2016 Bowl? | The Boneyard

2016 Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After yesterday loss I cancelled my Rose Bowl plans. But seriously Bob Diaco's job is on the line if UConn does not make a bowl game and actually win it.

Emotionally this team will find it difficult to get up for the next 2 home games but I believe if they don't win them it will be a losing season. Thoughts

Reaction Score
I have to agree. Not enough easy wins of the schedule. If we go 1-1 in the next two games, where are the next 4 wins coming from? Tulane might be the only obvious one. Not saying we can't go 6-6 or even better but I have a bad feeling the Navy loss will be the difference between 5-7 and 6-6.

Reaction Score
Only good sign is they have been competitive in both games, even if one was an FCS opponent. Coaching staff needs to improve in a few areas for them to make a bowl.

Reaction Score
Virginia is a must win game for Bowl eligibility. Syracuse is the reverse of Navy. They spread it out, run up tempo no huddle, throw a lot and then feed the RB all while having an athletic QB who can run. We will need to put up big points to win.

Reaction Score
Houston is certainly a monster challenge and a pivotal game. I'll go on record if they pull off a miracle win Thurs they will make a bowl game. If not they won't win the rest of the year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
only bowl UConn is seeing this offseason is Willi Bowl unfortunately

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Only bowl we will be seeing will be one that Willie Nelson fancies.

Have you ever heard the song "I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again"? Phenomenal stuff

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Our bowl chances were worse last year. It took a nearly intercepted halfback option pass against an undefeated team to barely make a bowl game. This years team is better and the remaiming schedule is easier.

The next there will be tough, if we win one though things will look a lot brighter.

Then we have 5 very winnable games, 3 of which, UCF, BC, and Tulane should be highly likely if Bob wants to keep his job. ECU and Temple are flips, but hardly difficult.

Bob needs to start next season looking like a contender if he wants to keep his job. It will be hard to do if he sits out bowl season.

Reaction Score
Problem is that at 2-5 there is very little margin for error and the way we play there is none. A victory in the next 3 makes it doable but that will be tough and While I agree that Temple has come back to earth somewhat I think both of your pick em games we will be underdogs. If we go 1-1 that will be good but it is by no means a sure thing. Of BC Tulane and UCF as of now maybe UCF is one we should win.

Reaction Score
Houston is certainly a monster challenge and a pivotal game. I'll go on record if they pull off a miracle win Thurs they will make a bowl game. If not they won't win the rest of the year.

Please stop. Losing to Houston has an effect on our odds of beating UCF, Tulane or BC? You're not that stupid. Troll.

Reaction Score
Please stop. Losing to Houston has an effect on our odds of beating UCF, Tulane or BC? You're not that stupid. Troll.

Not a troll. Just the way I feel. Its not so much the talent and ability UConn has, it will be the confidence level of the team. A win and confidence goes through the roof and a loss makes it real difficult to rebound.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Problem is that at 2-5 there is very little margin for error and the way we play there is none. A victory in the next 3 makes it doable but that will be tough and While I agree that Temple has come back to earth somewhat I think both of your pick em games we will be underdogs. If we go 1-1 that will be good but it is by no means a sure thing. Of BC Tulane and UCF as of now maybe UCF is one we should win.

2-5? They should be able to beat Cincinnati at home, who isn't all that. So 3-4 if they lose to USF, who isn't exactly dominanting either. Then every other game on the schedule is winable. The hardest of those is ECU on the road, but even if they lose that, they can win against UCF, Temple, BC and Tulane and go 7-5.

Maybe they choke. But it's not like anyone has dominated this UConn team to this point. The wounds are almost entirely self inflicted, and they should be 4-0.

Reaction Score
They will make the Cheerios Bowl. HCBD can milk that for another year.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just for reference, here are the potential AAC Bowl Tie-Ins for 2016:
  • Armed Forces Bowl (Navy) vs. Big 12
  • AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
  • Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
  • Marmot Boca Raton Bowl vs. Conference USA
  • Miami Beach Bowl vs. MAC
  • Military Bowl vs. ACC
  • Popeyes Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
  • St. Petersburg Bowl vs. ACC
The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with:
  • AutoZone Liberty
  • Camping World Independence

I still say we get to 6 wins and get a bid to the AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando. Would sure be a nice and easy trip to FL from CT for us fans! Never been to a bowl game yet, and really would love to get to my first in the town that Mickey built!

Reaction Score
Just for reference, here are the potential AAC Bowl Tie-Ins for 2016:
  • Armed Forces Bowl (Navy) vs. Big 12
  • AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
  • Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
  • Marmot Boca Raton Bowl vs. Conference USA
  • Miami Beach Bowl vs. MAC
  • Military Bowl vs. ACC
  • Popeyes Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
  • St. Petersburg Bowl vs. ACC
The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with:
  • AutoZone Liberty
  • Camping World Independence

I still say we get to 6 wins and get a bid to the AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando. Would sure be a nice and easy trip to FL from CT for us fans! Never been to a bowl game yet, and really would love to get to my first in the town that Mickey built!
From your lips to God's ears! Going to a Bowl Game, any Bowl Game is so important to the continued growth and positive momentum for this program. Exposure at a Bowl is important.....MOST IMPORTANT factor is additional 5-6 weeks of practice for the team.

Reaction Score
I mentioned to open this thread Diaco had to make a bowl game and actually win it. I believe now that this is impossible. Its time for benedict to FIND A WAY to stop this lunacy and find a new coach with a new direction. Benedict knows what to do, lets not kid ourselves, he comes from a league that has a short leash on coaches.

Get it done. We are losing what little fan base we have.

Reaction Score
I mentioned to open this thread Diaco had to make a bowl game and actually win it. I believe now that this is impossible. Its time for benedict to FIND A WAY to stop this lunacy and find a new coach with a new direction. Benedict knows what to do, lets not kid ourselves, he comes from a league that has a short leash on coaches.

Get it done. We are losing what little fan base we have.
If he knows what to do why did he give this guy an extension?

Reaction Score
That's water over the damn now. It seems to me he is hiding now because of that critical decision. He has to find a way to fire this guy and get a new coach on board. Another year of this buffoon will outright kill our fans if not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom