2018 UConn Commit #21 - Keyshawn Paul (Liberty City/Miami, Florida) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #21 - Keyshawn Paul (Liberty City/Miami, Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Keyshawn Paul is a 6-0 180lb DB from Jackson High School in Miami Florida. Other offers from Albany State, Duquesne, Miles College, Northwestern Oklahoma State, Tuskegee University and Warner University.

Keyshawn Paul Senior Highlights

(That's Hunter Webb and Travis Jones in pic bottom right)

Dams....if we just sneak one extra comma into the post he would have a B1G and a Big-12 offer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Someone from this class will get playing time as a corner this year given the current roster. After rewatching Lucien, Carroll, Lazarus and Paul, I think Paul has the best shot.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Someone from this class will get playing time as a corner this year given the current roster. After rewatching Lucien, Carroll, Lazarus and Paul, I think Paul as the best shot.

Paul is really physical. Lazarus most highly touted

Reaction Score
Someone from this class will get playing time as a corner this year given the current roster. After rewatching Lucien, Carroll, Lazarus and Paul, I think Paul as the best shot.
He can hit, and is a pretty good tackler from his Hudl film. One thing about his films...he plays in the Metro Miami area...probably one of if not the most heavily recruited area of it's size in the country. He was doing that against good football players. For what it's worth former 2 Live Crew frontman Luther Campbell said that Paul was a beast when I asked him his impression of him earlier tonight on Twitter. He is heavily involved in the youth/HS football scene down there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Paul is really physical. Lazarus most highly touted
Based on the senior tape available, I'd rank them as Paul, Carroll, Lucien and Lazarus. Lazarus' senior tape does not show a whole a lot - I'm hoping thats an NYC editing thing since inner city tape can be a little spotty. Paul and Carroll show some physicality, ability to shed blockers and make open field tackles.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is an incredible football area. Not uncommon for schools to have 3-4 D1 recruits.

Reaction Score
Doesn't bother me in this particular instance, but it is interesting that a pretty significant portion of our commits have no other known FBS offers. I trust RE and the staff as talent evaluators, but it does make me worry a little.

Makes me worry a lot. Look what a team with a significant portion of commits with no other offers has given us the last seven years. I don't care who is doing the recruiting for UConn, what I care about is other teams think they are so far under the radar that they don't even show up as a blimp on their screen.

Reaction Score
I think that’s right: Terry Richardson and One of the counties around Miami. Our history and his talent in evaluating kids have proven itself on our field.

Reaction Score
Makes me worry a lot. Look what a team with a significant portion of commits with no other offers has given us the last seven years. I don't care who is doing the recruiting for UConn, what I care about is other teams think they are so far under the radar that they don't even show up as a blimp on their screen.
I think that who's doing the recruiting is a huge factor. If it was Diaco in the same scenario, I'd be concerned about no other offers. However, with it being TR and RE doing the recruiting ...I'm not worried at all! They have shown before that they can swoop in late and find hidden gems...so I'm inclined to just let 'em keep mining! ;)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Doesn't bother me in this particular instance, but it is interesting that a pretty significant portion of our commits have no other known FBS offers. I trust RE and the staff as talent evaluators, but it does make me worry a little.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but like you it does somewhat concern me if they have 0 other FBS offers. I've never ever heard of half of those schools.

In any event, have to trust Randy and his trusted assistants eyes for talent until he's proven otherwise

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I like his height and he looks like like he can fill out nicely.

Reaction Score
Right now, of 21 commits, only 13 have FBS offers, with 6 having P5 offers. I trust Edsall's ability to spot and develop talent but having nearly 1/2 of the class made up of kids that nobody else thinks can play is a bit concerning.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Right now, of 21 commits, only 13 have FBS offers, with 6 having P5 offers. I trust Edsall's ability to spot and develop talent but having nearly 1/2 of the class made up of kids that nobody else thinks can play is a bit concerning.
There is no other path but diamonds. This staff is trying, but coming up bridesmaid over and over and over again on kids with competing P5 offers. Gonna have to get to a 7 win season first and then maybe that can change.

Reaction Score

Win and they will come - a coach’s vision and chance for immediate playing time only goes so far these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom