2016 UConn commitment: Molly Bent [merged thread] | The Boneyard

2016 UConn commitment: Molly Bent [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Molly’s high school career started at Barnstable, where she averaged 27 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists per game. By her sophomore year, she reached the 1,000th point mark and was named a Globe All-Scholastic. She finished her career at Barnstable with 1,001 points, before transferring to Tabor Academy and reclassifying to repeat her sophomore year.

[LINK]

From a November 2014 article:

...junior soccer and basketball star has received scholarship offers from as many as 12 Division 1 NCAA women’s basketball programs in

Centerville’s Molly Bent, a Tabor Academy junior basketball star, has generated a dozen collegiate basketball scholarship offers this year as well as interest from a half dozen Ivy League schools.
Photo courtesy of Kathleen Bent

To date, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth and Brown have all expressed interest in having the fleet-footed, sure-handed 5’9” point guard matriculate to their hallowed halls, with Princeton likely near the top of the list in terms of overall interest.

...a dozen other Division 1 schools have laid out the virtual collegiate red carpet for the bright and talented student-athlete.

[LINK]

Last edited:
Reactions: HGN

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Molly_Bent_1.jpg

She's got the Sue Bird ponytail down.

5 videos on Youtube. Here's one:

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This from last summer; not sure why the PF label.

Molly Bent, 5-9 power forward, R.I. Breakers-Edgehill/Tabor Academy: An aggressive defenders with quick hands that produce many steals. She will break down a defense by driving and slicing for the finish, or dish to open teammates. High court IQ and sees and delivers passes to open teammates. Already has multiple D-I offers.

http://selecthoops.blogspot.com/2014/06/mass-aau-teams-show-out-at-gymrat.html

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This from last summer; not sure why the PF label.

Molly Bent, 5-9 power forward, R.I. Breakers-Edgehill/Tabor Academy: An aggressive defenders with quick hands that produce many steals. She will break down a defense by driving and slicing for the finish, or dish to open teammates. High court IQ and sees and delivers passes to open teammates. Already has multiple D-I offers.
http://selecthoops.blogspot.com/2014/06/mass-aau-teams-show-out-at-gymrat.html
This commitment has me scratching my head. Anyone else? Was I too focused on Chou, Willoughby, Harris, Ionescu, Ramirez, or Slocum? Kelly Jekot visited UCONN and seemed interested and ended up signing with Villanova. Am I just another spoiled UCONN fan? I look at the video and a see a very good player, I am not even sure she was the best guard in that AAU team's backcourt-#24 with the brace looked just as good IMO.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
can't paste the Tweet from here, but a scouting service published this. Never head of her, but she is a 2016 guard.

Can't verify.

Reaction Score
Has every UConn player been a number 1 recruit or been ranked in the top 10? Geno recruits players who will sacrifice individual stats for the sake of the team. I don't know Molly Bent, but I'll bet she's a team player, exactly what the Huskies need.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Molly must have things that Geno likes: personality, intelligence, toughness, basketball skills. She could be another Maria Conlon. Maria had a pretty nice career.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She's got a pretty cool name. Now that I know what it is...:confused:

Reaction Score
Molly must have things that Geno likes: personality, intelligence, toughness, basketball skills. She could be another Maria Conlon. Maria had a pretty nice career.

She is bent on winning championships.

Reaction Score
From Carl A.:

Molly Bent was focused on playing for her AAU team, the Rhode Island Breakers, in the Deep South Invitational in North Carolina.

Little did she know that late April weekend she had caught the eye of the University of Connecticut women’s basketball coaching staff.

Five weeks later, Bent and the Huskies have a future together.

Bent, a 5-foot-9 junior point guard from Tabor Academy and Barnstable, Massachusetts, has made an oral commitment to UConn. She informed coach Geno Auriemma of her decision Thursday night after making an unofficial visit on Wednesday.

The recruiting process moved quickly.

“That’s what I told them,” Bent said with a laugh Friday night. “From what they told me, one of the coaches was walking by and there was something that I did in my game that caught their eye. They watched a little bit and then (assistant coach) Shea Ralph got in touch with my AAU coach. I was so excited.

“I was on campus Wednesday and I loved every minute. I knew right away. It just felt like home. I loved the coaches and the players, the family atmosphere, and just the basketball culture. Academics are also very important to me so that’s something I wanted to check out.

“I got home and I decided to sleep on it. I talked to my family and then I told Coach Auriemma. Then today all my friends found out. I’m really, really happy.”

Bent joins Crystal Dangerfield (5-5 guard, Murfreesboro, Tennessee) and Kyla Irwin (6-2 forward, State College, Pennsylvania) as recruits from the Class of 2016.

“I love to pass the ball and find the open players, I love to run and I love to compete,” Bent said Friday night. “I may not be the tallest or the quickest, or the most athletic, but I will compete. And I’ll knock down a shot when my team needs me to.”

[LINK] to full article.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Awesome! She sounds like a great kid. And you need kids like that on the team. Wonder what she did that impressed Shea?

Reaction Score
Does this mean that the 2016 recruiting class is full ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All the videos of Bent that were up on Youtube a few hours ago have been taken down by the owner. Now, why would someone put videos up and then remove them just as people were starting to watch them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom