2016 NBA Draft Preseason Preview: Top-10 Shooting Guards (#8 D. Hamilton) | The Boneyard

2016 NBA Draft Preseason Preview: Top-10 Shooting Guards (#8 D. Hamilton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...raft-preseason-preview-top-10-shooting-guards

8. Daniel Hamilton

Sophomore, Connecticut

Measurables: 6-8, 198 pounds, 6-8 wingspan

Hamilton is an interesting draft prospect due to his scoring ability, size for the position and ability to rebound from the wing. First and foremost, Hamilton's a scorer. He can knock down shots from the outside and slash to get shots from the midrange and at the rim. He's also a really good playmaker for others, as he averaged nearly four assists per game as a freshman -- something that's hard to do for wings in today's college game. The problem last season for him was that once he got inside the arc, he couldn't do anything. Despite his size, he only made 55 percent of his shots around the rim, and was even worse from the midrange. He also needs to improve his defensive effort, as he has the athleticism to be a difference maker on that end and just doesn't quite get there often enough. He'll be in a better position this year to be the focal point of Connecticut's offense without Ryan Boatright in the mix, and that should lead to something of a breakout if he can start getting more efficient.

Reaction Score
also listed in the 40s in DX newly minted 2017 mock. I hope both brimah and hamilton play themselves into late first round position, in their respective draft entries.

Reaction Score
He got to the rim so easy with his little spin move, when he didn't lose the ball, he just front rimmed almost all his little runners. I think if he can hit this shot with some consistency he will def be a top 10 draft pick.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that sees Hamilton playing the three at the next level? I know he's slender and has a small wingspan for his size, but I still think he ends up at the three.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, he needs to get stronger. I agree as he becomes more of an offensive focal point, his foul shooting becomes even more important - and must improved.
In September, I will breakdown his game further for those who want insight into the game. But for now, I wanted to make those two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom