2017 Connecticut 18th Annual NIKE Coach of the Year Clinic | The Boneyard

2017 Connecticut 18th Annual NIKE Coach of the Year Clinic

Reaction Score
Looks like Edsall, Crocker and Lashlee were out building relationships/bridges and spreading the gospel last night.

Billy Crocker - Defensive Coordinator University of Connecticut - UCONN'S Defensive Base With Adjustments
Rhett Lashlee - Offensive Coordinator University of Connecticut - Using Tempo In Your Offense W
Randy Edsall - Head Coach University of Connecticut - How We Will Rebuild the Husky Program

Cory Jerr ‏@TheReal_CJerr 12h 12 hours ago
@RandyEdsall and his @UConnFootball staff did a great job tonight presenting at @CTNikeClinic @JonathanWholley & @rhettlashlee was fired up

Frank Stamilio ‏@CTNikeClinic 3h 3 hours ago
Great seeing @Coach_Crock last night at @CTNikeClinic. We are fired up to have him leading @UConnFootball defense! #HuskyFootball

Exciting 2 hear @rhettlashlee last night @CTNikeClinic demo some of the new O. Welcome y'all to up tempo, exciting football! #RockinTheRent

Proud of @JonathanWholley former Southington BK, last night @CTNikeClinic speaking w/ passion on why @UConnFootball will be relevant again!

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Looks like Edsall, Crocker and Lashlee were out building relationships/bridges and spreading the gospel last night.

Billy Crocker - Defensive Coordinator University of Connecticut - UCONN'S Defensive Base With Adjustments
Rhett Lashlee - Offensive Coordinator University of Connecticut - Using Tempo In Your Offense W
Randy Edsall - Head Coach University of Connecticut - How We Will Rebuild the Husky Program

Cory Jerr ‏@TheReal_CJerr 12h 12 hours ago
@RandyEdsall and his @UConnFootball staff did a great job tonight presenting at @CTNikeClinic @JonathanWholley & @rhettlashlee was fired up

Great seeing @Coach_Crock last night at @CTNikeClinic. We are fired up to have him leading @UConnFootball defense! #HuskyFootball

Exciting 2 hear @rhettlashlee last night @CTNikeClinic demo some of the new O. Welcome y'all to up tempo, exciting football! #RockinTheRent

Proud of @JonathanWholley former Southington BK, last night @CTNikeClinic speaking w/ passion on why @UConnFootball will be relevant again!

RE is nailing it.

Reaction Score
RE is nailing it.
If someone could take the Return of the Jedi poster and 'shop in RE as Luke, AD Dave as Han, Herbst as Leia, Richardson as Lando, Corey as the Ewok, etc I will "like" their next 50 posts

Reaction Score
Is Diaco Jar Jar Binks?
I wonder if he would be Vader but he was, as you aptly suggested, more of a clown than a sinister villain. And he's not fat enough to be Jaba. Maybe he could be the little gremlin that hangs out with Jaba and Warde could be Jaba

Reaction Score
If there is video of this, I would pay handsomely to watch the whole presentation.

I Need football strategy right now. Other than a possible 3-3-5 on defense, no one knows what to expect on either side of the ball. And even the 3-3-5 is up for discussion right now. we can't even use the Auburn offense as a base because we don't know how much of it Lashlee was actually running himself, and how much was malzahn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wonder if he would be Vader but he was, as you aptly suggested, more of a clown than a sinister villain. And he's not fat enough to be Jaba. Maybe he could be the little gremlin that hangs out with Jaba and Warde could be Jaba

PP is Vader, GDL is Jabba.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing up-tempo about the offense. Does Lashlee believe in running plays quickly as a rule or spending time reading the defensive sets.

Reaction Score
They are spreading out and hitting the Coach Clinic Circuit

Tim Horton is the Auburn RB Coach.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing up-tempo about the offense. Does Lashlee believe in running plays quickly as a rule or spending time reading the defensive sets.
You can't really run tempo and check. Usually how it works is you'll run a package. If that package is successful you will keep running that package until it fails, and then you'll run something else. So you could be working with the same three plays over and over down the field if you keep picking up first downs.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
This is usually a fantastic clinic. Went a few years back to back and met Bob Stoops. He was a jackass but still provided some much needed info.

Reaction Score
Auburn ran a "hurry up, no huddle" system under Malzahn/Lashlee. It's not a "check with me" system. The objective of the offense is to maximize the number of plays the offense can run, score points, tire out the opposing defense, and make the opponent play a simplified defensive scheme. Here are a couple good reads on the Lashlee's HUNH philosophy, the role of the QB, and how the offense has evolved in the last few years.

Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense built around two principles: 'Play fast and physical'

Breaking down Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense: Quarterbacks

Rhett Lashlee: Offensive coaching staff no longer fixated on total plays per game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom