Reaction Score
Published on March 13, 2017

2017 Nancy Lieberman Award Candidates:

• Lexie Brown, Duke
  • Lindsay Allen, Notre Dame
  • Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
  • Alexis Peterson, Syracuse
  • Kelsey Plum, Washington
The winner will be announced during the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association keynote session in Dallas, Texas at the Women’s Final Four.

Congrats to the finalists ...BUT ...:(

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Published on March 13, 2017

2017 Nancy Lieberman Award Candidates:

• Lexie Brown, Duke
  • Lindsay Allen, Notre Dame
  • Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
  • Alexis Peterson, Syracuse
  • Kelsey Plum, Washington
The winner will be announced during the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association keynote session in Dallas, Texas at the Women’s Final Four.

Congrats to the finalists ...BUT ...:(

Congrats to the finalists, all of them fine players.

I'm disappointed that Jordin Canada and Brooke McCarty didn't make the cut, but the competition is tough.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Congrats to the finalists, all of them fine players.

I'm disappointed that Jordin Canada and Brooke McCarty didn't make the cut, but the competition is tough.
I so agree. We're big Lindsay Allen fans in this house so it would be nice if she were to win. However each of these young ladies to me epitomize what good WCBB is about. Congratulations to all of them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Certainly not a point guard!
But then I don't really think of Mitchell that way either!
And woe to the pro team that does.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She won't win the award but Alexis Peterson had a brilliant year. She beat Kelsey Mitchell in every statistical category, including scoring average. Some of the categories (Assists & Steals) were by pretty wide margins- as in Alexis had twice as many.

Reaction Score
I'll take Allen since IMO, she's the only true PG of the bunch. She comes closest to epitomizing what the award calls for. The PG who "exemplifies the floor leadership, playmaking, and ballhandling skills that personified Lieberman during her career." She doesn't dribble around looking for screens to get her shot, she executes her team's offense to maximize everybody's potential.

Reaction Score
I'll take Allen since IMO, she's the only true PG of the bunch. She comes closest to epitomizing what the award calls for. The PG who "exemplifies the floor leadership, playmaking, and ballhandling skills that personified Lieberman during her career." She doesn't dribble around looking for screens to get her shot, she executes her team's offense to maximize everybody's potential.

While Lieberman had huge numbers in the assist column, she also averaged over 20 points per game in her freshman year at OD. I believe her career scoring average in college was over 18 points per game. She did more than hand out assists, she wss also a scorer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
While Lieberman had huge numbers in the assist column, she also averaged over 20 points per game in her freshman year at OD. I believe her career scoring average in college was over 18 points per game. She did more than hand out assists, she wss also a scorer.

How many assists did she average in college?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So much for JPM complaining about Geno and transfers huh?

Lexi has earned that nomination and I think she deserves strong consideration...

She wont win, but glad she is getting some recognition .... should have been a finalist for some of the other awards.... but of course I am biased.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So much for JPM complaining about Geno and transfers huh?

Lexi has earned that nomination and I think she deserves strong consideration...

From an outsiders perspective, it seems Duke and JPM has really turned things around. Really impressive. I wonder how much of that turnaround may have been the transfer of Azura? :rolleyes: Losing such a top player can really shock someone to reevaluate how they are perceived. Looks like a good 2017 incoming class as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom