Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thephotodawg 6:05pm via Twitter for iPhone
At @UConnFootball awards show. Jorgensen auditorium @UConnHuskies#bowling
CV-vfhwXIAE37ur.jpg

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 6:09pm via Twitter for Android
The Joseph M. Giannelli Newcomer of the Year goes to @BryantShirreffs#work2win #UConnNation

The Most Improved Player of the Year goes to Junior Joseph

The Kendall Madison Award for Outstanding Power Player goes to Foley Fatukasi

The Brian Kozlowski Award for Outstanding Big Skill Player goes to Luke Carrezola

The Jasper T. Howard Award for Outstanding Skill Player goes to Jamar Summers

The Alumni Bleed Blue Award goes to Graham Stewart

The John L. Toner Scholar-Athlete is Justin Wain

The Look Team Player of the Year is Billy Williams

The Special Teams Player of the Year is @BobbyPuyol

The Offensive Player of the Year is Arkeel Newsome and Noel Thomas

The Defensive Player of the Year goes to Andrew Adams

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey Medic, it looks like Graham Stewart is in the pic. What award did he win?

Reaction Score
Billy Williams already making an impact... excited to see what he's going to do in this system for us next year since he's familiar with it already... I kinda envision him as an H-Back/TE hybrid for us... I know I know, it's way too early to speculate, but when he transferred to us from N. Iowa that video footage of a play he made on offense stuck. The YAC on that play makes you think of him as Delanie Walker type player, which would be huge for our offense.

Reaction Score
Football Awards Show Included A Little Teariness
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1212-20151211-story.html

>>The Iron Huskies Award - Senior linebacker Marquise Vann, Adams, Shirreffs, Stewart, senior defensive tackle Julian Campenni, junior offensive tackle Andreas Knappe, junior cornerback Jhavon Williams, senior long-snapper Dominick Manco and junior linebacker Omaine Stephens collected Iron Huskies Awards.<<

UConn's best of the best honored at banquet
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/12/uconns-best-of-best-honored-at-banquet.html

>>What is interesting is that of the 12 players honored, 10 of them are slated to be back next season.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I find it particularly interesting to see Billy Williams as scout team POY. Might be reading into it too much, but it suggests a couple things to me: 1) we're going to be stacked at TE next season, and perhaps Williams will be a receiving TE counterpart to Bloom/Myers as bigger blocking TEs. 2) What does this say about EJ Levenberry? Surely, I thought he would have been the best player on the scout team. Either Billy Williams has exceeded expectations or Levenberry isn't quite the four-star player he was projected as? Again, reading into this too much, but I just thought that it may have been indicative of something regarding Levenberry, who we've had minimal access to

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I find it particularly interesting to see Billy Williams as scout team POY. Might be reading into it too much, but it suggests a couple things to me: 1) we're going to be stacked at TE next season, and perhaps Williams will be a receiving TE counterpart to Bloom/Myers as bigger blocking TEs. 2) What does this say about EJ Levenberry? Surely, I thought he would have been the best player on the scout team. Either Billy Williams has exceeded expectations or Levenberry isn't quite the four-star player he was projected as? Again, reading into this too much, but I just thought that it may have been indicative of something regarding Levenberry, who we've had minimal access to

Levenberry was at one point a starter at FSU. I think he'll be fine. My gut instinct is that this is more a sign that Williams will be a big part of the offense next year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Levenberry was at one point a starter at FSU. I think he'll be fine. My gut instinct is that this is more a sign that Williams will be a big part of the offense next year.

I totally agree, but it did make me wonder. I think it's more of a good sign than a bad sign.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They should name all the awards after Kozlowski. So many great Koz stories.

I don't know if I've seen a hybrid DE/LB honored for being a skill player but it makes the award even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom