Sat 9/22 vs South Florida
Sat 10/6 vs Cincinnati
Tues 10/16 vs Sacred Heart
Sat 10/20 vs Temple
Tues 10/23 vs Vermont
Sat 10/27 vs SMU
All games, 7:00 pm

Reaction Score
It's good to see UConn starting the season with 2 games in 3 days. This is a scheduling practice that Ray Reid has studiously tried to avoid in the past, to the point where UConn no longer participates in early season tournaments. As he has explained on previous occasions, he thinks 2 games in 3 days brings on too much fatigue to the players. There is a big problem to this line of thinking. Since the post season conference tournament finals always have the winning teams playing 2 games in 3 days (as does the NCAA tournament final four), I always thought it was good to expose your team to this at some point during the season to get them used to it. Perhaps Ray Reid is finally seeing the light on this little scheduling issue. I always thought that Reid was so strident on this scheduling issue that he would accidentally psyche out his team whenever they got into a 2 games in 3 days situation during conference tournament play.

Last edited:
Reactions: jho
Reaction Score
2018 Home Games
Fri 8/24 vs Lehigh
Sun 8/26 vs Niagara
Sat 9/8 vs Dartmouth
Tues 9/11 vs Rhode Island
Tues 9/18 vs Boston College
Sat 9/22 vs South Florida
Sat 10/6 vs Cincinnati
Tues 10/16 vs Sacred Heart
Sat 10/20 vs Temple
Tues 10/23 vs Vermont
Sat 10/27 vs SMU
All games, 7:00 pm

Where did you get that? Any idea of the road games?

I don't understand why we don't try to schedule a series with some of the top teams in the sport year in and year out. Stanford, UNC, Akron, and Indiana particularly.

Reaction Score

I don't understand why we don't try to schedule a series with some of the top teams in the sport year in and year out. Stanford, UNC, Akron, and Indiana particularly.

The home schedule was on the UConn men's soccer twitter feed. The new men's soccer stadium is due to open in a couple of years. Given the project seems to have been reworked, I'm not sure if that will be in 2019, 2020, or when. While I don't know it for a fact, I have a feeling that the home schedule could be loaded with quality teams that season. We'll see.

UConn Men's Soccer‏ @UConnMSOC
An exciting fall season lies ahead! Our group ticket form is out offering $1 tickets with a purchase of 20+. Contact Scott Halpern at Scott.halpern@uconn.edu to get tix today! #141Days

DaDDcqmVwAASLO3.jpg

1:58 PM - 5 Apr 2018

jho

Reaction Score

It was a UConn Men’s Soccer tweet promoting group tickets. No word yet on road games but we’ll have conference games at Central Florida, Tulsa and Memphis and I anticipate games at Yale and Providence.

Reaction Score
UConn will play Indiana and Notre Dame out in Bloomington next year.

2018 Men's Soccer Schedule

Finally. UConn hasn't played in any early season tournaments in quite some time. Some of it is no doubt due to Ray Reid's misplaced antipathy towards playing 2 games in 3 days, which he always felt did not give his players enough rest, even though post season conference tournaments always had the winners playing 2 games in 3 days. This season UConn is twice playing 2 games in 3 days, so that little piece of Ray Reid dogma may be over.

Reaction Score
Finally. UConn hasn't played in any early season tournaments in quite some time. Some of it is no doubt due to Ray Reid's misplaced antipathy towards playing 2 games in 3 days, which he always felt did not give his players enough rest, even though post season conference tournaments always had the winners playing 2 games in 3 days. This season UConn is twice playing 2 games in 3 days, so that little piece of Ray Reid dogma may be over.

I'm glad he finally got over the 2 in 3 days thing because it's the format for postseason tournaments and that's sorta kinda important lol.

Reaction Score
More of UConn men's soccer schedule:

Saturday Sept 29 @ Memphis
Tuesday Oct 2 @ Providence
Friday Nov 2 @ Tulsa

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While UConn did not release a story on their fall men's soccer schedule, it was posted on the website today. Three games that haven't already been posted, home exhibition games against Colgate and Syracuse, and a road game against Akron, a school that always seems to have a quality soccer team. This past season Akron made it to the College Cup semi finals, further proof of the competitiveness of non P5 schools in the world of NCAA men's soccer.

Exhibition games
Mon., Aug. 13 vs. Colgate # Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Aug. 18 vs. Syracuse # Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET

Regular season
Fri., Aug. 24 vs. Lehigh Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sun., Aug. 26 vs. Niagara Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Fri., Aug. 31 vs. Notre Dame Bloomington, Ind. 5:00 p.m. ET
Sun., Sep. 2 at Indiana Bloomington, Ind. 8:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Sep. 8 vs. Dartmouth Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Sep. 11 vs. Rhode Island Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Sep. 15 at Akron Akron, Ohio 7:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Sep. 18 vs. Boston College Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Sep. 22 vs. USF * Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Fri., Sep. 28 at Memphis * Memphis, Tenn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Oct. 2 at Providence Providence, R.I. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Cincinnati * Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Fri., Oct. 12 at UCF * Orlando, Fla. TBA
Tue., Oct. 16 vs. Sacred Heart Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Oct. 20 vs. Temple * Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Oct. 23 vs. Vermont Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Oct. 27 vs. SMU * Joseph J. Morrone Stadium - Storrs, Conn. 7:00 p.m. ET
Fri., Nov. 2 at Tulsa * Tulsa, Okla. TBA

Schedule Key

*Conference Event
#Exhibition Event

UCONNHUSKIES.COM UConn Men's Soccer Official Schedule :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Men's Soccer

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom