Tulsa: 4,229
East Carolina: 3,755
South Florida: 3,365
Tulane: 1,457

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That Memphis number isn’t real.

All these numbers are at least partially inflated but the Memphis number is especially fake.

Knowing UConn, we probably deflated our number. Just like WCW used to do back in the day.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Knowing UConn, we probably deflated our number. Just like WCW used to do back in the day.
I thought the 8600 might have been too high, being that from my seats I couldn't see an average in those numbers - but could be wrong
It will be a lot higher this season and in the future
Not sure if the Memphis is inflated - they played in front of packed home crowds all year last year and will this year - they have Penny fever

Reaction Score
That Memphis number isn’t real.

All these numbers are at least partially inflated but the Memphis number is especially fake.
There's no real great reason to inflate basketball numbers. Maybe some are sure, but I feel like that's a much more common football practice.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised in a down year we had a higher average attendance than Texas

Reaction Score
I always felt that attendance numbers measured by average fans in attendance is somewhat skewed because everybody plays in a different size arena. Just look at the AAC, Memphis is on top, but the FedEx Forum is an NBA arena that has a capacity of over 18,000. The XL has a capacity of 16,000 and Gampel is a little over 10,000. If we played all our games in an arena that seats 15,000+, then our numbers would be higher whether its a good or bad season.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For review, our craptastic home slate last year:

Morehead St
UMKC
Cornell
UNH
UMass Lowell
Arizona
Lafayette
Manhattan
Drexel
UCF
SMU
Tulane
Wichita St
ECU
Cincy
Temple
USF

Reaction Score
I always felt that attendance numbers measured by average fans in attendance is somewhat skewed because everybody plays in a different size arena. Just look at the AAC, Memphis is on top, but the FedEx Forum is an NBA arena that has a capacity of over 18,000. The XL has a capacity of 16,000 and Gampel is a little over 10,000. If we played all our games in an arena that seats 15,000+, then our numbers would be higher whether its a good or bad season.

There's no perfect metric for this. If you do % of arena sold, obviously smaller arenas with 100% sold will dominate. Average attendance punishes those schools instead. Kinda just have to keep both in mind.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
For review, our craptastic home slate last year:

Morehead St
UMKC
Cornell
UNH
UMass Lowell

Arizona
Lafayette
Manhattan
Drexel
UCF
SMU
Tulane
Wichita St
ECU

Cincy
Temple
USF
Wow. Seeing it spelled out like this is shocking. Of all the teams listed, there are only 2, AZ & Cincy, that I would pay money to see. There are some I might not even go to for free.

Reaction Score
Wow. Seeing it spelled out like this is shocking. Of all the teams listed, there are only 2, AZ & Cincy, that I would pay money to see. There are some I might not even go to for free.
You’d pass on Wichita State? Ray Allen Jersey retirement(USF)? This list is also missing Houston, XL game near valentines with that weird promotion I forget what it was

Reaction Score
Creighton, Georgetown, Providence, and Xavier all hosted NIT games which likely hurt their attendance numbers.

DePaul hosted several games in the CBI which definitely hurt their numbers.

For the AAC Memphis also hosted an NIT game.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
You’d pass on Wichita State? Ray Allen Jersey retirement(USF)? This list is also missing Houston, XL game near valentines with that weird promotion I forget what it was
I would pass. I'm not big on ceremonies or promotions, so the jersey retirement or weird Valentine's promos mean little to me. I'm paying for the game. Wichita was down a little and we don't have enough history for them to truly resonate. I think a lot for me is that the AAC just never really caught on with me. There were big games, but no must see TV like UConn vs the fruit on Big Monday.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For all the people who say our numbers are bogus or grossly inflated or this or that earlier in the week before the Houston football game it was announced 33k tickets had been distributed but the official attendance was announced ~19k. We do ourselves no favors.

I’m very eager to see what the attendance for Gameday in Memphis is. They like to announce 60k fans in their 60k seat stadium despite tarping off sections.

Reaction Score
I would pass. I'm not big on ceremonies or promotions, so the jersey retirement or weird Valentine's promos mean little to me. I'm paying for the game. Wichita was down a little and we don't have enough history for them to truly resonate. I think a lot for me is that the AAC just never really caught on with me. There were big games, but no must see TV like UConn vs the fruit on Big Monday.
Fair enough. The point wasn’t about the weird Valentine’s Day primo but the point was Houston was a sweet 16 team. We played UCF who was also a tournament team with maybe the most interesting player currently in the NBA on their team. I get that these games might not mean as much as a rivalry to you but that’s not a great reason to not support your team.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Fair enough. The point wasn’t about the weird Valentine’s Day primo but the point was Houston was a sweet 16 team. We played UCF who was also a tournament team with maybe the most interesting player currently in the NBA on their team. I get that these games might not mean as much as a rivalry to you but that’s not a great reason to not support your team.
I've followed/supported all things UConn since I was in grammar school (I'm 52). Started going to soccer games in middle school and graduated from there in 1990. Supporting is not an issue.
Given the sports I attend (football, basketball & hockey), I choose wisely (like Indiana Jones) where my funds get spent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom