2015 | The Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
C7 will leave the BE in 2015. Im guessing there was too much money to walk away from leaving early. This keeps UL, RU, and ND in for another yearns well (since BE not dissolving). Time to get us situated SH and WM. go handle your business.

Reaction Score
RU,Ville and ND are required to stay through 2015 unless they work something out with the conference

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lots of stuff still to be determined. At least Aresco can go about getting a media contract and UConn, Cincy and USF along with the invites can see what they are worth.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If UConn's situation hasn't changed when we wake up on July 1, 2015 (unless, you know - Mayans)... well I'll be a lot of things but the point being there's still time to find us a home. Hopefully a B1G home.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all 3 of those will buyout early and pay more to leave asap

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
RU,Ville and ND are required to stay through 2015 unless they work something out with the conference

UConn's vote for early out starts at $5M...each. Nothing personal, just business unless we can count on your vote to join our new conference.

Maybe it's not $5m, the catholics can be bought much cheaper but, I hope you catch my drift Susan.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
all 3 of those will buyout early and pay more to leave asap

Maybe not. All 3 parties - the departing 3, C7 & the 4 leftovers - will have an incentive to move on to their new arrangements - new league line-ups and new TV contracts - in 2014. Dragging the divorce out will not benefit any party once they have things lined up.

Rutgers, Louisville & ND will pay a penatly as their decisions lead to the ultimate demise of the BE. But if the other teams are heading out the door as well - why pay for the privilege - just wait it out.

Just got to hope that Maryland gets out with a lower payout & the dominos continue to fall.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Maybe not. All 3 parties - the departing 3, C7 & the 4 leftovers - will have an incentive to move on to their new arrangements - new league line-ups and new TV contracts - in 2014. Dragging the divorce out will not benefit any party once they have things lined up.

Rutgers, Louisville & ND will pay a penatly as their decisions lead to the ultimate demise of the BE. But if the other teams are heading out the door as well - why pay for the privilege - just wait it out.

Just got to hope that Maryland gets out with a lower payout & the dominos continue to fall.

we have already heard coaches say they will be acc asap. why would nd agree to 5 acc fball games in 2014 if they were playing bball in the big east still? in 2014 not one of the fball schools will be here. once the c7 firgue out how many to expand to and which teams after stl/but/xav/day they will size up a tv contract with espn. they will leave a year early and negoatiate buying the big east name for a couple million in return that south florida eats somewhere else...

caw

Reaction Score

A conference that now only includes USF, Cincy and UConn.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
we have already heard coaches say they will be acc asap. why would nd agree to 5 acc fball games in 2014 if they were playing bball in the big east still? in 2014 not one of the fball schools will be here. once the c7 firgue out how many to expand to and which teams after stl/but/xav/day they will size up a tv contract with espn. they will leave a year early and negoatiate buying the big east name for a couple million in return that south florida eats **** somewhere else...

ND football schedule has not been reliant on their hoop schedule the past, why would it change in 2014?

Once the C7 finds confirms their new partners & TV deal, they will be looking to leave 2014. If I am Rutgers, Louisville or ND then I am waiting for them to call me to shorten departure date. I don't have to pay more if everyone else is leaving.

The C7 may buyout the BE name. It will be interesting to see what happens with MSG. I would be that they would not mind alternating B1G/ACC/BE every 3 or 4 years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ND football schedule has not been reliant on their hoop schedule the past, why would it change in 2014?

Once the C7 finds confirms their new partners & TV deal, they will be looking to leave 2014. If I am Rutgers, Louisville or ND then I am waiting for them to call me to shorten departure date. I don't have to pay more if everyone else is leaving.

The C7 may buyout the BE name. It will be interesting to see what happens with MSG. I would be that they would not mind alternating B1G/ACC/BE every 3 or 4 years.

lville lost to wvu in perception. they are dying to pull a wvu move asap so they don't lose thw whole war as they have lost 75% of it and the ad is all about blitz and show and not susbstance and smarts. they will pay becuase they have $ to leave.

nd's contract with the acc has 5 fball games with the conf written into it for the other sports joining. if nd has to play 5 fball games vs duke, bc and wake and crew in 2014, dont u think they would put the bball and other sports in the acc then by then? otherwise why agree to that? brey already spoiled your party anyway and tossed beans saying next year we will be acc. it will happen...

ruty will wait for md to handle things. 2014 sounds about right. thats year 3 under flood so they will be going into the b10 with either him building a monstr or flopping and its just GS's talent and bad game day x/o's. we shall see soon.

Reaction Score
the exit is 10M and 27 months right? people keep saying just wait.
but you still have to pay unless the conference dissolves. am i missing something?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They will each need to pay unless the conference dissolves. There also will be quite a bit of logistics involved in the destination conferences being able to accept some of these schools earlier than originally planned.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
we have already heard coaches say they will be acc asap. why would nd agree to 5 acc fball games in 2014 if they were playing bball in the big east still? in 2014 not one of the fball schools will be here. once the c7 firgue out how many to expand to and which teams after stl/but/xav/day they will size up a tv contract with espn. they will leave a year early and negoatiate buying the big east name for a couple million in return that south florida eats **** somewhere else...

Which coaches said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01