2017 recruiting class - participation to date | The Boneyard

2017 recruiting class - participation to date

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Four games in, time to look at who seen snaps this year from the 2017 class. Looks like 13 redshirts still preserved at this point (ignoring however you would classify Eli Thomas).

1. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA <--looks like the redshirt is on, no surprise
  2. Abiola Bebe Olaniyan (CB) - Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest VA <--Edsall mentioned something about a leg injury slowing him down several weeks ago. I don't recall hearing anything more.
  3. Ryan Fitton (TE/DE/P) - Staples High School, Westport CT <--redshirting so far
  4. Ian Swenson (CB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette IL <--has been named a starter, now out with season ending surgery
  5. Brian Keating (C/LS) - Darien High School, Darien CT (PWO) <--playing
  6. Omar Fortt (DB/WR) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT <--playing
  7. James Tunstall (OL) - Lackey High School, Indian Head MD <--redshirting
  8. Ryan Van Demark (OL) - The Hun School, Princeton NJ <--playing, now a starter
  9. Jordan Swann (CB) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD <--playing, starting kick off returner
  10. Stanley Hubbard III (OL) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC <--redshirting
  11. Garrison Burnett (CB/DT QB) - Maret School, Washington DC <--redshirting (now WR)
  12. Darrian Beavers (Safety/WR) Colerain High School, Colerain OH <--playing
  13. Brayden Brown (RB/CB) - Fort Hill High School, Cumberland MD <--playing (haven't really noticed him)
  14. Caleb Thomas (DT) - Mansfield High School, Mansfield, TX <--redshirting
  15. Rob King (Safety/QB/Athlete) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA <--redshirting
  16. Robert Holmes (OL) - Oxbridge Academy West Palm Beach FL <--redshirting
  17. Cameron Hairston (WR/CB) - Lee's Summit North High School, Lee's Summit MO <--redshirting
  18. David Pindell (QB) - Lackawanna CC via Oakland Mills High School, Columbia MD <--played HC
  19. TJ Gardner-Russaw (OLB/RB) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT <--redshirting (i'm surprised on this one given how so many others are playing)
  20. Marvin Washington (QB) - Dr. Phillips High School Orlando FL <--redshirting
  21. Jay Rose (TE) - Southington CT <--playing
  22. Kevin Mensah (RB) - Sheppard Hill, Worcester MA <--playing, major contributor
  23. Zavier Scott (WR) - Killeen TX - by way of Germany <--redshirting
  24. Santana Sterling (LB) - Mesa Community College, Mesa AZ <--playing
  25. Kyle Buss (WR) - Mechanicsville NY by way of Robert Morris College <--playing
  26. Eli Thomas (LB/Safety) - Elmira New York>>Lackawanna College, Scranton PA <--not participating with team yet (redshirting?)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So how does it work for Swenson? I believe he only played in the ECU game? I might be wrong. Can he qualify for a redshirt if he only played 1-2 games or is it once you play your redshirt is gone? I know there are also medical redshirt.

Thanks for putting that list together. I had been wondering if some of the other recruits saw the field. Couldn't remember Caleb Thomas name but recall he was a decent recruit. Hoping he'll be ready to contribute next season on the D Line. We could use the help!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So how does it work for Swenson? I believe he only played in the ECU game? I might be wrong. Can he qualify for a redshirt if he only played 1-2 games or is it once you play your redshirt is gone? I know there are also medical redshirt.
Never mind. Saw Mike Anthony's tweet about his possibly getting a medical redshirt

Reaction Score
What is Swenson's injury. Also TJ Gardner injured a knee early in camp.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think a lot of places pitch to kids that they can come in and play right away... but here’s the proof that it’s true. Now, the immediate “downside” of that is that frosh and sophs are gonna make mistakes. They just are. But, when they are juniors and seniors... they will have a lot of experience under their belts.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think a lot of places pitch to kids that they can come in and play right away... but here’s the proof that it’s true. Now, the immediate “downside” of that is that frosh and sophs are gonna make mistakes. They just are. But, when they are juniors and seniors... they will have a lot of experience under their belts.

Assuming that we continue to get competent QB play, next year's squad is going to be very good and the 2019 squad is going to be great.

I'm locking in my 2019 undefeated prediction right now... ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom