F: Deandre Daniels
F: Jeff Adrian
C: Hasheem Thabett
6: Denham Brown
7: Sterling Gibbs

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think the combo of Kemba and Thabeet is hard to beat. Whereas David has a great front court both offensively and defensively, I don't think his back court can match the presence that Kemba brings. The best go to shot maker in program history mixed in with the most intimidating and statistically effective defensive player who has ever worn a Husky Jersey is tough to match.

Add in Purvis, Daniels for an athletic and capable 3pt shooting wing presence and Jeff Adrien for pure toughness and D, one of the most consistent double double guys we have had in years.

Reaction Score
BUHusky has a very good team, but only one ball handler. Nadav/Villanueva/Okafor will be able to shutdown Deandre/Adrien/Thabeet.

Kemba will be a problem, but my game plan is to use 6'5" Tate to play underneath screens to make him shoot 3s when he has the ball. Anytime he passes to Purvis we will be denying the pass back to Kemba. Our game plan will be to cut the head off the snake. If we can do everything possible to make sure Kemba only gets around 15 points I don't see how his team can win.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
;);)
BUHusky has a very good team, but only one ball handler. Nadav/Villanueva/Okafor will be able to shutdown Deandre/Adrien/Thabeet.

Kemba will be a problem, but my game plan is to use 6'5" Tate to play underneath screens to make him shoot 3s when he has the ball. Anytime he passes to Purvis we will be denying the pass back to Kemba. Our game plan will be to cut the head off the snake. If we can do everything possible to make sure Kemba only gets around 15 points I don't see how his team can win.
Haha that's a good plan of attack based on how my team is made up. Just one question though, what happens when you get to the rim? Which leads into my second question, how many bench guys do you have ready to place because it will be a physical game ;)

Reaction Score
;);)
Haha that's a good plan of attack based on how my team is made up. Just one question though, what happens when you get to the rim? Which leads into my second question, how many bench guys do you have ready to place because it will be a physical game ;)

My bench is Mouring and Donny Marshall. Yours is Denham Brown and Gibbs. Not worried about my bench at all. You should hope that Thabeet doesn't get into any foul trouble because if Adrien has to guard Mek at all, you're in big big trouble

BUConn10

Reaction Score
My bench is Mouring and Donny Marshall. Yours is Denham Brown and Gibbs. Not worried about my bench at all. You should hope that Thabeet doesn't get into any foul trouble because if Adrien has to guard Mek at all, you're in big big trouble
I was making more of a joke with the bench line. In reality if you are voting based on a bench your doing this fantasy draft wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think the combo of Kemba and Thabeet is hard to beat. Whereas David has a great front court both offensively and defensively, I don't think his back court can match the presence that Kemba brings. The best go to shot maker in program history mixed in with the most intimidating and statistically effective defensive player who has ever worn a Husky Jersey is tough to match.

Add in Purvis, Daniels for an athletic and capable 3pt shooting wing presence and Jeff Adrien for pure toughness and D, one of the most consistent double double guys we have had in years.

The combo of Walker and Thabeet is hard to beat if UConn basketball started in the 21st century.

These votes are ridiculous - this is like a 20 point game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's Walker playing 1-5. The idea that Thabeet is a better player than Okafor is so ridiculous on it's face it can't be taken seriously.

Reaction Score
I was making more of a joke with the bench line. In reality if you are voting based on a bench your doing this fantasy draft wrong.

Haha, not sure how I missed the sarcasm there. I actually kind of like having bench players and wouldn't mind doing a 13 round draft sometime. But I agree with you, when picking a team the starting lineup should have 10x the importance of the bench

BUConn10

Reaction Score
It's Walker playing 1-5. The idea that Thabeet is a better player than Okafor is so ridiculous on it's face it can't be taken seriously.
I've noticed you do this thing a lot where you get outraged at statements that were never made.

So please highlight or quote the part where I said Thabeet was a better player than Okafor. Seriously do it.

I just think my team is more athletic and would dominate in the open floor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've noticed you do this thing a lot where you get outraged at statements that were never made.

So please highlight or quote the part where I said Thabeet was a better player than Okafor. Seriously do it.

I just think my team is more athletic and would dominate in the open floor.

I'm not outraged you are just wrong.

Reaction Score
Pathetic reply.
If I were you I'd just be happy with the votes I'm getting because of recency bias. If they actually played this game, I'd consider it a great win if your team managed to lose by single digits.

LOL @ dominating in the open floor against a team with Nadav, Donny Marshall, Okafor, and Chris Smith. You have a starting shooting guard who can't even make layups.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pathetic reply.

Sorry it didn't meet your standards.

The combo of Walker and Thabeet is hard to beat? Not when the other team has Emeka Okafor.

Guys like Gibbs and Purvis wouldn't get on the floor for the great UConn teams.

Donny Marshall was more athletic than anyone you have and there isn't any point in posting about Henefeld. If you didn't witness it you'd never understand it.

To borrow a phrase from you if you pretend UConn didn't have a program before 2005 you are doing it wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hope we aren't the ones who upset Rodney.

Reaction Score
Both of these teams are good, and well thought-out, but I think @david's is stronger for two main reasons:

1) Variety of offensive threats. Kemba is really the only A+ offensive focal point for BUHusky's team, while David has Emeka & Smitty as go-to guys, plus Charlie V as a high-level third option
2) Passing. Tate, Smitty, Nadav, Charlie... that ball is gonna move. BUHusky's team is much more likely to get bogged down into a series of isos/post-dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom