2018 UConn Commit #25 - Pierce DeVaughn (Plano Texas) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #25 - Pierce DeVaughn (Plano Texas)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
By some accounts this is a kid that grew a few inches his senior year - so late bloomer so to speak. Probably has a bit more growing to do.

He shows a decent burst off the snap. Athletic. Tackles with a good pad level. Long arm reach. Definitely has some upside.

Reaction Score
By some accounts this is a kid that grew a few inches his senior year - so late bloomer so to speak. Probably has a bit more growing to do.

He shows a decent burst off the snap. Athletic. Tackles with a good pad level. Long arm reach. Definitely has some upside.
I'm cool with becoming known (again) as a school where late bloomers come to, um, bloom!

Reaction Score
Here's the story posted last night in the 2018 Recruiting thread: How do late scholarship offers affect a recruit's '40-year decision'?

>>DeVaughn's father always told him picking a college was a 40-year decision, not a four-year one. Now he had eight days to research the school, set up a visit and decide if this was the 40-year decision he wanted to make.<<

>>"If you were to go to any school, whether it's a big school or a small school, you're going to have to put in the work if you want to get on the field," DeVaughn said. "I had to push the fact back to I'm doing this not just for football, so I wasn't really as concerned about it being a late offer."<<

Reaction Score
It's a recipe for success for the lines.
Yes and no. The lines at the academies (particularly Army) are usually under-sized due to the PT requirements. As a result, however, they look for guys with great feet and excellent technique to compensate. The guy I want is the one that the academies wanted but added 3-4" and 30-50 lbs. going into his senior year to outgrow their requirements.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congratulations! Keep on growing bigger, stronger and faster, and get after it. Great opportunity in front of you on and off the field. Opportunity awaits.

Reaction Score

Pierce DeVaughn is a 6-4 235lb DE from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano Texas. Other offers from Army, Montana State and Northern Colorado.

Highlights

Looks like he could be really good. From the highlights I like his basic instincts, length, leverage, burst/quickness, pursuit and nose for the ball. Depending how strong he is, Pierce looks like he could factor in the D as a frosh. A sight for sore eyes.

Reaction Score
Pierce: Welcome. I'm from Plano & McKinney; it's great to see a Collin County guy on the Huskies! Good luck! My son plays football here and he hopes to join you.
I know edsall tweeted the picture that is your avatar a few weeks/months ago. I would be so pumped if this happened. Also., good luck to your son!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I know edsall tweeted the picture that is your avatar a few weeks/months ago. I would be so pumped if this happened. Also., good luck to your son!
Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom