2016 recruiting class is critical | The Boneyard

2016 recruiting class is critical

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It's looking more and more like the 2016 recruiting class is going to be HUGELY important for the program going forward. KO really needs to do some damage on the recruiting trail.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we currently have 3 scholarships open for 2015 with Samuel transferring. If we get Gibbs, we still have 2 scholarships. MAYBE we get another transfer or one of our 2016 targets reclassifies to 2015, or maybe we fill one with a walk-on again? But I think we'll probably end up with an at least 1 open scholarship for 2015.

Now, consider the fact that for 2016 we also lose Nolan, Omar, Miller and Amilo to graduation/exhausted eligibility. We would also lose Gibbs if he comes here. Thats 4 or 5 scholarships available at a bare minimum for 2016. I also wouldn't be surprised if one or two of Hamilton/Purvis/Brimah/Adams(?) make the leap next year and go pro. We could have as many as 7 scholarships open with needs at EVERY position from PG to C.

2016 is so critical to KO and the program. We need to land some major targets at every position while also building for the long-term future. It's been interesting to see how KO has filled the scholarships lately. If the grad transfer rule gets changed, how will we fill these 6 or 7 2016 scholarships? I know we're involved with a lot of top targets, KO has spread a wide net again. Here's to hoping KO can get a bunch to commit.

The last class that was as critical with 6 players was the 2010-2011 class. For reference, that class was: Shabazz, Lamb, Niels, Olander, Roscoe, Wolf, Bradley.

Here's to hoping KO can land as good a 2016 class as that 2010 class. This is not a doom and gloom post by any stretch. I'm just now realizing how vital the 2016 class is going to be. Lots of driving ourselves nuts over recruiting in our future.

Also worth noting that the 2015 team's performance will be HUGE in determining who wants to commit and play for KO. Telling times ahead.

Go huskies! #bleedblue

Last edited:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Dean, Frank, Sammy, Joey and Peter.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Mamadou Diarra, Tyrique Jones, Alterique Gilbert, Bruce Brown, Mario Kegler

DONE

(Spellcheck wants MD to be Mama Duo Disarray)

On paper, that class makes 2010 look like one of my old rec basketball teams. Getting all of those guys would be as good or better than a Calhoun haul in his prime.

Reaction Score
Sonofabeach said:
So are you saying Next for him?

But - by omission, he is not saying next for the other four, which I take to mean they must be locks. So now we just have to work on a fifth guy. Good to have a head start.

Reaction Score
Don't hold breath over Mario.
Yeah, it seems like we've cooled on him, while Mississippi State has made serious inroads. Howland is a very good recruiter.

We're all-in on VJ King as our big fish SF for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom