2018 UConn Commit #6 - Oneil Robinson II (Hartford CT) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #6 - Oneil Robinson II (Hartford CT)

Reaction Score
Where are the usual suspects saying we can't build a competitive roster with recruits that only have FCS/service academy offers?
I would hold those words. The difference between getting commitments and building a competitive roster with recruits that only have FCS/service academy offers is significant. Lets see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I would hold those words. The difference between getting commitments and building a competitive roster with recruits that only have FCS/service academy offers is significant. Lets see how it plays out.

Oh, I agree. Not me making those comments. Their words seem to not apply now.

Reaction Score
Well ... it's early. You have no idea whether a FULL recruiting year for the Capital Prep duo would be a short list. They're ours now. We've had tremendous success on just these type of kids from CT

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

He won with these types of recruits last time if you remember correctly.

In Edsall we trust

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He won with these types of recruits last time if you remember correctly.

In Edsall we trust
We had kids whose only offer was UConn, forget service academies and FCS.

There is a huge difference between BD offering guys and HCREv2 offering guys with this kind of an offer sheet. We have a pretty good feel for Edsall's strengths, and one of his biggest strengths is an eye for talent (QB's excused, to an extent). While I'd prefer beating out our P5 neighbors for recruits, I am comfortable that Edsall will get more hits than misses. AND they're actually going to develop instead of regressing.

C

Chief00

We are seriously locking down Connecticut. Good to see. I'd heard from someone with Xavier staff ties that all the players and coaches in the area hated BD. Looks like this new trend really confirms that
Warde's Big Hire was a disaster.

Reaction Score
Agreed, it's awesome. I think Corey is behind a lot of this social media push. We're doing a great job on Twitter.

I was thinking the same thing about Corey. At first I was against the fact he was brought on the staff. But his ability to use social media is key and will help with recruitment for sure. It's a different day and age...gotta have someone who can do that kinda stuff. Corey!

Reaction Score
Where are the usual suspects saying we can't build a competitive roster with recruits that only have FCS/service academy offers?

I believe in this staff's ability to evaluate and develop players much more than the last where a player had to develop despite the mismanagement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

>>“I’m committed to UConn,” Robinson told StorrsCentral. “The fact that it’s a new coaching staff and Coach Edsall is trying to get players out his own backyard. It really just shows what type of coach he is, unlike the previous staff who didn’t pay attention to the weapons in their own backyard.”<<

>>“What I like about the program is once they offered me, every single coach came out of their office to congratulate me. Then when I committed they did the same things so it shows what type of culture Coach Edsall has instilled in his players and coaches.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom