2018 Post Player Recruiting Targets | The Boneyard

2018 Post Player Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks as if we're finished with 2017 recruiting, after Megan W's decision. What about 2018 and especially the need for post players? Does anyone know the current status (re mutual interest) between UCONN and any of the following players: NaLyssa Smith, Shakira Austin, Charli Collier, Olivia Owens, and Danielle Cosgrove? Nelson-Ododa doesn't list UCONN in her list of "possibles", Aquira Decosta is either not interested or not being recruited currently, and Sedona Prince has committed to Texas. Any information as to who's interested in UCONN or who UCONN is following would be appreciated. Owens and Cosgrove are both from NY, so they're close to home.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nan's list may be a little dated, but it's a good starting point.

Women’s Basketball Recruiting | The Boneyard Blog

I believe that Geno was in San Antonio last week and probably saw Smith. He also visited Collier.

I think Nelson-Ododa's list was not complete. I believe that UConn is interested in her.

DaCosta does not have UConn on her list. I'm not sure who lost interest first.

Cosgrove is reportedly very interested in UConn, but her ranking is a little low by our standards.

I also have heard very little about Honesty Scott-Grayson (who is not a post). I believe that she is no longer at Blair Academy, but has moved to Fairfax, VA and plays for Paul VI.

Reaction Score
Nan's list may be a little dated, but it's a good starting point.

Women’s Basketball Recruiting | The Boneyard Blog

I believe that Geno was in San Antonio last week and probably saw Smith. He also visited Collier.

I think Nelson-Ododa's list was not complete. I believe that UConn is interested in her.

DaCosta does not have UConn on her list. I'm not sure who lost interest first.

Cosgrove is reportedly very interested in UConn, but her ranking is a little low by our standards.

I also have heard very little about Honesty Scott-Grayson (who is not a post). I believe that she is no longer at Blair Academy, but has moved to Fairfax, VA and plays for Paul VI.

Thanks for the info. I hope we are recruiting Nelson-Ododa as she is not only talented but a good fit personality wise for the UCONN system. I hope we stay on Smith, Austin, and Collier also (I think we could take 3 as both Smith and Collier could play PF rather than P). I think Owens has more upside (plain athletic ability) than Cosgrove, but they are both in UCONN's backyard.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I hope we are recruiting Nelson-Ododa as she is not only talented but a good fit personality wise for the UCONN system. I hope we stay on Smith, Austin, and Collier also (I think we could take 3 as both Smith and Collier could play PF rather than P). I think Owens has more upside (plain athletic ability) than Cosgrove, but they are both in UCONN's backyard.
Nelson-Ododa has "exploded" and now looks like a superstar. Smith is also very athletic apparently. If we can get 2 highly ranked bigs and Christyn Williams, that will be a blockbuster class.

Reaction Score
Owens had a number of in-homes recently including Maryland, Miami, Rutgers and West Virginia.........not sure of UConn's level of interest...........Smith and Collier are both targets but getting even one of the two out of Texas may not be that easy and Nelson-Ododa is high on everyone's list and has been extremely
silent on her recruiting views as compared with other top players

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Local from Enfield High...Mary Baskerville....6'3" or so. Marisa saw her play....then Geno...I assume his visit
was recommended by Marisa. I saw her once early last year....nice defensive instincts...raw offense....will see her again
this year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69