2018 Albany regional ... | The Boneyard

2018 Albany regional ...

Reaction Score
The 2016 and '17 regionals in Bridgeport were convenient for CT fans from a travel point of view . Looks like we probably have to travel to Albany's Times Union Center to see the games this time around . As I recall the Bridgeport games were Saturday and Monday finals . Questions....Why would the dates listed on the site be March 23-26 ? Are there two days between games ? and ... Is there anyone who is familiar with area around the Times Union Center that can recommend a hotel that's close by ? Where will the team stay ? Thanks for your help ...

Reaction Score
The 2016 and '17 regionals in Bridgeport were convenient for CT fans from a travel point of view . Looks like we probably have to travel to Albany's Times Union Center to see the games this time around . As I recall the Bridgeport games were Saturday and Monday finals . Questions....Why would the dates listed on the site be March 23-26 ? Are there two days between games ? and ... Is there anyone who is familiar with area around the Times Union Center that can recommend a hotel that's close by ? Where will the team stay ? Thanks for your help ...
Those four dates are for all four regionals. At some point they will announce which two dates are for the Albany Regional.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I live just north of Albany, so I have your problem when the regionals are in Bridgeport. There are a number of hotels within walking distance of the Times Union Center including the Hilton, Renaissance and Holiday Inn Express. There is also a great Italian restaurant within walking distance of the Times Union Center by the name of Lombardo's. I had dinner their for the 1st time the last time UConn played at Times Union, after they buried Texas in the Sweet 16 game in 2015. I knew I was at a great restaurant before I even sat down at a table because as I walked into the dining room I spotted Geno, the former AD and his staff having dinner.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

We just drove up and back each game. Wasn't a terrible ride. We did find an awesome Italian restaurant within walking distance of the Center.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We just drove up and back each game. Wasn't a terrible ride. We did find an awesome Italian restaurant within walking distance of the Center.
Lombardo's?

Reaction Score
We stayed over and were delighted to find that Albany has interesting museums and some good food. We found a local brewpub peopled with Boneyarders. I wish I could remember the name of our hotel, as it was an easy walk to the arena. The town was clean, well fooded, reasonably priced, and fun, contrary to our early concerns.

Reaction Score
apparently it's just a few politicians that ruin a rather nice town..........;)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Tickets should go on sale sometime in October, right?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The 2016 and '17 regionals in Bridgeport were convenient for CT fans from a travel point of view . Looks like we probably have to travel to Albany's Times Union Center to see the games this time around .
If only we all had those travel problems . . .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If only we all had those travel problems . . .
The last time TX traveled to the Times Union Center it wasn't pretty, as I'm sure you know. This year, TX looks like they may be a legitimate FF team, so you may get a game closer to home, although I guess the closest regional for you guys is KC.

I feel your pain. :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I live just north of Albany, so I have your problem when the regionals are in Bridgeport. There are a number of hotels within walking distance of the Times Union Center including the Hilton, Renaissance and Holiday Inn Express. There is also a great Italian restaurant within walking distance of the Times Union Center by the name of Lombardo's. I had dinner their for the 1st time the last time UConn played at Times Union, after they buried Texas in the Sweet 16 game in 2015. I knew I was at a great restaurant before I even sat down at a table because as I walked into the dining room I spotted Geno, the former AD and his staff having dinner.

If memory serves it doesn't smell too bad in Lombardo's either.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We drive down (and back) from North Eastern Vermont, may stay over this time...2.5 hours.

North/South fine, but going across the State a nightmare; essentially paved (if you believe the authorities) trails established through the valleys in the 18th and early 19th century.

The one I usually take passes by Magic and Bromley with Stratton nearby perhaps combine with a day of Southern skiing.

But we turn up somehow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom