2018 UConn Commit #15 - Jonathan Pace (Needham MA) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #15 - Jonathan Pace (Needham MA)

Reaction Score

Jonathon Pace is a 6-5 265lb DL from St. Sebastian's School in Needham MA. Other offers from Army, Bryant, Elon, Fordham, and New Hampshire.

Profile from Inside the Huddle: Pace stands 6’5’’ and has a great frame for a defensive end / offensive tackle with a good motor allowing him to push through defenders to make plays. Pace runs well, has a good first step and has plenty of room to add weight on his frame. Pace has received an offer from Army while also receiving interest from Michigan and other FBS schools.

Reaction Score

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but other schools are probably going to try to get this guy during his senior year. He looks like a monster.

With that frame, the work ethic to get an offer from Army, and Edsall's record of coaching guys up... give that kid a redshirt year, he'll get drafted after his junior season with a degree!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With that frame, the work ethic to get an offer from Army, and Edsall's record of coaching guys up... give that kid a redshirt year, he'll get drafted after his junior season with a degree!

He'll come back for his master's/ last year of eligibility/ to help the team win a national championship!

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but other schools are probably going to try to get this guy during his senior year. He looks like a monster.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but when people talk about service academy offers it drives me nuts. It's not hard to get offered by a service academy. I know people who only held offers from Army and Navy. They ended up playing D3 and were ok

Reaction Score

He's ours. And when he sees the turnaround he'll be telling his buddies to buy tickets.

#REStorred

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to pick on you, but when people talk about service academy offers it drives me nuts. It's not hard to get offered by a service academy. I know people who only held offers from Army and Navy. They ended up playing D3 and were ok

You're right, the kid is probably gonna suck. I should have though about the guys you know that played D3 before I got too excited about Jonathan Pace's potential. Who am I, to be optimistic on the eve of a new season?

Reaction Score
You're right, the kid is probably gonna suck. I should have though about the guys you know that played D3 before I got too excited about Jonathan Pace's potential. Who am I, to be optimistic on the eve of a new season?
I don't think that's what he meant.

TBH, if the prior staff landed a kid with that list of offers, I'd be skeptical he'd ever make an impact.

This OL coach, and HC, have both shown the ability to take raw OL talent and develop it into all-conference talent. Even NFL talent. So, I personally am not impressed by who we beat out. But I trust 4-5 years from now, this kid could be a hell of a lineman for us.

Reaction Score
jeez i guess you just wanted to feel offended tonight

Reaction Score
I don't think that's what he meant.

TBH, if the prior staff landed a kid with that list of offers, I'd be skeptical he'd ever make an impact.

This OL coach, and HC, have both shown the ability to take raw OL talent and develop it into all-conference talent. Even NFL talent. So, I personally am not impressed by who we beat out. But I trust 4-5 years from now, this kid could be a hell of a lineman for us.

Psst... he's coming in as a DL but agree w/ sentiment of previous staff versus new staff.

Reaction Score
In terms of play on the field, I get what you're saying. But I do think the Army offer says something about the kid's character.

Reaction Score
Psst... he's coming in as a DL but agree w/ sentiment of previous staff versus new staff.
I qualified that post with a comment that I assume he's coming in as an OL, and then deleted it before posting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The point still stands, and I'm honestly not knocking the former unit coaches. I have no idea how they performed individually. I just know what I saw from the individuals and the team. Geremy Davis was a 6th round pick thanks to his size and hands. Obi and Byron blew up in the combine. There was virtually nothing on film that led to guys getting drafted playing under Diaco.

Reaction Score
At least they'll be overachievers.

Reaction Score
He must be good if he already has a bobblehead in his honor.

IMG_5764.jpg

Reaction Score
I believe they more so do so because you can't be some dumb -head if West Point wants you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom