2018 women's soccer schedule | The Boneyard

2018 women's soccer schedule

Reaction Score
UConn women's soccer has released their schedule.

Exhibition

Tue Aug 7 Sacred Heart 6pm
Sun Aug 12 UNH 2pm

Regular season

Fri Aug 17 @ Northeastern 6pm
Mon Aug 20 Syracuse 6pm
Thur Aug 23 CCSU 7pm
Sun Aug 26 @ Boston College 1pm
Thur Aug 30 Rutgers 7pm
Sun Sept 2 @ BU 4pm
Fri Sept 7 vs Ole Miss 4:30
Sun Sept 9 @ Arkansas 1pm
Fri Sept 14 Eastern Michigan 7pm
Thur Sept 20 @ Houston 7pm
Sun Sept 23 @ SMU 1pm
Thur Sept 27 USF 7pm
Sun Sept 30 UCF noon
Thur Oct 11 @ ECU 7pm
Sun Oct 14 @ Cincinnati 1pm
Thur Oct 18 Memphis 7pm
Sun Oct 21 Tulsa 1pm
Fri Oct 26 @ Temple 7pm

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great 1st half but that damn AAC schedule is not good for UConn soccer - men or women

Reaction Score
Great 1st half but that damn AAC schedule is not good for UConn soccer - men or women
For the men, SMU (top 15), UCF, Tulsa, and USF all ranked in the top 60 with UConn in the 90s. In yet another sport, UConn not being good is playing a bigger role for the "mediocre conference" crowd than rest of the conference

Reaction Score
There are some sports that power conferences dominate more than others, and women's soccer is one of them. UConn women's soccer has also been badly hurt over the years by the lack of a modern soccer facility, while many power conference schools had brand new facilities to show off to their recruits. I think this helped to put UConn women's soccer into decline long before UConn was a part of the AAC. I'm inclined to think this decline would not have been as bad if UConn had opened up a new soccer facility around the year 2000, but of course this didn't happen.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There are some sports that power conferences dominate more than others, and women's soccer is one of them. UConn women's soccer has also been badly hurt over the years by the lack of a modern soccer facility, while many power conference schools had brand new facilities to show off to their recruits. I think this helped to put UConn women's soccer into decline long before UConn was a part of the AAC. I'm inclined to think this decline would not have been as bad if UConn had opened up a new soccer facility around the year 2000, but of course this didn't happen.
I agree with the facility Ddmill

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For the men, SMU (top 15), UCF, Tulsa, and USF all ranked in the top 60 with UConn in the 90s. In yet another sport, UConn not being good is playing a bigger role for the "mediocre conference" crowd than rest of the conference
Those programs couldn't hold a candle to the top 20 teams and UConn was a top 20 team. SMU had about 5-6 years during that period you indicated where they were playing top 20 soccer. The Big East at first was a bit weak but many teams became stronger because of UConn - the Big East, in the later years was a really strong men's soccer conference
This league is no where near that area right now but has become competitive for UConn because Ray cannot recruit the kids he could 10 years ago.
In the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, I had a total of 4 kids that I coached go to UConn. With the talent I had, if they were playing now, at least 4 of every team would have been more than capable of making the team and getting field time.
The talent level is down at UConn - Ray is facing a very tough battle

Reaction Score
Those programs couldn't hold a candle to the top 20 teams and UConn was a top 20 team. SMU had about 5-6 years during that period you indicated where they were playing top 20 soccer. The Big East at first was a bit weak but many teams became stronger because of UConn - the Big East, in the later years was a really strong men's soccer conference

This league is no where near that area right now but has become competitive for UConn because Ray cannot recruit the kids he could 10 years ago.

?He’s talking about the AAC last year - not some previous era in the Big East?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom