2018 UConn Commit -Justin Bryant (Bridgewater New Jersey) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit -Justin Bryant (Bridgewater New Jersey)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Isn’t that near where Ryan Dickens is from?

I remember reading somewhere that Randy Edsall would never be able to bring in anyone from that part of New Jersey ever again...

Off the top of my head, I think he was Raritan?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So this is interesting. Justin Bryant is on the same team as Chike Nwankwo who accepted a PWO with Rutgers. Together Nwankwo and Bryant were a MLB duo that help lead their school to three straight state title games where they lost all three times. On HUDL Nwankwo is 6'2'' 225lb and runs a 4.82, while Bryant is 6'0'' 225lb and runs a 4.9.

Surely the staff looked at both guys watching all this film. The Nwankwo highlight clip below is fun to watch for Bryant (#28). Check out Byrant make a great tackle at the 5:38 clip.

Bryant: 136 tackles, 4 interceptions
Nwankwo: 104 tackles, 1 interception, 2.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles

Reaction Score
What do I know, but he sure looks as if he has great instincts for his position. Took good angles when pursuing runners, anticipated where the passes were going (interceptions and knock downs), and seemed to be faster than a 4.9 or the other teams' players were really slow.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like the versatility here. If it proves he’s not needed at LB in the years ahead then he seems like a no brainer as full back/short yardage unit guy if we ever wanted one in our system.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
With 2 FCS offers, that’s actually a better profile than some of the scholarship kids RE brought in this winter. I know that doesn’t say a ton, but still.

C

Chief00

Love football players not proto-athletes playing football.

Part of the drop off in defense last season was not only the crazy scheme vs personnel but also the loss of Matt Walsh. He wasn’t exceptionally fast or big but an observer could tell he was a film student and he did not whiff on tackles.

Reaction Score
So this is interesting. Justin Bryant is on the same team as Chike Nwankwo who accepted a PWO with Rutgers. Together Nwankwo and Bryant were a MLB duo that help lead their school to three straight state title games where they lost all three times. On HUDL Nwankwo is 6'2'' 225lb and runs a 4.82, while Bryant is 6'0'' 225lb and runs a 4.9.
All three times? Damn thats ruff!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hate times - tape tells you a lot more. Football speed is much more important than straight line speed. Also, feeling comfortable in your role in the scheme is important because reading and reacting is more important than those times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom