4. Mohamed Bamba - 6"11 PF (NY)
5. Trevon Duval - 6"2 PG (DE)
7. Billy Preston - 6"10 PF (TX)
9. Brandon McCoy - 7"0 C (CA)
14. Hamidou Diallo - 6"5 SG (NY)
19. P.J. Washington - 6"8 PF (TX)
20. Trae Young - 6"1 PG (OK)
21. Matt Coleman 6"2 PG (VA)

Don't really know anything about all of these players, minus Hamidou and a little on Mo Bamba. Does anyone have any inside information on our chances to land any of these guys?

IMO Hamidou is the #1 priority position-wise, but who would you say would be the nicest addition to the roster?

Also was the last Texas big we had Okafor?

Reaction Score
4. Mohamed Bamba - 6"11 PF (NY)
5. Trevon Duval - 6"2 PG (DE)
7. Billy Preston - 6"10 PF (TX)
9. Brandon McCoy - 7"0 C (CA)
14. Hamidou Diallo - 6"5 SG (NY)
19. P.J. Washington - 6"8 PF (TX)
20. Trae Young - 6"1 PG (OK)
21. Matt Coleman 6"2 PG (VA)

Don't really know anything about all of these players, minus Hamidou and a little on Mo Bamba. Does anyone have any inside information on our chances to land any of these guys?

IMO Hamidou is the #1 priority position-wise, but who would you say would be the nicest addition to the roster?

Also was the last Texas big we had Okafor?
Missing Richards and Obiagu, actually not sure if we've offered Obiagu

Reaction Score
Our best shot on that list is Hamidou. Bamba is probably the other one on that list that UConn is heavily recruiting.

Preston cut his list to Maryland, Kansas, USC and Arizona.

Our main PG target is MAL, so UConn isn't focused too much on either Duval, Young or Coleman.

No idea on McCoy or Washington, but haven't seen UConn associated with both during the spring live periods.

Reaction Score
Missing (Offers in the top 25)

DJ Harvey
Nick Richards
Wendell Carter
Lonnie Walker

Reaction Score
I just want Hamidou. I want to see a '17 class that:

1. Keeps Brown. I'm not giving up on him.
2. Diallo. He'll be a top 5 player in this class. Can play 2/3 when he gets to college. Still tentatively optimistic it'll be here.
3. Ashton-Langford. Another guard who will add great depth at both spots while still having star potential further down the road.
4. Another big man. I don't care if it's someone awesome like Richards or Obiagu or a project type with a ceiling.
5. If we lose a guard, like Adams going pro or something unforeseen, I'd like to see us pick up another one for depth. Someone like NPL would be ideal.

Reaction Score
Our best shot on that list is Hamidou. Bamba is probably the other one on that list that UConn is heavily recruiting.

Preston cut his list to Maryland, Kansas, USC and Arizona.

Our main PG target is MAL, so UConn isn't focused too much on either Duval, Young or Coleman.

No idea on McCoy or Washington, but haven't seen UConn associated with both during the spring live periods.
Do you see Richards as a Kentucky lock? Also, we seem to be going hard after Obiagu.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Do you see Richards as a Kentucky lock? Also, we seem to be going hard after Obiagu.
Richards is definitely not a Kentucky lock. He's their Plan C.

The Top 25s we're seriously in on are Diallo, Richards and Harvey.

Then the next group, the 25-through-60s, include Zach Brown, MAL, Jordan Tucker, Deng Gak and Brandon Randolph. Of that group Gak is almost certain to become a top 25, while I suspect Brown will continue to drop.

I think we've cooled on Tremont Waters (for the obvious reasons) and Jermaine Samuels (which makes me sad).

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Nick Richards commented "Congrats big homie" on Christian Vital's Instagram announcing his commitment to UConn. Looks like they're buddies.

Reaction Score
Richards is definitely not a Kentucky lock. He's their Plan C.

The Top 25s we're seriously in on are Diallo, Richards and Harvey.

Then the next group, the 25-through-60s, include Zach Brown, MAL, Jordan Tucker, Deng Gak and Brandon Randolph. Of that group Gak is almost certain to become a top 25, while I suspect Brown will continue to drop.

I think we've cooled on Tremont Waters (for the obvious reasons) and Jermaine Samuels (which makes me sad).

Who are kentucky's plans A and B? Do you mean plans A and B just as far as bigs go?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one...the first one maybe the second is a long shot of long shots

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Who are kentucky's plans A and B? Do you mean plans A and B just as far as bigs go?
Just as far as bigs go. They're on Bamba and Obiagu as A & B.

They're also likely to have at least 4 of their current crop of bigs who are still around for 2017-18 (not counting Bolden, who they seem about to sign), and a ton of holes likely in the backcourt and on the wing.

I don't think they're going to be huge players for Richards, though obviously recruiting is fluid yadda yadda yadda.

Reaction Score

They're also likely to have at least 4 of their current crop of bigs who are still around for 2017-18 (not counting Bolden, who they seem about to sign), and a ton of holes likely in the backcourt and on the wing.

I don't think they're going to be huge players for Richards, though obviously recruiting is fluid yadda yadda yadda.

"But you yadda yadda'ad over the best part!"

I like the aggression we're showing with these elite bigs although brown is in the fold.

Reaction Score

"But you yadda yadda'ad over the best part!"

I like the aggression we're showing with these elite bigs although brown is in the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom