2017 Tailgate Recipes Thread | The Boneyard

2017 Tailgate Recipes Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Never too early to start laying out a game plan for grub and suds.

Whether you are at the game tailgate or at home hosting, put your recipes here for other BY'ers to peruse.

Game one I'm going with a couple of different style of cocktail meatballs.

#1 is ground beef and chorizo. 5:1 ratio of 90% lean beef to chorizo sausage. No other seasoning needed. Going to use a mustard and bbq sauce dip for them. Haven't figured that part out yet.

#2 ground beef and lamb. Don't know ratio on that yet but I'll pair it with a tzatziki sauce for dipping.

Beer for game #1? Tricky. It's August, but it's at night. Some sort of back to the future theme maybe with Edsall.

Anyway, have at it.

Hopefully by December the whole board hasn't gained 20 pounds each and lost a liver.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
My grilled wings recipe is the tits.

Marinade the chicken overnight in a 1:1 ratio of Soy sauce & italian dressing.

In a sauce pan, combine a 1:1 ratio of hot sauce and butter. Stir until mixed, then add a dash of soy sauce. stir again until mixed evenly.

If I make them at home, I toss the wings in the sauce, but if I'm at a tailgate I cook the wings until they're 99% done and then brush it on, close the top and turn off the heat after 45-60 seconds. It will smoke a lot from the application of the sauce so if you keep the lid closed it will heat it up the sauce enough.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
lazy man's pulled chicken sliders - debuted them a few years back at a spring game.

rotisserie chicken
sweet baby rays
dinner rolls
bread and butter pickles -

shred the chicken in a large bowl, and add the bbq.
drop some on a dinner roll with 2 pickles

I usually prep the chicken at home and add to the rolls when serving. super easy.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I bring jello shots to the game. Still learning my craft. Normally they are 50/50 mixes of Hot water and cold booze except for the fireball/Apple cider ones. I'll have to look those up again. That was a work in progress. I've done the following and would love to hear other mixes. My group likes to taste the booze which is why we have such high ratios.

50/50 - Malibu Rum & Pineapple Jello
50/50 - Orange Vodka & Orange Jello
2/1 - Apple Cider & Fireball & Orange Jello (Still playing with the ratios to get more Fireball in there)

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
lazy man's pulled chicken sliders - debuted them a few years back at a spring game.

rotisserie chicken
sweet baby rays
dinner rolls
bread and butter pickles -

shred the chicken in a large bowl, and add the bbq.
drop some on a dinner roll with 2 pickles

I usually prep the chicken at home and add to the rolls when serving. super easy.
So this is happening on 8/31?
excellent.

Reaction Score
Never too early to start laying out a game plan for grub and suds.

Whether you are at the game tailgate or at home hosting, put your recipes here for other BY'ers to peruse.

Game one I'm going with a couple of different style of cocktail meatballs.

#1 is ground beef and chorizo. 5:1 ratio of 90% lean beef to chorizo sausage. No other seasoning needed. Going to use a mustard and bbq sauce dip for them. Haven't figured that part out yet.

#2 ground beef and lamb. Don't know ratio on that yet but I'll pair it with a tzatziki sauce for dipping.

Beer for game #1? Tricky. It's August, but it's at night. Some sort of back to the future theme maybe with Edsall.

Anyway, have at it.

Hopefully by December the whole board hasn't gained 20 pounds each and lost a liver.

Regarding beer for the game: Holy Cross is the Crusaders. Cavalry Brewing in Oxford would have been a logical choice except:
a. they went out of business & b. their beer was, ahem, less than tasty. I may stay local in Southington & pick up a growler of an offering from Kinsman in Plantsville. Will be checking it out again on Sunday (pre-flight?) for pricing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bangin Breakfast Bake (Noon Game Special)

1 package waffles, thawed, chopped in to chunks
10 eggs
1 package breakfast sausage, diced
1 package pre cooked bacon, diced
1 package shredded cheese
Seasonings - just go easy on the salt with the bacon and sausage already there.

Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 Pyrex with cooking spray. Add the chopped waffles, bacon, and sausage to the dish (I usually end up using a little less than the whole package of bacon/sausage because even I have limits, but anything goes). Scramble the 10 eggs, add any seasonings, and pour evenly over the waffles/sausage/bacon. Bake for 25 min, cover with shredded cheese, bake for another 10. Cut in to squares and enjoy. Works well with whole wheat waffles, turkey bacon and turkey sausage too if you want to keep it "reasonable". :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom