2018/19 NCAA championship odds | The Boneyard

2018/19 NCAA championship odds

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

I know Duke's got 100 lottery picks but I don't think any of them can shoot, so I can't see them being favorites.

Villanova's gonna lose Bruson & Bridges, so they're done.

UNC miiiiiight end up being the team, but they're going to have a freshman PG.

Kentucky scares me with Green, Gabriel, Richards, Vanderbilt and a bunch of good freshman guards.

Sparty's losing their three best players.

Virginia's Virginia.

Gonzaga's strong, but they'll miss Melson and Williams.

Honestly we're looking at one of the most wide-open seasons I can ever remember. I bet we see a real darkhorse team win it next year.

Reaction Score
Gosh, give us some time to let this season sink in an enjoy the championship game that just ended 10 minutes ago, jesus!

BTW, Uconn 5000 to 1? Haha.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I know Duke's got 100 lottery picks but I don't think any of them can shoot, so I can't see them being favorites.

Kentucky scares me with Green, Gabriel, Richards, Vanderbilt and a bunch of good freshman guards.

Virginia's Virginia.

Honestly we're looking at one of the most wide-open seasons I can ever remember. I bet we see a real darkhorse team win it next year.

Feelin good about our chances. Prettay prettay good

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Gosh, give us some time to let this season sink in an enjoy the championship game that just ended 10 minutes ago, jesus!
I find it amazing that anyone can enjoy a Villanova win.
BTW, Uconn 5000 to 1? Haha.
I'll lay $20 on that!

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Things could change in a few days
Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 11.31.45 PM.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Virginia's Virginia.

If Newman comes back, Kansas is loaded. They will lose Graham and Svi, but that's it. DeSousa and Lightfoot were freshmen, Azubuike is becoming a force, they have a great class coming in, plus the Lawsons, who transferred from Memphis. Putting a point forward skilled guy like Dedric Lawson on a team with lots of scoring talent like KU will make them very dangerous.

From ABC:
1. Kansas Jayhawks

Bill Self's squad should defend its Big 12 title streak and make another run in the NCAA tournament. He'll have more talent. Yeah, it sounds crazy, but Malik Newman -- if he returns -- will enter next season as a preseason All-American after his dominance of the NCAA tournament landscape. Lagerald Vick and Udoka Azubuike should also return, joining a top-10 recruiting class that features a pair of five-star guards: Devon Dotson and Quentin Grimes. Wait. There's more. Self will also add Memphis transfers K.J. Lawson (12.3 PPG, 8.1 RPG in 2016-17) and Dedric Lawson (19.2 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 2.1 BPG) and Cal transfer Charlie Moore (12.2 PPG, 1.1 SPG), who are all eligible to play next season. Oh, and Romeo Langford, a top-five recruit who is unsigned, could still pick the Jayhawks, too. That's a helluva talent pool for Self.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kansas is a good bet, especially 3 with transfers now eligible.

And Auburn is an interesting choice if those 2 guys who were ineligible this year are back to normal.

Reaction Score
What's UConn??? I would put $5 done on it. I've seen miracles before

Matrim55

Reaction Score
If Newman comes back, Kansas is loaded. They will lose Graham and Svi, but that's it. DeSousa and Lightfoot were freshmen, Azubuike is becoming a force, they have a great class coming in, plus the Lawsons, who transferred from Memphis. Putting a point forward skilled guy like Dedric Lawson on a team with lots of scoring talent like KU will make them very dangerous.

From ABC:
1. Kansas Jayhawks

Bill Self's squad should defend its Big 12 title streak and make another run in the NCAA tournament. He'll have more talent. Yeah, it sounds crazy, but Malik Newman -- if he returns -- will enter next season as a preseason All-American after his dominance of the NCAA tournament landscape. Lagerald Vick and Udoka Azubuike should also return, joining a top-10 recruiting class that features a pair of five-star guards: Devon Dotson and Quentin Grimes. Wait. There's more. Self will also add Memphis transfers K.J. Lawson (12.3 PPG, 8.1 RPG in 2016-17) and Dedric Lawson (19.2 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 2.1 BPG) and Cal transfer Charlie Moore (12.2 PPG, 1.1 SPG), who are all eligible to play next season. Oh, and Romeo Langford, a top-five recruit who is unsigned, could still pick the Jayhawks, too. That's a helluva talent pool for Self.
This is fair – I actually forgot about the Lawsons, who I love. But I don't trust a team that loses it's entire back court, and I've seen Moore enough (I lived in Berkeley) to know he's not at Graham's or Mason's level.

I do agree they're probably preseason No. 1. But I'll be surprised if they live up to it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is fair – I actually forgot about the Lawsons, who I love. But I don't trust a team that loses it's entire back court, and I've seen Moore enough (I lived in Berkeley) to know he's not at Graham's or Mason's level.

I do agree they're probably preseason No. 1. But I'll be surprised if they live up to it.

Well they've got Dotson and Grimes and maybe Newsome as well. Plus Vick. Duke is replacing the whole starting 5. Moore is just insurance really.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Well they've got Dotson and Grimes and maybe Newsome as well. Plus Vick.
I think Newsom's gone, and Vick is meh. Dotson and Grimes should be good, but do you trust freshman guards? I don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom