2016 UConn Baseball | The Boneyard

2016 UConn Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Damn...saw the thread title and got my hopes up that they finally released the official roster.

Reaction Score
Damn...saw the thread title and got my hopes up that they finally released the official roster.

From what I remember, last year baseball released a 37 man roster shortly after spring semester started. They released the 35 man final roster a few days before the season actually started.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
From what I remember, last year baseball released a 37 man roster shortly after spring semester started. They released the 35 man final roster a few days before the season actually started.

That's something that really has to change. I follow the ECSU team as well since I have a HS classmate that plays for them, and their official roster has been up for at least a month.

Reaction Score
That's something that really has to change. I follow the ECSU team as well since I have a HS classmate that plays for them, and their official roster has been up for at least a month.

I certainly agree with you. Many schools post a fall baseball roster on their websites, and then update it for the spring season. UConn needs to get back to this. UConn baseball also needs to start issuing a fall press release on the players that are new to the team. I don't remember the last time that UConn baseball did this.

Reaction Score
Great news...

UConnBaseball 8:08pm via Twitter Web Client
Husky fans can expect content from the Voice of #UConn Baseball to hit uconnhuskies.com in the coming weeks.

JonesCcj 8:03pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn Baseball season almost a month away, quick primer on returning hitters for the Huskies.
https://uconnbaseballblog.wordpress.com/

JonesCcj 8:05pm via Twitter Web Client
Much more content to come...interviews with coaches, player features and In-depth preview of 2016 team (possibly a weekly podcast too).

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Chris, if you're somehow reading this please know that your work is appreciated.

Reaction Score
Great news...

UConnBaseball 8:08pm via Twitter Web Client
Husky fans can expect content from the Voice of #UConn Baseball to hit uconnhuskies.com in the coming weeks.

JonesCcj 8:03pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn Baseball season almost a month away, quick primer on returning hitters for the Huskies.

JonesCcj 8:05pm via Twitter Web Client
Much more content to come...interviews with coaches, player features and In-depth preview of 2016 team (possibly a weekly podcast too).

Ah, something to chew on besides my idle speculation.

Reaction Score
On the UConn website, last year's 2015 baseball roster is still listed. However, Chris Jones on his blog has posted a preliminary 39 man roster of players that he knows that are still on the baseball team. Four players still need to be cut before opening day.

Seniors

Over
Slade
Sundberg
Melley
DeRoche-Duffin
Darras
Daniello
Buckley

Juniors

Radue
Lefevre
Zapata
Ruotolo
Kay
Domnarski
Hill
Gnesda
Krueger
Davila

Sophomores

Holmes
Nepiarsky
Yahn
Stefanski
Rivera
Montgomerie
Russell
Mitchell

Freshmen

Dandeneau
Rajkowski
Riley
Breiner
Cate
Hintze
Lambrecht
Malandro
Polonia
Poulin
Rossomando
Susi
Toppa

Five players are gone from the 44 man fall ball roster. One of them is Taylor Olmstead, who transferred to Southern New Hampshire University. Griffin Garabedian is also gone from the roster.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
One of the other cuts from the fall roster is C/OF Jason D'Andrea. Does anyone with a bit of time on their hands and a copy of the fall roster handy mind picking out the other two?

Reaction Score
Matt Laveneziana and Joe Maselli, both freshmen. D'Andrea was on last year's fall ball roster as well.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Matt Laveneziana and Joe Maselli, both freshmen. D'Andrea was on last year's fall ball roster as well.

Many thanks. I am in between computers right now, so the copy of the fall roster I had saved doesn't exist anymore. I know we've already mentioned the ridiculous delay in the publication of the spring roster, but I fail to see why they couldn't post the fall roster on the website if they were handing it out at the alumni game.

Reaction Score
Many thanks. I am in between computers right now, so the copy of the fall roster I had saved doesn't exist anymore. I know we've already mentioned the ridiculous delay in the publication of the spring roster, but I fail to see why they couldn't post the fall roster on the website if they were handing it out at the alumni game.

To tell the truth, they weren't handing out the roster at the alumni game. I saw one of the worker's with one, and I asked if I could have a copy.

Reaction Score
On the UConn website, last year's 2015 baseball roster is still listed. However, Chris Jones on his blog has posted a preliminary 39 man roster of players that he knows that are still on the baseball team. Four players still need to be cut before opening day.

Seniors

Over
Slade
Sundberg
Melley
DeRoche-Duffin
Darras
Daniello
Buckley

Juniors

Radue
Lefevre
Zapata
Ruotolo
Kay
Domnarski
Hill
Gnesda
Krueger
Davila

Sophomores

Holmes
Nepiarsky
Yahn
Stefanski
Rivera
Montgomerie
Russell
Mitchell

Freshmen

Dandeneau
Rajkowski
Riley
Breiner
Cate
Hintze
Lambrecht
Malandro
Polonia
Poulin
Rossomando
Susi
Toppa

Five players are gone from the 44 man fall ball roster. One of them is Taylor Olmstead, who transferred to Southern New Hampshire University. Griffin Garabedian is also gone from the roster.

3 to go. Soph. LH Pitcher Mitchell is sitting the year as a transfer from UH.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Also, OUTSTANDING news to see Ryan Radue listed on the roster. I'm guessing that his family wants to keep things private seeing as there haven't been too many updates on his condition, and I respect that. But if he is well enough to be playing this season, that is so, so awesome.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not all baseball transfers have to sit out a year.

They also take up roster space if they do, E.J. Levenberry on the football team and Terry Larrier on the men's basketball team are listed in all forms of media from this season as rostered athletes, even though they aren't eligible to play until next year.

Reaction Score
Agreed... but trust me.;)

(unless something changes drastically).

I believe NCAA rules do not allow for players who are cut from the 35 man roster to use UConn baseball practice facilities or to be able to practice with the team. If they want a transfer to able to do these things, he has to be on the 35 man roster. One of the other rules is that a player receiving athletic scholarship money be on the roster.

Reaction Score
UConn baseball has posted a 38 man roster. The only difference from my quick glance from the Chris Jones one from yesterday is that Tyler Mitchell is no longer listed. So three more cuts will be made before opening day.
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/conn-m-basebl-mtt.html
pfft.png

:);):)

Reaction Score

I admit to knowing next to nothing about Tyler Mitchell, but now you have me wondering if he will end up playing at Avery Point. Last year pitcher John Russell was on the UConn Storrs fall ball roster, but played in the spring season for the Pointers. Russell is still currently with this season's 38 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom