2015 Recruits - Stat Tracker | The Boneyard

2015 Recruits - Stat Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams - Brewster Academy Schedule

Preview from New England Recruiting Report

2. Brewster Academy
There’s no denying the defending AAA and National Prep champions the most talented team on paper with seven prospects who are already committed to high-major programs, but getting all of those new faces to come together and learn to share the ball is no easy task, especially when virtually all of them are used to being the primary offensive weapon on the floor. The Bobcats loaded with talent at every spot on the floor but the backcourt is especially noteworthy, and perhaps the best we’ve seen in the prep ranks in a long time with Jalen Adams, Donovan Mitchell, Justin Simon, and David Crisp.

NERR/CoxHub Preseason Player of the Year – Jalen Adams, Brewster Academy

First a disclaimer, we don’t expect Adams to lead Brewster in scoring this year. He may be the most gifted scorer in New England but playing with so much talent around him for the first time, Adams will likely act as more of a versatile playmaker and continue to prove his ability to create for those around him, as he did this summer. There’s little doubt though that when the game is on the line the ball will be in his hands. He’s simply too hard to stop and too proven in those big moments after repeatedly coming through for Cushing Academy in recent seasons. If he can lead Brewster to a championship, he’s the odds on favorite to win the NEPSAC’s highest honor.
Brewster has played three games so far, two of which were this past weekend at the New Hampshire Prep Classic. Their first game was against Redemption Christian Academy, and Jalen had 14 points and 5 steals in 18 minutes. For a recap of the New Hampshire Prep Classic, check out this post from @alfonse.

Next game is 11/19 against Spire Institute.​
--------------------------------

Steven Enoch - St. Thomas More Schedule

Preview from New England Recruiting Report

4. St. Thomas More
Their backcourt is full of depth, quickness, and talent, but there aren’t nearly as many bodies up front. Style of play will be critical for the Chancellors this year as they’ll need to dictate tempo against notably bigger teams like NMH, New Hampton, and Bridgton among others. UConn commit Steve Enoch will get his first consistent taste of high level competition and he’ll need to make a quick adjustment if STM hopes to make a run come February and March.
St. Thomas More has played two games so far.

First game:
@GavinKeefe: Future Husky Steven Enoch with 10 points and eight rebounds in St. Thomas More's 95-71 win over Rise Academy
Second game:
St. Thomas More 80, Jean-de-Brebeauf 52
MONTVILLE — Ryan Funk scored 24 points, including six 3-pointers, and the Chancellors won their second straight to begin the season. Steven Enoch had 10 points and six rebounds for St. Thomas More (2-0).​
Next game is 11/19 against Redemption Christian Academy.​

--------------------------------

From Dave Borges on upcoming games for both recruits at the 2014 National Prep Showcase Nov. 21-23 (Albertus Magnus College in New Haven):

Friday, November 21st
3:30p.m. ELEV-8 Academy (FL) vs. St. Thomas More (CT)

Saturday, November 22nd
9:30a.m. St. Thomas More (CT) vs. Fork Union Military Academy (VA)
4:30p.m. Brewster Academy (NH) vs. St. John’s NW Military Academy (WI)

Sunday, November 23rd
10:00a.m. Coastal Academy (NJ) vs. Brewster Academy (NH)

Reaction Score
Brewster and STM play each other twice. I believe the first game is at STM on 12/7.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Love the 10 and 8 considering Enoch's lack of experience at this level of competition.

Reaction Score
Brewster beat Spire Academy yesterday 115-54 and Jalen was one of six players to score in double figures, with 10 points.

Reaction Score
PH-111909999.jpg&Maxw=583

UConn commit honing skills at St. Thomas More: http://edit.norwichbulletin.com/article/20141119/SPORTS/141119466/10290/SPORTS

But Quinn will be the first to tell you that Enoch still has some maturing to do. That was on display in the game on Wednesday. That dunk was just one of three baskets on the night for Enoch (seven points, four rebounds, one block) who was in foul trouble for much of the game.

“He’s a young kid, hasn’t played a lot of basketball,” Quinn said. “Last year was his first on a high school varsity team in Connecticut, and now, he’s playing in the most competitive undergraduate league in the country. He’s 100 percent a work in progress who likes to work. He’s going to give himself a chance.”
----------------------
While it may not have been the senior’s best game, he displayed his versatility late. With 4 minutes, 50 seconds left in the contest, Taplan drove the lane while Enoch drifted outside. As the three frontcourt players converged on Taplan, he kicked it out to Enoch who drained the open 3-pointer.

“When you first see me, another player won’t expect that coming from me, but that’s what I’ve been working on — shooting, (ball)handling and being an all-around threat,” Enoch said.

Reaction Score
2014 NATIONAL PREP SHOWCASE PREVIEW - http://www.coxhub.com/articles/2014-national-prep-showcase-preview

Elev-8 vs. St. Thomas More – Friday 3:30pm

On paper Elev-8 is one of the most talented teams in the country and under the leadership of first year head coach Chad Myers there’s no doubt they’ll be among the national contenders come March, but the season is still young and so they’ll have their hands full with one of the most legendary prep coaches in the country, Jere Quinn, and his Chancellors. This game will be a major challenge for UConn bound big man Steven Enoch, who will go blow-for-blow with former Maryland signee and future Auburn big man Trayvon Reed. St. Thomas More has a deep and talented perimeter rotation, many of whom are still unsigned, and so they’ll have the opportunity to prove themselves going up against the likes of Kobie Eubanks (Baylor) and J.T. Escobar (Ole Miss). Also local fans will want to keep an eye out for future URI forward Leroy Butts.

Brewster vs. St. John’s Military – Saturday 4:30pm

The defending national champions will return to the court at Albertus Magnus College to take on St. John’s of Wisconsin on Saturday morning and the cameras will be rolling to check-out the nation’s best backcourt with Jalen Adams (UConn), Justin Simon (Arizona), Donovan Mitchell (Louisville), and David Crisp (Washington). While the lineup is undeniably loaded it will be a continuing process for that many talented playmakers to learn to share the ball and adjust to new roles and St. John’s will try to capitalize on that behind DePaul-bound 6’8” forward Raymond Doby and Old Dominion-bound 6’1” guard Ahmad Carver.

Reaction Score
“@jeffborzello: Hasn't been a great weekend so far for Steven Enoch. Seven points and two boards yesterday, one point today.”

“@jeffborzello: Steven Enoch: one point and two rebounds in 19 minutes. Struggling a bit this season.”

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams with 14 points and 5 rebounds

@n_eavenson: 5th game on Saturday. #NPS http://post original url/YuDcKffdNc

Reaction Score
Isn't Enoch also coming off a summer injury?
I think so, but not sure if there are any lingering effects.

This might have been posted in another thread, but I'll throw it in here too:

Left Wanting More:
Steven Enoch, 6’8”, PF, St. Thomas Moore, 2015, UCONN
Talented big man Steven Enoch blew up in the spring and summer and didn’t take long committing to his hometown UConn Huskies once the offer came. In his early afternoon game, Enoch started the game with a pretty three from the right wing. Showing good body control and agility it looked like Enoch was set to dominate throughout the game. Unfortunately foul trouble and a shortness of breath hampered his ability. Not in tip top shape, Enoch was forced to come out for continuous breathers when he wasn’t in foul trouble. He certainly has the size and skill to dominate, but Enoch did not perform up to his high potential on Friday. He’ll have another shot as St. Thomas Moore has the first game of the morning on Saturday.​

Reaction Score
I think so, but not sure if there are any lingering effects.

This might have been posted in another thread, but I'll throw it in here too:

Left Wanting More:
Steven Enoch, 6’8”, PF, St. Thomas Moore, 2015, UCONN
Talented big man Steven Enoch blew up in the spring and summer and didn’t take long committing to his hometown UConn Huskies once the offer came. In his early afternoon game, Enoch started the game with a pretty three from the right wing. Showing good body control and agility it looked like Enoch was set to dominate throughout the game. Unfortunately foul trouble and a shortness of breath hampered his ability. Not in tip top shape, Enoch was forced to come out for continuous breathers when he wasn’t in foul trouble. He certainly has the size and skill to dominate, but Enoch did not perform up to his high potential on Friday. He’ll have another shot as St. Thomas Moore has the first game of the morning on Saturday.​

I'm also concerned about how he's apparently shrunk two inches.

Reaction Score
The Bobcats improved to 7-0 on the season with a 85-59 road-win over Holderness. Brewster withstood an early barrage of made three-pointers by the hosts (8 in the opening half) to lead 47-32 at halftime. A balanced Brewster attack was led by Wisconsin-signee Alex Illikainen (Grand Rapids, MN) with 18 points, including 4 three-pointers, as well as a team-high 9 rebounds. UConn-bound Jalen Adams (Roxbury, MA) contributed 17 points, 7 assists, and 7 rebounds, while Arizona-signee Justin Simon (Temecula, CA) added 10 points.
----------------------
Jalen Adams is playing Steven Enoch's team this Sunday.

Reaction Score
The Bobcats improved to 7-0 on the season with a 85-59 road-win over Holderness. Brewster withstood an early barrage of made three-pointers by the hosts (8 in the opening half) to lead 47-32 at halftime. A balanced Brewster attack was led by Wisconsin-signee Alex Illikainen (Grand Rapids, MN) with 18 points, including 4 three-pointers, as well as a team-high 9 rebounds. UConn-bound Jalen Adams (Roxbury, MA) contributed 17 points, 7 assists, and 7 rebounds, while Arizona-signee Justin Simon (Temecula, CA) added 10 points.
----------------------
Jalen Adams is playing Steven Enoch's team this Sunday.

Brewster is like a high school all star team. Anything above 10-3-3 seems like it would be impressive to me judging by the above box score.

Reaction Score
I know 99 just posted stats in a different thread, but I'm gonna throw some of the Adams and Enoch stuff in here, too:

Dom Amore‏@AmoreCourant
Steve Enoch had 11 points, 5 rebounds. He's 17 playing vs older kids and getting better. Coaches here love work ethic. #UConn

Dom Amore‏@AmoreCourant
Jalen Adams scored 20 in Brewster win at St Thomas More. Very fast, very dynamic, plays with a LOT of fire. #UConn

Reaction Score
Some game updates on Jalen Adams:

12/10/2014 - The prep basketball team improved to 9-0 on the season (2-0 in NEPSAC Class AAA play) with a 64-42 win over visiting New Hampton School. Brewster was led by UConn-bound Jalen Adams (Roxbury, MA) with 20 points and 4 assists.

12/13/2014 - The prep basketball team captured the championship of the Trey Whitfield Invitational with a 84-72 win over a well-coached Notre Dame Prep team. Brewster jumped out to a 20+ lead early in the game and went into halftime with a 17 point lead. Notre Dame Prep clawed it's way back into the game late in the second half, cutting the deficit to 7 points on multiple occasions. The Bobcats held on by hitting key free-throws down the stretch. Arizona-signee Justin Simon (Temecula, CA) had a team-high 20 points, including a pair of three-pointers, while UConn-bound Jalen Adams (Roxbury, MA) contributed 18 points.

Reaction Score
Sean Hoehn had 12 points, five rebounds and four assists in St. Thomas More's 77-57 loss to Bridgton Academy. UConn commit Steve Enoch had 10 points and seven rebounds while Sterling Taplin added eight points, four rebounds and four assists for Chancellors

Reaction Score
I know this is a much higher level of competition than he's used to, but how concerned should I be about Enoch's pedestrian numbers?

Reaction Score
I know this is a much higher level of competition than he's used to, but how concerned should I be about Enoch's pedestrian numbers?

Enoch, s ranking is based on a few aau games last summer where he was hot..he is very very raw

Reaction Score
Not sure if you read the linked article above, but here are some of the quotes from his current coach:

"He's relatively new to the world of competitive basketball," said St. Thomas More coach Jere Quinn. "Two years ago he was playing for a JV team. Last year, he's playing on a high school team in Connecticut. He's learning how to compete, he's learning who he is as a player, what position. … He doesn't really understand how big he is."

"He can make some shots," Quinn said. "His hands are good. His feet have to get better, his body has to get stronger. Honestly, this is the best thing in the world for him because he just needs to play and play and play and play and play. He's a young kid who hasn't played a lot. He just turned 17, and it's 100 percent development for any 17-year-old."

And here's Enoch on Enoch:

"Coach Quinn is a great coach," Enoch said. "I'm gaining a lot of knowledge of how to play the game. I have to get in better shape. I've been through some rough games, not grabbing enough rebounds, any rebounds at all, getting in foul trouble. Mental lapses that I went through, it's been kind of difficult development process. I see I can run better now. … Prep school is so much different than high school. You're going against the best out there on the floor."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So we shouldn't be expecting a major contribution from him as a freshman, is the impression I'm getting. Provided everyone comes back, or perhaps we add another big, that's probably fine. I just would like to see him put up a few big games against serious competition this season.

Reaction Score
So we shouldn't be expecting a major contribution from him as a freshman, is the impression I'm getting. Provided everyone comes back, or perhaps we add another big, that's probably fine. I just would like to see him put up a few big games against serious competition this season.

It is all a guessing game. But from what I heard he has a long way before he will contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom