Sat. Oct 28 v Missouri
Sat, Nov 18 v Boston College

AAC schedule (Dates TBD)
Home
: East Carolina, Memphis, USF, Tulsa
Away: UCF, Cincinnati, SMU, Temple
Does Not Play: Houston, Navy, Tulane

Reaction Score
Another good quality home slate...that Holy Cross series is a joke though!
Is it though? That schedule has 1-11 written all over it based on what we'v seen so far, and on paper Holy Cross will be the only team we are "better" than going in to the season.

Reaction Score
Too soon???

OOC schedule
Thurs Aug 31 v Holy Cross
Sat, Sept 16 @ Virginia
Sat. Oct 28 v Missouri

AAC schedule (Dates TBD)
Home
actually a very nice schedule, despite the disaster unfolding this year, we'll be re-upping on season tickets.

Reaction Score
Is it though? That schedule has 1-11 written all over it based on what we'v seen so far, and on paper Holy Cross will be the only team we are "better" than going in to the season.
I'd rather play a MAC team or Mass. I firmly believe we have no business playing 1AA teams no matter how good this team is or isn't going to be. It's a lose/lose situation...you win big it was supposed to happen...you win a close game and there is a problem...you one and it's chaos. Home and home with MAC schools or a school like Mass is a much better way to go.

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Our home schedule actually isn't all the bad in '17 considering we open with Our Lady of Worcester Community College (I mean)- Holy Cross... is it too early to start trolling Holy Cross?? lol

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'd rather play a MAC team or Mass. I firmly believe we have no business playing 1AA teams no matter how good this team is or isn't going to be. It's a lose/lose situation...you win big it was supposed to happen...you win a close game and there is a problem...you one and it's chaos. Home and home with MAC schools or a school like Mass is a much better way to go.
I've been saying this for awhile- why not make some kinda deal with the Sun Belt to get those schools up here?? They would probably take less $ to travel here, and it would at least be an intriguing matchup... Imagine like UConn vs. Georgia State or UConn vs. Lousiana at The Rent? It would make for a decent game.

Reaction Score
good news is with the recent announcement about the OC I can/will renew my season tickets for 2017.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this for awhile- why not make some kinda deal with the Sun Belt to get those schools up here?? They would probably take less $ to travel here, and it would at least be an intriguing matchup... Imagine like UConn vs. Georgia State or UConn vs. Lousiana at The Rent? It would make for a decent game.
100% agree with you...even ODU or Coastal Carolina.

Reaction Score
Basically UConn needs a home game to open the season. They want at least 6 but preferably 7 and unless you do some sort of 2-1 deal or 1-off with the Sunbelt that makes it tricky. If you have a choice of going to a B10 school or Georgia Southern it isn't a tough choice. Plus you can Get 1aa teams for a lot less. Even MAC and Sunbelts want a big payout unless you agree to 1-1. That is why we ended up doing h-h with Buffalo for so long it seemed like they were in our league.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Two P5 home games is always good for a team in our situation. When that Mizzou game was scheduled we all said it was never going to be played. Don't think it gets cancelled at this point. So it's 2018 we go to Boise?

Reaction Score
Too soon???

OOC schedule
Thurs Aug 31 v Holy Cross
Sat, Sept 16 @ Virginia
Sat. Oct 28 v Missouri

AAC schedule (Dates TBD)
Home

That is actually a pretty good schedule for a turn around season for you guys. It would help if your new OC could breath some life into the offense and get some positive momentum building into next season.

OOC- You get a W with Holy Cross, and get the benefit of playing three winnable games against P5 Schools who all happen to be differing levels of dumpster fires at the moment. Honestly all of those games are winnable. I see 3-1 but at worst 2-2

Home Conference- USF represents the toughest game on the schedule and I believe under Taggert they will eventually be the top team in the east. That said you have pulled off upsets at home before. The rest of the games are winnable although not guaranteed. I see 2-2

Away- Trickier schedule but wins can be had. I'll say 2-2

Missing out on Houston and Navy is a plus. Ultimately I see a floor of 6-6, but realistically 7-5 or better is attainable.

Reaction Score
I am not looking forward to being teased at the UCF game about the conflict.

Reaction Score
Looking at this schedule right now, with how we've performed, the only obvious win on the schedule right now is Holy Cross. the bend but don't break D with the pro style ground and pound keep games close til the end motto doesn't work well against the spread offenses that are pretty much a part of the footprint of this league...

Reaction Score
Well if the staff can get the late game plays in on time and manage their timeouts and the clock we may win that Holy Cross game.

Reaction Score
Typically, with a team like ours, where we're still trying to prove ourselves and get to a level where not only opposing teams show respect to us that we play on our schedule, but the media does too, is how you perform vs. lesser opponents... Looking back to week 1, the Maine game turned out to be an unfortunate indicator of what's going on now...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We are going to have a new OC and - my personal guess - a new QB, too. ALL bets are off when it comes to predicting next year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We are going to have a new OC and - my personal guess - a new QB, too. ALL bets are off when it comes to predicting next year.

I wonder who will be in the grad transfer market. but what grad transfer would want to come aboard a sinking ship? I guess Towles did with BC, but who knows.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
ALL bets are off when it comes to predicting next year.

So I'm hearing that you think I should hold off on the 15-0? Perhaps I'll give it a little more thought...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So I'm hearing that you think I should hold off on the 15-0? Perhaps I'll give it a little more thought...
All bets are off... except for you!!! Haha. As far as I'm concerned we are always going undefeated until proven otherwise! (Maine was a big red flag though if we are in the trust tree)

Reaction Score
I wonder who will be in the grad transfer market. but what grad transfer would want to come aboard a sinking ship? I guess Towles did with BC, but who knows.
I know of at least 2 right now who have made it known they will be moving on after this season.... Malik Zaire from ND and Max Browne from USC

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Definitely should look in to it but I was more thinking about Diaco's comments re: Williams.

All for outside help to shore up our line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom