2017 - Crucial Year for the Program | The Boneyard

2017 - Crucial Year for the Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For Football as well. It's never now or never or do or die or sink or swim, but after two seasons of uninspired coaching and results, we're going to get a good reading on the long term fate of the program going forward.

Brimah - Senior. 3 years of development.
Enoch - Soph. 1 year development.
Adams - Soph. year phenomenal PG talent.
Larrier - uber athlete joins the squad.
DHam - 3rd year player who appears to have all the attributes required to be a star player and leader.
Facey - solid back up player.
Excellent point backup coming in.

No more stop gaps. No more ban excuses. We absolutely need to have a better year next year. And yes, I have very little hope that anything can be salvaged from this year. I don't care what the numbers say - we are an NIT team until and unless we win the AAC tourni. This year has been disappointing enough - I'm not going to be under the "Tourni Snubs" giant boot when the stomp comes - just another reminder that not only are we in a crap conference, we're also getting our lunch taken on a regular basis in it.

Ollie has one more year, in my book, before it will be proper to question whether he is the long term solution. With a starting core of DHam, Adams, Brimah, and Larrier, if we don't compete for top of the AAC next year my faith will be shaken.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Cool thanks I'll bookmark this page and check back in around 2017.

Reaction Score
Like I said earlier, I don't expect a lot next year - what I expect is improvement. Finish in the top half of the AAC, solidly make the tournament, get the freshman some playing time, and I'll be more than happy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the next two years we'll know a lot more

great classes coming in, not just graduate transfers, and KO has a great opportunity to put his unqualified stamp on the program

if we continue to be inconsistent and we continue to play mediocre basketball, it's time to officially panic

I might be in panic mode for 15/16, I'm not there long term just yet and I won't be there (long term) this year

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Over twenty wins and making a post season tournament is no disgrace.
The fans thought we had a legit point guard in Gibbs. He is not.
It is very hard to win without one. Adams will be ready next year.
DHam looked good last year because teams were concentrating on Boat.
Once teams started concentrating on DHam's forays into the lane, his flaws were exposed. Gibbs and Purvis are streaky shooters and not clutch.
Brimah broke his finger. Miller takes plays off but has been our best player.
The close games that we won with Kemba, Bazz and Boat - we lose now.
When you start getting depressed about UConn, think about the Knicks.

Reaction Score
The fans thought we had a legit point guard in Gibbs. He is not.
It is very hard to win without one. Adams will be ready next year.
DHam looked good last year because teams were concentrating on Boat.
Once teams started concentrating on DHam's forays into the lane, his flaws were exposed. Gibbs and Purvis are streaky shooters and not clutch.
Brimah broke his finger. Miller takes plays off but has been our best player.
The close games that we won with Kemba, Bazz and Boat - we lose now.
When you start getting depressed about UConn, think about the Knicks.
ok, settle for mediocrity, just like a Knicks fan

Reaction Score

Oh did the committee say we're making the tournament already? All I personally want is a tournament bid and I don't think we're getting it without the autobid or a win on Thursday

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Oh did the committee say we're making the tournament already? All I personally want is a tournament bid and I don't think we're getting it without the autobid or a win on Thursday
NIT.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This program needs a serious infusion of talent at the 1 spot. We can't develop a guy over 3/4 years into an AA stud before we can make a run, and once he leaves he can't leave a 2 year void at the most crucial position in a KO coached team until the next stud comes along.

Reaction Score
This program needs a serious infusion of talent at the 1 spot. We can't develop a guy over 3/4 years into an AA stud before we can make a run, and once he leaves he can't leave a 2 year void at the most crucial position in a KO coached team until the next stud comes along.
AG will be here next year

BUConn10

Reaction Score
AG will be here next year
We need one more player at the very least at AG's caliber to be comfortable. Gilbert is a great start though and the exact type of player this team needs though.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The NIT isn't the "post-season" for UCONN. I'm sorry, call me negative all you want, but back to back NIT appearances is a disgrace. It doesn't mean I hate Ollie or the team - but it is a flat out disgrace to the program
You are only as good as the peers you compare yourself to. This program is on par with the blue bloods but our fan base has the mentality of a Dayton or VCU. If we don't have high standards for success then mediocrity is what we will get.

Reaction Score
We need one more player at the very least at AG's caliber to be comfortable. Gilbert is a great start though and the exact type of player this team needs though.

I am hoping Larrier is a surprise. KO doesn't hook Hamilton for foolish play because there is no one else. With Larrier here next year, and Vance Jackson, I foresee a much shorter leash for Hamilton

Reaction Score
You are only as good as the peers you compare yourself to. This program is on par with the blue bloods but our fan base has the mentality of a Dayton or VCU. If we don't have high standards for success then mediocrity is what we will get.

THANK YOU

Look, I came to the boneyard for the football board. And I am "aggressively" positive on the football side of things because that's where the state of the program needs to be. But this is UConn basketball - people saying that "sanctions" have to do with us missing the tournament are not giving themselves or our alma mater enough credit.

Reaction Score
Is 2017 a Must-NCAA year?

Personally, I think making the tournament every year should be the floor no matter the state of the program. Yes, we can miss once in a blue moon, but the other top programs don't miss back to back, twice in three years, back-back-back, etc.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think making the tournament every year should be the floor no matter the state of the program. Yes, we can miss once in a blue moon, but the other top programs don't miss back to back, twice in three years, back-back-back, etc.
Missed the joke/meme

Reaction Score
THANK YOU

Look, I came to the boneyard for the football board. And I am "aggressively" positive on the football side of things because that's where the state of the program needs to be. But this is UConn basketball - people saying that "sanctions" have to do with us missing the tournament are not giving themselves or our alma mater enough credit.
First, we haven't missed the tournament this year.

Second, we absolutely have the sanctions--and the coaching change, and the demotion to the AAC--to blame for the poor recruiting for the class of 2012 (Calhoun, Nolan), 2013 (Brimah, Facey, Samuel), and to a lesser extent 2014 (SCJr., Hamilton). Coaches guide players, but players win games.

Reaction Score
First, we haven't missed the tournament this year.

Second, we absolutely have the sanctions--and the coaching change, and the demotion to the AAC--to blame for the poor recruiting for the class of 2012 (Calhoun, Nolan), 2013 (Brimah, Facey, Samuel), and to a lesser extent 2014 (SCJr., Hamilton). Coaches guide players, but players win games.

I feel this attitude is something a mid major fan would have, to be honest. As KO said, "We're UConn"

Reaction Score
I feel this attitude is something a mid major fan would have, to be honest. As KO said, "We're UConn"
????

You mean that you need talented players to win NCAA titles? That's mid-major thinking? Or that having actual restrictions on your recruiting would limit your ability to, you know recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom