2018 American Baseball Preseason Coaches' Poll | The Boneyard

2018 American Baseball Preseason Coaches' Poll

Reaction Score
Here's a link to a story on the AAC poll and preseason conference teams:

Huskies Picked Second in American Preseason Poll

UConn certainly gets some love and respect getting 2nd place and three 1st place votes in the poll. The voting for the top 5 teams is fairly tight, especially once you get past 1st place Houston. It's only a 6 point spread from the 2 through 5 spots in the poll. It would seem to promise a pretty competitive conference this year, especially in the top half of the league.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Tulane is massively disrespected. No way do they finish 8.

Memphis could be annoying. I do not expect big things from ECU or USF.

Reaction Score
Tulane is massively disrespected. No way do they finish 8.

Memphis could be annoying. I do not expect big things from ECU or USF.
I’m not sure if I’d have Tulane behind Memphis but they should be towards the bottom. They lost a massive amount of starters to graduation last year. On top of that their coach is genuinely disliked by many player which caused a lot of disfunction last year.

I agree with you on ECU. They also lost a ton of starters last year to graduation. ECU usually does a very good job recruiting so maybe we’re in for a surprise.

As for USF, I thought they would be ranked first in the preseason conference polls. They have a good group of young players who I would imagine only got better in the offseason. Although, losing their coach to South Carolina is something to keep an eye on.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I’d have Tulane behind Memphis but they should be towards the bottom. They lost a massive amount of starters to graduation last year. On top of that their coach is genuinely disliked by many player which caused a lot of disfunction last year.

I agree with you on ECU. They also lost a ton of starters last year to graduation. ECU usually does a very good job recruiting so maybe we’re in for a surprise.

As for USF, I thought they would be ranked first in the preseason conference polls. They have a good group of young players who I would imagine only got better in the offseason. Although, losing their coach to South Carolina is something to keep an eye on.

One of the players Tulane lost was catcher Paul Gozzo, who started 40 games last season. He transferred to UConn and is redshirting this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom