Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Obi shrank an inch?

Who is Tyrae Sims??

Reaction Score
Looks like we're taking a page out of TCU's book... kid's only 5'4 150 some odd pounds... but the TCU kid was like 4'9 I think...

I don't think all the heights and weights are updated.. probably won't see that stuff til the Fall

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
Looks like we're taking a page out of TCU's book... kid's only 5'4 150 some odd pounds... but the TCU kid was like 4'9 I think... I don't think all the heights and weights are updated.. probably won't see that stuff til the Fall

Good. My son is bigger than that. He has 2 years to make the roster lol

Reaction Score
No freshmen redshirted which is probably a first for any FBS school. My guess is that at least half of this year's class gets redshirted.

Reaction Score
That's not accurate. Off the top of my head Oak, Lawley, Atkins, and Watkins took a RS.

According to the roster, there is only one RS frosh, Sims. Could be a Diaco thing that he doesn't like to list RS frosh that way.

Reaction Score
The weights have not been updated on spring roster. Wanted to see how much bigger the players got since last season and checked 5-6 starters weights on 2014 roster vs. 2015 spring roster and all were the same. Hope they post them before spring ball so we can who has developed size wise in off season program.

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/02/uconns-spring-roster-is-up.html

>>Freshman quarterback Tyler Davis, who is currently enrolled and will be able to take part in spring drills, will wear No. 9 and the only other addition I saw was walk-on receiver Tyrae Sims.

There are some walk-ons no longer listed on the roster - kickers Chase Briley and Andrew Paluch, cornerback Nyrell Moore from West Haven, offensive lineman Samuel Murphy and linebacker Alex Gallae<<

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ma/worcester/burncoat-high-school/tyrae-sims

Hit "Athletics" tab... assuming a preferred walk-on.

He was a UConn student last year.

RKG right here. Kid was so bought in to the team, he joined it.

http://articles.courant.com/2014-08...140828_1_bob-diaco-uconn-football-a-pep-rally

UConn freshman Tyrae Sims, one of hundreds of students in attendance, said he's excited to usher in the Diaco era.

"I think UConn football this year has a chance to do something we haven't done in a very long time," Sims said. "The buzz is crazy right now."

Reaction Score
See Hashemi still listed at tight end. I am really hoping he can contribute this year. We need tow find a couple tight ends who can block. Last year, there were zero. Tommy Myers has to take the next step this year. He oozes athleticism, but the results were just not there.

Reaction Score
Looks like they just added and removed players -- no updates other than that.

Reaction Score
Looks like it was just updated last night or today as old weights were listed. Interesting about Walsh, seems like a good athlete and with Clax starting gives him a chance to get on the field and make an impact, think it is a good move.

Reaction Score
Is Shirrefs 6'1" or 6'3"? J. Joseph changed his # to 11, Hashemi back to OL with some added weight, Lawley back to DL with some added weight and I believe Ormsby went from DL-LB if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction Score
From looking at last year's roster on ESPN vs. spring roster looks like Balis did good job getting the team bigger. About 2/3rd's of the players are heavier and probably some who lost weight Fakusaki (9 lbs) and Shirreffs (17) were probably designed weight losses for quickness. If my count is right looks like 16 guys gained more than 10 pounds and they were at positions where more size was needed (tight end, D line and O line). At tight end Bloom gained 26 and Myers 12, Lensender 17, and Mcquillen also gained 8. On D line Lawley gained 25, Marian 22, Adeyemi 19 and Myers 14 (going to be hard to run up middle with him and Campenni). On O line Bockeloh and Nwokjei gained 14, Crozier 12, and Knappe and Hopkins gained 10, also some other linemen gained8,9 pounds. Assuming it is managed and wanted weight gain looks like did nice job of beefing up the line to run the ball. Couple of other changes to note, Stapleton who is quick but was undersized gained 20 pounds, and Thomas and Lucas who are tall lanky receivers gained a little needed weight. Looks like Balis is doing his part, hope everyone else does their jobs and it translates to better performance on the field

Reaction Score
Is Shirrefs 6'1" or 6'3"?

Depends on which school's stat line you believe! Looks like he lost weight--and height--since Balis got a hold of him--lol.

UCONN
4 Bryant Shirreffs
Class:RS Sophomore
Hometown:Jefferson, Ga.
High School:Jefferson
Last College:North Carolina State
Height / Weight:6-1 / 216
Position:Quarterback

NC STATE
14 Bryant Shirreffs
Class:Junior
Hometown:Jefferson,Ga.
High School:Jefferson
Height / Weight:6-3 / 223
Position:QB
View attachment 8524
image.jpg
image.jpg

"NC State's system is changing to more of a drop-back style," Shirreffs said. "I can play that, I played that in high school, but as far as my best quarterbacking, it would be in a spread style where I can move around."

That speaks to Diaco wanting him to reduce weight. As for his height.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As if we needed any more evidence of what those clowns did to this program, Nwokeji is now 6-6 301 lbs. I feel bad for a kid like this who played under a staff who was derelict in their duties to develop these kids. Probably too late for a kid like Nwokeji to crack the lineup as a RS Sr. Just unbelievable. Every time I see something like it feels like I'm sliding down a razor blade into a pool of rubbing alcohol.

Reaction Score
See Hashemi still listed at tight end. I am really hoping he can contribute this year. We need tow find a couple tight ends who can block. Last year, there were zero. Tommy Myers has to take the next step this year. He oozes athleticism, but the results were just not there.
Your hunch was correct. The new roster lists him at OL. He is 271 on the new roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom