2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Temple stretches it to 9 over undermanned Auburn with 6 mins left.

Just like that down to 3! Now 6! Raining 3's!

Reaction Score
Closed it out well. A little sloppy on defense but offense was pretty solid. Balanced. Think we can match up with them if guard play improves and we can cover the perimeter. They penetrate well to complement outside shooting. Defense loses focus occasionally.

Good win for AAC. Auburn will be tough if/when 2 players return.

Temple Auburn.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm developing a hatred for the Houston program. You can pretty much bank on them embarrassing the AAC OOC and then rallying just in time to be January and February warriors.

They just lost to Drexel (sub-200 in KenPom prior to the game) and eked out a win over #170 Liberty today. Can't wait for them to shoot 15 of 20 from three in front of 1,500 fans against us later this year, sabotage the league by sprinkling in some upsets over possible tournament teams, and somehow wind up third in the standings by playing an unbalanced league schedule.

Nothing has ever embodied a motel like Houston basketball. Them and Tulsa. I feel gross talking about them. If you're gonna be irrelevant than just go full suck and stop bothering me with your existence you petulant stains of human waste. These programs are a complete distraction to the appreciation of the fighting human spirit and I propose that at once we expunge then from the archives of our species.

Reaction Score
I'm developing a hatred for the Houston program. You can pretty much bank on them embarrassing the AAC OOC and then rallying just in time to be January and February warriors.

They just lost to Drexel (sub-200 in KenPom prior to the game) and eked out a win over #170 Liberty today. Can't wait for them to shoot 15 of 20 from three in front of 1,500 fans against us later this year, sabotage the league by sprinkling in some upsets over possible tournament teams, and somehow wind up third in the standings by playing an unbalanced league schedule.

Nothing has ever embodied a motel like Houston basketball. Them and Tulsa. I feel gross talking about them. If you're gonna be irrelevant than just go full suck and stop bothering me with your existence you petulant stains of human waste. These programs are a complete distraction to the appreciation of the fighting human spirit and I propose that at once we expunge then from the archives of our species.

That was entertaining...and an accurate assessment.
Wanted a discussion. Thanks though
I think tonight we will find out if Texas Arlington is one of the top mid majors. The combination of Eric Neal & Kevin Hervey have been touted as the best one/two punch of any mid major. The hype is real as they did blow out Oklahoma in a preseason scrimmage. Playing on the road against BYU as an 8 point dog will be a true road test. The loss of Nick Emery after his divorce is a huge loss for BYU. Emery could have been the best guard in the WCC. It will be interesting to see what happens with his career on the hardwood.

Also the OOC for Bucknell has been brutal. Tonight they travel to Maryland after games @ North Carolina and Arkansas. I assume this team is gassed but I expected they would win at least one of these murders row OOC road games. Looks like it may not happen.

Kahari Beaufort (East Hartford) is in action with Tennessee Martin. He only logs about 6 mins a game though.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That was entertaining...and an accurate assessment.

I think tonight we will find out if Texas Arlington is one of the top mid majors. The combination of Eric Neal & Kevin Hervey have been touted as the best one/two punch of any mid major. The hype is real as they did blow out Oklahoma in a preseason scrimmage. Playing on the road against BYU as an 8 point dog will be a true road test. The loss of Nick Emery after his divorce is a huge loss for BYU. Emery could have been the best guard in the WCC. It will be interesting to see what happens with his career on the hardwood.

Also the OOC for Bucknell has been brutal. Tonight they travel to Maryland after games @ North Carolina and Arkansas. I assume this team is gassed but I expected they would win at least one of these murders row OOC road games. Looks like it may not happen.

Kahari Beaufort (East Hartford) is in action with Tennessee Martin. He only logs about 6 mins a game though.
Thanks. Yeah there are some decent games. I want to watch the Maryland game and even Syracuse game but they’re not on tv

pj

Reaction Score
NJIT beat Seton Hall.
Texas Tech beat BC.
Bad day for the old Big East.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Motel?

Reaction Score
Big game for USF @ Indiana tonight at 6pm alongside us. Hoosiers really need a win and the fans will be a big factor. Hopefully TSam and Co. can weather the storm and pull out a tough road win.

USF Travels to Indiana to Open Hoosier Tip-Off Classic

Later tonight Temple and Clemson. These games matter to the AAC.

I think the USF/Indiana game matters to the AAC in the same way the UNH/Florida game matters to the America East. It technically matters, but it's not worth worrying about much since the outcome is basically a foregone conclusion. South Florida is going to be horrible and whether that means their RPI is 270 or 290 probably doesn't much matter.

Temple/Clemson is an entirely different story. These are the games that are enormous to a conference because they can be the difference between three or four bids in March. Similar caliber teams, the outcome won't do a lot to change that, but ten RPI slots or so could be at stake. This is where variance comes in and everybody holds their breath - with the committee assigning value to arbitrary cut-offs, these victories can mark the tenuous difference between us having eight games against top 50 competition or ten.

pj

Reaction Score
I think the USF/Indiana game matters to the AAC in the same way the UNH/Florida game matters to the America East. It technically matters, but it's not worth worrying about much since the outcome is basically a foregone conclusion. South Florida is going to be horrible and whether that means their RPI is 270 or 290 probably doesn't much matter.

Temple/Clemson is an entirely different story. These are the games that are enormous to a conference because they can be the difference between three or four bids in March. Similar caliber teams, the outcome won't do a lot to change that, but ten RPI slots or so could be at stake. This is where variance comes in and everybody holds their breath - with the committee assigning value to arbitrary cut-offs, these victories can mark the tenuous difference between us having eight games against top 50 competition or ten.

Since we play USF twice, and most of our opponents play them twice, increasing their RPI from 290 to 270 will raise ours and all the other AAC teams by 2 places, which is significant if you expect to be a bubble team.

Temple/Clemson is more important for Temple than the AAC. USF/Indiana is more important for the AAC than USF.

Reaction Score
Houston was looking good but most calls going P5 now. Still hanging on up 4 2:30 and a 3 makes it up 7.

Reaction Score
Since we play USF twice, and most of our opponents play them twice, increasing their RPI from 290 to 270 will raise ours and all the other AAC teams by 2 places, which is significant if you expect to be a bubble team.

Temple/Clemson is more important for Temple than the AAC. USF/Indiana is more important for the AAC than USF.

What I'm saying is that two slots in the RPI is not as important as having an extra two games on the schedule against a top 50 opponent. The conference at large having an additional quality victory is way more important than two slots in the RPI (the 290 vs. 270 is a hypothetical anyway; one game, especially on the road against Indiana, is not likely to have a negative effect on UConn's RPI).

Having more good teams increases the overall profile of the conference, sells more tickets, adds tournament shares, and potentially helps the TV deal. As far as optics is concerned, the difference between a third place Temple team with quality wins OOC and a third place Temple team with no quality wins OOC is enormous.

Reaction Score
Experienced mid majors who actual have achieved a semblance of team chemistry
are no push overs against inexperience teams with more talent.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Illinois St pounding Tulsa early 26-7 11 mins left in the 1st.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom