posted before I talk junk about the Tar hell's... but what fun would that be.

Cheaters in Baby Blue Schedule

Highlights.... games in Cancun vs Temple and Mizzou.... a road trip to SEC Power Alabama. They play Western Carolina.... and North Carolina Central.... guess they were too scared to play East Carolina :rolleyes: (my pirates... for one more day) They do welcome Elon and Tar Heel Legend Charlotte Smith to town. Hope HuskyNan's Phoenix put 120 on the scoreboard :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Florida State

Florida State

@ LSU TAMU in Forth Worth I suppose Michigan State in the Big10/ACC challenge might be ok.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The real UT's schedule

Texas Ribeye's Schedule

Interesting games..... Home vs Arizona, @ Tenn Home vs Stanford..... vs NC State in Hawaii..... and perhaps a sneaky good game vs Ohio. First game after the exam break.. vs a MAC team that won 30 games last season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The real UT's schedule

Texas Ribeye's Schedule

Interesting games..... Home vs Arizona, @ Tenn Home vs Stanford..... vs NC State in Hawaii..... and perhaps a sneaky good game vs Ohio. First game after the exam break.. vs a MAC team that won 30 games last season.
And don't sleep on that tough road game at Southern Florida! :) What'll happen when a Longhorn clashes with a Bull?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The schedule of non-conference games to be played in Knoxville is not good.
To me the most interesting game. Is the game at Notre Dame. Given the the ND roster looks like this year. I think that's a winnable game.

Reaction Score
ASU has a very disappointing non conference schedule. After playing the eventual national champ last year on a "neutral" court there is no quality non conference opponent.....Charli is playing the service academies.

Reaction Score
Stanford from a while ago:

It would be interesting to know more about how nonconference schedules are done and why some schools get them announced so much earlier than others. My sense is that A&M under Blair is almost always really late compared to peers in terms of conference mates and similar NCAA seeds.

If I look at Creme's way too early top 25 and mark the ones mentioned in the threads (I'm sure I missed some)
1. Oregon
2. Baylor *
3. Stanford *
4. Maryland *
5. Texas A&M
6. Oregon State
7. UConn
8. Miss State
9. S Carolina
10. Syracuse
11. Florida State *
12 Kentucky
13 Michigan State
14 Louisville
15 Texas *
16 UCLA
17 Notre Dame
18 Minnesota
19 Arizona State *
20 DePaul
21 Michigan
22 Arkansas
23 W Virginia
24 Tennessee *
25 NC State

Other
LSU *
N. Carolina *

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga vs. Stanford has gotten interesting in recent years. After being one sided GU has won 2 of the last 3 meetings. Stanford probably feels like they owe them some payback for last year.

Any word on who else will be in the Vancouver Showcase? Good field in it's first showing last season. Maybe that will quickly become one of the premier early season tourneys.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
yikes....

Tennessee's is a double yikes!

MSSU's and Tenn's home games with last season's Massey scores.

MSSU Home Non-Conference games

Southern Miss (191)
UT-Martin (132)
Murray State (244)
Troy (127)
West Virginia (47)
UALR (87)

Tenn Home Non-Conference games

East Tennessee State (238)
Central Arkansas (291)
Tennessee State (307)
Stetson (220)
Arkansas Pine Bluff (349)
Air Force (271)
Texas (30)
Colorado State (262)
Howard (267)

Reaction Score
yikes....

I don’t want to hear a single MSU fan complain about their seeding. That schedule is abysmal.

Unless their conf schedule includes SC TAMU KY twice, they may end up with <5 games against the top 25.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don’t want to hear a single MSU fan complain about their seeding. That schedule is abysmal.

Unless their conf schedule includes SC TAMU KY twice, they may end up with <5 games against the top 25.

Which teams are in the Vancouver showcase and the Duel in the Desert? Will probably help.

Both schedules are insulting to season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Which teams are in the Vancouver showcase and the Duel in the Desert? Will probably help.

Both schedules are insulting to season ticket holders.
I think they play USF and UNLV in Duel in the Desert and I know Stanford is in Vancouver Showcase.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don’t want to hear a single MSU fan complain about their seeding.

You may not want to hear it but history has shown they will complain. It was literally all they did last year. First it was they were ranked waaaaaaaay too low in the polls early in the season and they were gonna crush Oregon. Well that didn’t go so well for them. Then they complained all season long about the bracketology, rambling incessantly about how the Oregon loss was a fluke, even though they never beat anyone better than Marquette or South Carolina. And then when they were somehow gifted a 1 seed despite their weak schedule, they still couldn’t hold serve and they lost to Oregon again.

They’ll probably get their chance to pick up a decent win or two in Vancouver and Vegas. But holy Christ otherwise that lineup is embarrassing. Vic is giving way too much credit to the SEC. I also like how he shrewdly pushed the away game at Marquette until after their strong 2019 class graduated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I actually didn't think we should have been a 1 seed last year. The only way I could have seen it is because we did win the SEC. That was really the only case for it, but I still didn't think we earned it.

But anyway, the OOC schedule is shameful this year. Are any of those teams even ranked?

Reaction Score
Apparently, Stanford will be at the Vancouver Showcase, so that makes me feel a little better.

Reaction Score
Outside of UConn and SC a lot of top ranked teams are playing very weak schedules...

Reaction Score
Outside of UConn and SC a lot of top ranked teams are playing very weak schedules...
I’ll be interested to see how Coach Staley schedules this year. I was impressed last year with how hard of games she scheduled out of conference after the loss of A Wilson.
Coach Auriemma has always done a great job of scheduling great out of conference. However he has the advantage of being able to rest and recover and prep for the postseason during the AAC conference schedule.
That said, I’m disappointed in the Mississippi State OOC schedule. Aside from Stanford and West Virginia it needs to have more. My understanding is that he is working on another home and home series with Oregon that should start this coming season. The talking point is that a couple of “name teams” were contacted about a home game in Starkville but wanted away or neutral venues. Regardless, in my opinion, we should be able to work out more games than two or three top twenty five OOC per season.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom