2018 Brandon Williams offered | The Boneyard

2018 Brandon Williams offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
California native, 5'10" PG. top 35-ish player in 2018, and judging strictly off the farce that is the 2-4-7 crystal ball, he's an Arizona lean. Still, nothing wrong with showing interest in highly rated recruits.

C

Chief00

Yes - saw Brandon - Nice family and the kids were great - all want to win. He seemed like he was having a nice visit.

Did talk to Adams a bit about the commitment one must make to be great. How if he did that he could get his number on the wall. He seemed impressed I could potentially see that possibility if he worked hard.

I heard how hard Gilbert works so I am hoping they push each other but play lots of time together.

Coach Moore just smiled. I am sure he is quietly agreeing with me. Coach Moore said his family is doing good and I sent my regards - met them back in 1999 in FL - nice people.

Interesting sideline - they said Facey is actually really stronger this year - I said that's great news but I got to see that for myself. Ha ha . Finally, I asked who was really fast other than themselves - Larrier.

Up in the air about First Night now that it's man vs man. I still probably won't go - never been my thing. But who knows?

Reaction Score
Finally, I asked who was really fast other than themselves - Larrier.

So you read that Larrier was the fastest on the team in this article

Kevin Ollie Breaks Down UConn Roster At Middlesex Chamber Breakfast

and decided to pretend like you had a personal moment with the coaches. Gotcha.

To give you credit, that's actually quite subtle and creative. I applaud you. Maybe look into becoming a writer; you might be good at it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yes - saw Brandon - Nice family and the kids were great - all want to win. He seemed like he was having a nice visit.

Did talk to Adams a bit about the commitment one must make to be great. How if he did that he could get his number on the wall. He seemed impressed I could potentially see that possibility if he worked hard.

I heard how hard Gilbert works so I am hoping they push each other but play lots of time together.

Coach Moore just smiled. I am sure he is quietly agreeing with me. Coach Moore said his family is doing good and I sent my regards - met them back in 1999 in FL - nice people.

Interesting sideline - they said Facey is actually really stronger this year - I said that's great news but I got to see that for myself. Ha ha . Finally, I asked who was really fast other than themselves - Larrier.

Up in the air about First Night now that it's man vs man. I still probably won't go - never been my thing. But who knows?
Best.Post.Ever

Reaction Score

image_zpsnp04cu8h.jpeg

Reaction Score

Did you recycle the Jerome Dyson speech, or did you debut a new one?

C

Chief00

Much different college player and mindset. Adams is a fairly smart and focused player - for instance he doesn't get caught standing out of bounds. He also is better at ball security - less turnovers.
I also saw that Adams is good at hosting recruits while Jerome just viewed the recruit in my opinion as someone he would have to split up the shot pie with. My assessment of Adams is he is all about having a powerful team and he doesn't view competition negatively because I think he has a lot of confidence.
The point I was trying to make is Adams has the potential to be a really outstanding player but to get to that next level he needs to work like Kemba or Gordon.

Another difference is I am unaware of Adams failing drug tests - sneaking out the night before a day game etc. What I was trying to do was give Adams encouragement to put that extra work in and not just rely on his game day talent.

I hope this helps. Keep in mind I was asked about this comparison and Jerome is a much different guy today.

C

Chief00

To give you credit, that's actually quite subtle and creative. I applaud you. Maybe look into becoming a writer; you might be good at it.

Man, you have too much time on your hands with all these conspiracy theories. I imagine the players see the same thing KO saw. Quite frankly, as someone who's played the game you can tell real quickly if another guy is faster or slower. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

BINGO!
Ever notice that chief (who loves to try and brag about so called inside info and connections) never mentioned a word about Bunkey they entire time the guy was here until a month or so before he left, which happens to be EXACTLY when someone posted a player or recruits snapchat that heavily featured Bunkey. Now all of a sudden chief cant stop talking about him and is his great friend. Before the snapchat video, not a single word from chief about our best recruiter ever the entire time he was here. Ditto for the Glen Miller facility tour. There was an article that mentioned Miller doing the facility tour a day or two before chief started ranting about it. The examples go on and on. Funny how all chief's "inside info" begins with public knowledge from articles and social media, which apparently he seems to think slipped by the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Man, you have too much time on your hands with all these conspiracy theories. I imagine the players see the same thing KO saw. Quite frankly, as someone who's played the game you can tell real quickly if another guy is faster or slower. It's not rocket science.
He has too much time on his hands? lol

Reaction Score

Appreciate the info!!

Not sure why so many people on here criticize you and make fun of you, I guess there jealous or something? I am not sure why they would be, but I can't come up with any other reasons?

Thanks again, always nice to hear some views of the program and its players.

C

Chief00

BINGO!
Ever notice that chief (who loves to try and brag about so called inside info and connections) never mentioned a word about Bunkey they entire time the guy was here until a month or so before he left, which happens to be EXACTLY when someone posted a player or recruits snapchat that heavily featured Bunkey. Now all of a sudden chief cant stop talking about him and is his great friend. Before the snapchat video, not a single word from chief about our best recruiter ever the entire time he was here. Ditto for the Glen Miller facility tour. There was an article that mentioned Miller doing the facility tour a day or two before chief started ranting about it. The examples go on and on. Funny how all chief's "inside info" begins with public knowledge from articles and social media, which apparently he seems to think slipped by the rest of us.

That's correct, I did not talk about Bunkey until he was leaving, but not for the reasons you cite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom