2018 UConn Commit (Grad Transfer) - Ryan Fines (Bradenton Florida)s | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit (Grad Transfer) - Ryan Fines (Bradenton Florida)s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that might be right.

This is big news and perhaps the best news we could hope for. Ryan should give us a big body to eat up two lineman on many downs.
And he’s used to being in the trenches at the highest level of college football so he should fit in nicely here.
This helps the D tremendously!
Hoping there’s a few more gets down the road.

Reaction Score
He got on the field at the U but didn't play much. Still, fills a spot in a position of enormous need for us.
Absolutely. He’s used to going up against nasty O Lineman and solid backs. Even if it’s in practice.
He should do well here.
You can’t teach size like that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just edited this post after seeing the news on Swann.

So this leaves us with eight unused scholarships for fall 2018. Assuming they give one to Donaldson, then its seven unused scholarships.

I think they will poke around for OL, TE and LB help - but might not pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
Just edited this post after seeing the news on Swann.

So this leaves us with eight unused scholarships for fall 2018. Assuming they give one to Donaldson, then its seven unused scholarships.

I think they will poke around for OL, TE and LB help - but might not pull the trigger.

I would love if they land another serviceable DL so we could redshirt any young 'uns who would be better served by a year of maturity than a year of being thrown into the fire.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Supposedly Edsall is saying Fines will be a DE here...according to Mike Anthony

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In was one opinion, but one of the insiders say Caleb Thomas was the best of the bunch this spring while playing NT. So maybe you start the season with Thomas and Murphy rotating and then you look at whether you need to bring Jones in as a true freshman for some snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom