2018 AAC Football Betting Preview: Which Teams Are the Top Challengers to UCF? (SI) | The Boneyard

2018 AAC Football Betting Preview: Which Teams Are the Top Challengers to UCF? (SI)

Reaction Score

>>5. Connecticut: Much like Cincinnati, the Huskies will be able to put up some points but they won’t be able to prevent anybody from scoring them. The Huskies lost most of the talent off of their porous defense from a year ago, and it’s hard to imagine them finding a way to slow down some of these potent AAC offenses. But with a good quarterback in David Pindell and some solid pass-catching weapons, they should be able to at least excite some of their fans in shootout losses. That just means very little when trying to justify backing them to actually win games.<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For years with Edsall you could bet the under and make some $$$$.

This year, if I were betting, I'd go over every game until UConn proves otherwise.

Reaction Score
>>5. Connecticut: Much like Cincinnati, the Huskies will be able to put up some points but they won’t be able to prevent anybody from scoring them. The Huskies lost most of the talent off of their porous defense from a year ago, and it’s hard to imagine them finding a way to slow down some of these potent AAC offenses. But with a good quarterback in David Pindell and some solid pass-catching weapons, they should be able to at least excite some of their fans in shootout losses. That just means very little when trying to justify backing them to actually win games.<<
All these writers are reading the BY and cutting and pasting.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time accepting that a Randy Edsall team will have an absolutely horrible D two years in a row even with the roster we have. It seems likely, but I’m hoping for some good surprises for the first time in years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"The Huskies lost most of the talent off of their porous defense from a year ago..."

Interesting comment. The talent was all individual. A porous defense is a unit.

There are two possibilities. Either what was identified as individual talent didn't fit, or didn't buy in. I think it was a little bit of both. There is talent on the defensive side of the ball this season, who are presumably all in on what Edsall and Crocker is trying to do and only the true freshmen have as much experience in the scheme as last year's team could have ever hoped for. If an veteran weren't fully invested, they had the opportunity to leave beginning in December, which a few did.

Good luck, but good riddance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom