2017: Isaiah Whaley | The Boneyard

2017: Isaiah Whaley

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We're late to the recruiting process so it's unlikely he heads to UConn and I'm not convinced we have a lot of interest. He has an official to a mid major and "some interest' by high majors so his spurn of UConn will be mitigated. Of course there will be some who will point out we can't even win recruiting battles with mid majors.

Reaction Score
Not sure how reliable Future150 is but here are his strengths and weaknesses:
STRENGTHS
3pt Shooting; Athleticism; Defensive Rebounding; High Motor; Low Post Moves; Mid-Range Shooting; Playing Above The Rim; Size For Position
NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Ball-Handling; Help-Side Defense; Low Post Footwork; Off-The-Dribble Shooting; On-Ball Defense; Scoring With Either Hand; Shot Mechanics; Speed; Upper Body Strength; High Basketball IQ

Isaiah Whaley, PF - Gastonia, NC (2017) | Future150

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not sure how reliable Future150 is but here are his strengths and weaknesses:
STRENGTHS
3pt Shooting; Athleticism; Defensive Rebounding; High Motor; Low Post Moves; Mid-Range Shooting; Playing Above The Rim; Size For Position
NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Ball-Handling; Help-Side Defense; Low Post Footwork; Off-The-Dribble Shooting; On-Ball Defense; Scoring With Either Hand; Shot Mechanics; Speed; Upper Body Strength; High Basketball IQ

Isaiah Whaley, PF - Gastonia, NC (2017) | Future150
It'd be like Durham never left

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Isaiah Whaley’s Weaknesses:
  • Defensive Rebounding: Future150 puts it as his strength for some reason, but he does not box out. Whaley seems content to try to leap over everyone and use his above-average length to make the rebound.
Dueling blogs...

I don't really think it matters. We really just need bodies to be able to practice. Take anyone who will say yes.

Reaction Score
Please come here....
husky.jpg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We are offering 20+ mpg to anyone taller than 6'7".

I get that teams are negative-recruiting against us, but that must appeal to someone.
KO must feel like Trebeck on SNL celebrity jeopardy. "Just be tall and we will give a scholarship." Every recruit is like nah I'm 6'1"

Reaction Score
I play street ball with my neighbor during the warmer months. I've been known to make breakfast sometimes. I have my own sneakers and they're not Keds.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Confirmed he is visiting, also there's a great chance we secure a commitment during the visit, provided it goes well. Fingers crossed.

Grain of salt.

Edit: I will mention my source here is incredibly close to the situation. Not someone on the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom