2015 Spaniards class | The Boneyard

2015 Spaniards class

Reaction Score
Remember the 2015 class with the two Spain players ranked in the top 5 HG -
Cecelia Zandalasini #4 and Angela Salvadores at #5? Well the best college player of them all turned out to be unranked 3 star Marte Cazorla. She has started all 108 games in her first 3 years at Oregon and played stellar. What a player.

Reaction Score
Cecelia Zandalasini #4 and Angela Salvadores at #5? Well the best college player of them all turned out to be unranked 3 star Marte Cazorla. She has started all 108 games in her first 3 years at Oregon and played stellar. What a player.
Zandalsini is from Italy and she is above and beyond better than Cazorla regardless of position.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Salvadores? I remember seeing her tear up the U.S. team in some international competition. Seem to remember her 1 year at Duke was somewhat lackluster. I'm sure she's been playing professionally since, don't think she's popped up in the WNBA so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cazorla gets overshadowed by Ionescu, but she's had a fine career at UO. I believe she's currently the school career assists leader, but Sabrina will shatter that if she stays 4 years.

Oops, my bad. Cazorla is currently #2 at UO w/ 526 assists. Should move to #1 easily this season, current record is 607. But Ionescu already has 481 in only 2 seasons, she could be pushing for 1,000 as a Sr.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Salvadores? I remember seeing her tear up the U.S. team in some international competition. Seem to remember her 1 year at Duke was somewhat lackluster. I'm sure she's been playing professionally since, don't think she's popped up in the WNBA so far.

She plays (or at least did last year) for the Hungarian club Sopron. They were the runners-up in last year's Euroleague. Salvadores was one of their key bench players. She was their second-leading scorer with 16 points in their semifinal win over Yakin Dogu (which was a loaded team with McBride, Vandersloot, Lavender).

Overall her stats were not that great (sub-40% shooting) but being a rotation player on one of the best Euroleague teams at 21 is pretty impressive.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That was a pretty loaded Spanish squad and Cazorla has been the best collegiate “so far”. In addition to Cazorla 6 other players from that squad played college ball in the US. 1) Iris JUNIO has just enrolled at Arizona State University. 2) Angela SALVADORES played at Duke for 1 season. 3) Cecilia MUHATE is playing at Ole Miss. 4) Maria CONDE is playing at Florida State along with 5) Iho LOPEZ. 6) Naira CACERES played at Butler.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Look for the Spanish guards in Tenerife. They, along with Australia, will be our toughest competition. I assume that Anna Cruz will be playing as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was a pretty loaded Spanish squad and Cazorla has been the best collegiate “so far”. In addition to Cazorla 6 other players from that squad played college ball in the US. 1) Iris JUNIO has just enrolled at Arizona State University. 2) Angela SALVADORES played at Duke for 1 season. 3) Cecilia MUHATE is playing at Ole Miss. 4) Maria CONDE is playing at Florida State along with 5) Iho LOPEZ. 6) Naira CACERES played at Butler.

One correction.... Conde left FSU after the 2017 season... her sophomore year.

Reaction Score
It’s the return of Sammy Prahalis to Ohio St, except it looks like she plays some defense too. I’ll be keeping an eye on her in the Big 10.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It’s the return of Sammy Prahalis to Ohio St, except it looks like she plays some defense too. I’ll be keeping an eye on her in the Big 10.
Was she a top-100 recruit in high school?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh, tOSU is travelling to Seattle to play UW this year. That could be fun to go see Grande do her thing.

Reaction Score
Look for the Spanish guards in Tenerife. They, along with Australia, will be our toughest competition. I assume that Anna Cruz will be playing as well.

I will watch for Belgium in the World Cup. Emma Meeseman, one of the best young forwards in the league, took off the entire WNBA season to train for this tournament.

Washington's Emma Meesseman to Miss 2018 WNBA Season - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA