2018 AAC X-Factors by School | The Boneyard

2018 AAC X-Factors by School

Reaction Score
Here is another jab...

Our D-Backs are slated to be our X-Factor.

AAC X-Factors 2018

>>What determines a team’s success? Having talent certainly helps. Depth is an asset as well. But there is always one player or position that is the glue that will hold everything together. They are the X-Factor.

An X-Factor can sometimes be as important as the best player, and their performance can make or break a game (maybe even a season). <<

How is that a “”jab” - seems pretty factual to me?

Reaction Score
>>What determines a team’s success? Having talent certainly helps. Depth is an asset as well. But there is always one player or position that is the glue that will hold everything together. They are the X-Factor.

An X-Factor can sometimes be as important as the best player, and their performance can make or break a game (maybe even a season). <<

How is that a “”jab” - seems pretty factual to me?

When I read words like "In a unit that was overall terrible" one could view it as a jab....just because it's true doesn't mean it's a jab.

Reaction Score
When I read words like "In a unit that was overall terrible" one could view it as a jab....just because it's true doesn't mean it's a jab.

No attack YoungFree but I find the author to be spot on with his assessment. This while I find the thread and the comment above a bit confusing.

Reaction Score
I got the X - factor right here. He might be X, Y, and Orlovsky.

It looks like there were more people in the stands in those clips than there were at the Rent last year.

That aside, he looks like a good prospect, but I think it's asking a lot of a freshman to step in day 1 and be a starting QB.

Reaction Score
It looks like there were more people in the stands in those clips than there were at the Rent last year.

That aside, he looks like a good prospect, but I think it's asking a lot of a freshman to step in day 1 and be a starting QB.
I agree -- he looks great on his high school film, has a great resume, and I'm really excited to see what he's got. But that was high school. However, if he wins the job, so be it (not that I'm expecting him too). I do expect we will see him at some point during the year, especially with the new "can play in 4 games and still retain a redshirt" rule.

This is my take on all of the incoming freshmen, especially those targeted for defense. I want the best performers on the field, regardless of age. To take this back to the subject of the thread, yes, our defensive secondary is an X factor -- the entire defense is. If when/if the newcomers become better than the returning incumbents, they play. Both athletic ability and football intelligence factor into that. I would be surprised if the defensive rotation vs. Temple looks a lot different than the defensive rotation vs. UCF.

Reaction Score
No attack YoungFree but I find the author to be spot on with his assessment. This while I find the thread and the comment above a bit confusing.

Roger. Anyone can tell you that I often post confusing things. Must be a loss in synapse function from my brain to my fingers.

Reaction Score
To me it seems spot on but perhaps he should have thrown in the LB's and the DL. That would just about cover it. ;) ;)

Reaction Score

I'm really hoping everything is ok with Marvin Washington. I want him and Krajewski to be battling for the starting job in 2019

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping everything is ok with Marvin Washington. I want him and Krajewski to be battling for the starting job in 2019
Why wait until 2019? They should all be pushing each other and competing for QB1 now. Even if Pindell is named the starter (which is most likely) the other 4 quarterbacks need to be ready to step in. Remember the old saying, “You’re only one play away from going in.”

Reaction Score
Why wait until 2019? They should all be pushing each other and competing for QB1 now. Even if Pindell is named the starter (which is most likely) the other 4 quarterbacks need to be ready to step in. Remember the old saying, “You’re only one play away from going in.”

**COUGH**tombrady**COUGH**

Reaction Score
While I think Pindell will be good, I really like the chances that one of those three younger guys becomes a well above average D1 QB. No idea which one might emerge.

May the best QB win, I too feel confident about this position moving forward.

Reaction Score
May the best QB win, I too feel confident about this position moving forward.
QB development is almost totally dependent on the OL. Luckily, I think UConn may be pretty decent in that department. If not the first couple of games, then soon thereafter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom