2016 Commit #4 - Quayvon Skanes (WR/S) Chicago Illinois Senior Highlights | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #4 - Quayvon Skanes (WR/S) Chicago Illinois Senior Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Played QB all year due to injury - Team won Illinois State Championship. There are other threads on here detailing him if you search "Skanes".

Quayvon Skanes‏@Quayvon9
#9 Last highlights of my highschool career Check out my highlight

I have no idea what kind of competition he played against this year, but he screams return man. Seems to have a natural ability to make guys miss. That's a serious highlight reel.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Apparently, he just led his team to the first IL state championship ever won by a Chicago public school - while playing out-of-position.

Competition? Pffft. I'm just hoping this kid doesn't get poached before he signs his UConn LOI. Special, special player...

Reaction Score
Apparently, he just led his team to the first IL state championship ever won by a Chicago public school - while playing out-of-position.

Competition? Pffft. I'm just hoping this kid doesn't get poached before he signs his UConn LOI. Special, special player...
I'm not worried about level of competition, the kids had a tough enough time living where they do. Read the articles below. The program was almost extinct before the current head coach got there.

Skanes and his team are in the midst of a magical and historical run. Skanes seems to be a special player and a special kid. I love the addition of a leader like him. Switches to QB for his senior year and he has led his public league school to the state title game. Give this article a read: http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com...sational-quayvon-skanes-sends-phillips-state/

Here is another good read on the team and just how low their program was a handful of years ago. There are some similarities to recent struggles of Uconn.: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-football-haugh-spt-1120-20151119-column.html

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I have no idea what kind of competition he played against this year, but he screams return man. Seems to have a natural ability to make guys miss. That's a serious highlight reel.
Hah, I was thinking the same thing about kick returns. Tough to tell if he's got the lateral moment and stop/start of a college PR but his open field elusiveness and straightline speed will fit nicely with KR.

Reaction Score
huskypantz said:
Hah, I was thinking the same thing about kick returns. Tough to tell if he's got the lateral moment and stop/start of a college PR but his open field elusiveness and straightline speed will fit nicely with KR.

We so desparately need an upgrade in this area.

Reaction Score
JMick said:
Did you see Dixon's PR vs. Newtown? I think he shows a lot of promise as a returner as well

Yes, very good return. We need to solve our issues in this area.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This kid is for sure an RKG. This program needs kids like Skanes. Read this folks. If you have children or hope to one day, I think you all would be proud to have a son like Quayvon.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...prep-athlete-of-the-month-20151205-story.html

Bump, read the article.

This kid is most certainly destined for greatness even if it's not between the hashes. I love when a recruit, for any sport, falls in love with Storrs at first sight.

"Quayvon Skanes passed up Big Ten offers — Illinois and Northwestern among them — for a 900-mile trek east to Connecticut, where he hopes to major in engineering. Fenwick graduate and current UConn freshman cornerback Aaron Garland helped hook Skanes on the Huskies, but the facilities and scenery didn't hurt.

"Being from around here, you get used to this environment," Skanes said. "But out there, it was way different. Not being around the city, it just felt good. I saw trees."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom