2018 Naismith High School All American team | The Boneyard

2018 Naismith High School All American team

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
2018 Naismith High School Girls’ All-American Team

Last Name First Name Name High School City, State Class Position College Choice
1st team Collier Charli Charli Collier Barbers Hill Crosby, TX Sr. F Texas
1st team Collins Amira Amira Collins Paul VI Catholic Fairfax, VA Sr. Post Tennessee
1st team DeCosta Aquira Aquira DeCosta St. Mary’s Stockton, CA Sr. W Baylor
1st team Williams Christyn Christyn Williams Central Arkansas Christian Little Rock, AR Sr. G UCONN
1st team Brown Jenna Jenna Brown The Lovett School Atlanta, GA Sr. PG Stanford
2nd team Smith NaLyssa NaLyssa Smith East Central San Antonio, TX Sr. F Baylor
2nd team Balogun Elizabeth Elizabeth Balogun Hamilton Heights Christian Chattanooga, TN Sr. W Georgia Tech
2nd team Henderson Destanni Destanni Henderson Fort Myers Lehigh Acres, FL Sr. PG South Carolina
2nd team Nelson-Ododa Olivia Olivia Nelson-Ododa Winder-Barrow Winder, GA Sr. Post UCONN
2nd team Prince Sedona Sedona Prince Liberty Hill Liberty Hill, TX Sr. Post Texas
3rd team Austin Shakira Shakira Austin Riverdale Baptist Upper Marlboro, MD Sr. F Maryland
3rd team Brunelle Samantha Samantha Brunelle William Monroe Standardsville, VA Jr. F Undeclared
3rd team Green Zarielle Zarielle Green Duncanville Duncanville, TX Sr. G Tennessee
3rd team Nicoletti Izabela Izabela Nicoletti Neuse Baptist Christian Raleigh, NC Sr. G Florida State
3rd team Scott-Grayson Honesty Honesty Scott-Grayson Riverdale Baptist Upper Marlboro, MD Sr. PG Baylor
Honorable Mention Peoples Anaya Anaya Peoples Schlarman Academy Danville, IL Jr. PG Notre Dame
Honorable Mention Brink Cameron Cameron Brink Southridge Beaverton, OR Soph. F Undeclared
Honorable Mention Bueckers Paige Paige Bueckers Hopkins St. Louis Park, MN Soph. PG Undeclared
Honorable Mention Carson Jasmine Jasmine Carson Whitehaven Memphis, TN Sr. G Georgia Tech
Honorable Mention Clark Caitlin Caitlin Clark Dowling Catholic West Des Moines, IA Soph. PG Undeclared
Honorable Mention Dixon Elizabeth Elizabeth Dixon Ridgeway Memphis, TN Sr. F Georgia Tech
Honorable Mention Gilbert Katlyn Katlyn Gilbert Heritage Christian Indianapolis, IN Sr. PG Notre Dame
Honorable Mention Green Nyah Nyah Green Bishop Lynch Allen, TX Jr. G Undeclared
Honorable Mention Howard Rhyne Rhyne Howard Bradley Central Cleveland, TN Sr. G Kentucky
Honorable Mention Jones Haley Haley Jones Archbishop Mitty San Jose, CA Jr. W Undeclared
Honorable Mention Green Blair Blair Green Harlan County Baxter, KY Sr. W Kentucky
Honorable Mention Mabrey Dara Dara Mabrey Manasquan Belmar, NJ Sr. PG Virginia Tech
Honorable Mention Owusu Ashley Ashley Owusu Paul VI Catholic Woodbridge, VA Jr. PG Undeclared
Honorable Mention Reese Catherine Catherine Reese Cypress Woods Cypress, TX Sr. F Arizona
Honorable Mention Hubbard Kaila Kaila Hubbard Holy Innocents' Episcopal Atlanta, GA Sr. W

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Only 2 things stand out to me:

1. All these players are all going to the same schools. You know the ones...the perennial top ten school aka BAYLOR UCONN STANFORD TEXAS TENNESSEE ETC ETC ETC. So much for parity?

2. A Mabrey NOT going to Notre Dame? Muffet! What did you say?! I wanna know why! Is she the youngest? Are there more Mabreys? Maybe a Maybrey cousin? (Say that 10 times fast:p)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How good is the 2018 class overall?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

1. All these players are all going to the same schools. You know the ones...the perennial top ten school aka BAYLOR UCONN STANFORD TEXAS TENNESSEE ETC ETC ETC. So much for parity?

A few unexpected choices. One 2nd team player and two honorable mention are going to Georgia Tech. Another honorable mention going to Arizona. Those are definitely not the same old same old schools.

Reaction Score
How good is the 2018 class overall?
It's hard to say. I'd say. I personally don't rank the 2017's and 2018's that high because they couldn't secure u16 or u17 world championships. That's to measuring basis to me.

Reaction Score

2. A Mabrey NOT going to Notre Dame? Muffet! What did you say?! I wanna know why! Is she the youngest? Are there more Mabreys? Maybe a Maybrey cousin? (Say that 10 times fast:p)

There was a Samuelson that didn't go to Stanford. :)

Reaction Score
What jumps out at me with this senior class as that they all have 4 names, and even more amazing, their two middle names are the same, in reverse order, as their first and last names. What are the odds of that happening?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
All the Tennessee HS players that made the list ARE NOT going to matriculate with the Lady Vols. Three going to Georgia Tech and one to Kentucky. If fairness we don't know if the Lady Vols were recruiting any of these players. Might be similar to what some of the Lady Vols fans said about Crystal, we didn't want or need her. :). Just think how much better they would be if Crystal was on their team.

Reaction Score
What I noticed... the ONLY Non-Senior on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Teams is One Junior... Samantha Brunelle... still listed as Undeclared. Sure hope that changes to a UConn commit ...

Reaction Score
Elizabeth Balogun must have put together a great sr year, she has made a lot of list, good work by Ga Tech bringing her in.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Dara Mabrey get some praise nationally..............of course she's not rated in the top 100 of her class by ESPN even though she's destroyed #18 Honesty Scott Grayson but that's OK..............

Reaction Score
Wow, Georgia Tech has a nice class coming in. A 2nd team and 2 HM's.

They also have ESPN 2019 #45 point guard Alisha Lewis from Long Island Lutheran who can look eerily like Kia Nurse on occasion..........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What I noticed... the ONLY Non-Senior on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Teams is One Junior... Samantha Brunelle... still listed as Undeclared. Sure hope that changes to a UConn commit ...
They missed on Fudd. She's already better than half the player on the list. Or more.

Reaction Score
Cleaned up table

upload_2018-3-7_20-44-24.png

Reaction Score
2018 Naismith High School Girls’ All-American Team

1st team Collins Amira Amira Collins Paul VI Catholic Fairfax, VA Sr. Post Tennessee

Azzi Fudd the superstar freshman from St. John's in DC win WCAC player of the year and get no mention as an honorable mention but Collins who is in the same conference get 1st team. Go figure.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The Baylor roster next year is impressive.

Ridiculously loaded next year (and the year after that). Same with Texas. Finding how the pieces all fit together may be the biggest challenge for the coaches. If it happens, they could give UCONN a good run for its money.

Even though UCONN will be loaded once again, I think next year might finally be the one where we see more parity. Baylor, Notre Dame, and Texas should all be unbelievably good and may have the talent to compete with the Huskies. Of course, if UCONN’s freshmen are as good as advertised and if Walker makes strides in the off season, it may not matter.

Reaction Score
I think this year's BU roster is impressive. Considering what they lost last year...3 starters and two All-Americans plus a good off the bench player. Then to be so young this year with only 1 Jr and 2 Sr.

Texas is will also have another awesome roster. Be a lot more like the BU team this year, experienced post with young guards.

Also, interested to see how much young players on the Tennessee team improved.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ridiculously loaded next year (and the year after that). Same with Texas. Finding how the pieces all fit together may be the biggest challenge for the coaches. If it happens, they could give UCONN a good run for its money.

Even though UCONN will be loaded once again, I think next year might finally be the one where we see more parity. Baylor, Notre Dame, and Texas should all be unbelievably good and may have the talent to compete with the Huskies. Of course, if UCONN’s freshmen are as good as advertised and if Walker makes strides in the off season, it may not matter.
Throw in Oregon along with ND, Texas, & Baylor and those teams have the talent to compete with the Huskies next season.

Reaction Score
Throw in Oregon along with ND, Texas, & Baylor and those teams have the talent to compete with the Huskies next season.
I don't understand how the other posters could have excluded Oregon. Not only will they be strong at ever position, but they will have depth at every position as well. Barring transfers. except for Bando they lose no one for the next two years. Team chemistry can not be emphasized enough. We still don't know how well those new players coming in to their respective teams will work out in that respect. Talent does not always translate on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom