2015 Commit #? Ben Hartwick | The Boneyard

2015 Commit #? Ben Hartwick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Caught this in the local paper. Don't know much about him, but, he has good size for a TE and he was being recruited by both Rutgers and Penn St. I will check him out in the fall as Mahwah is just up the street from me and I think they play the local high school here. ( I have lost track of who plays who in HS football as NJ just went to 5 football divisions and re-grouped schools based on attendance).

H.S. football: Mahwah's Ben Hartwick accepts Connecticut offer

June 17, 2014 Last updated: Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 1:21 AM

The Record
Ben Hartwick of Mahwah, who projects as one of the top tight ends in North Jersey this fall, has accepted a scholarship to the University of Connecticut.
Rutgers and Penn State also were courting the 6-foot-6, 230-pounder, but the Huskies were the first to offer. Hartwick, who has great hands and is quick for his size, made some big plays for the Thunderbirds last season, even though he was banged up a little.
"He just went there for a visit and loved it," said Mahwah coach Jeff Remo. "It's a great fit for him because Ben is more of a tight end/wide receiver type, and in their offense, they like to slash the tight end out."

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
By attendance I hope you mean grouped by school population size?? Similar to what CT does? (Sorry, it's off topic but I'm from NJ originally and just curious what my state is doing!)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's, I did not look past page 1, my bad.

Eh, it happens. The verbals have been flying in so fast lately it's tough to keep track! Nothing but good news for UCONN.

Reaction Score
By attendance I hope you mean grouped by school population size?? Similar to what CT does? (Sorry, it's off topic but I'm from NJ originally and just curious what my state is doing!)

I assume you know that the Catholics and the Publics have separate play-offs as that has been going on for a while now. The big re-org in 2009 created 'super conferences.' The one I am familiar with the Big North, which includes 41 schools from Bergen, and Passaic counties. The conference is then divided into 7 divisions (6 for football as not all schools play football) based on attendance. Attendance numbers are reviewed every 3 or so years and schools are moved within the Big North as needed. Plus, on top of that, NJ recently moved from 4 playoff groups based on attendance (the Catholics have 2 separate groups) to 5 for football (all other sports remain at 4). Thus, I have lost track.

Reaction Score
Damn this is so exciting. BD is getting after it! Ben welcome aboard and hold on tight, this program is about to light things up.

THC

Reaction Score
Damn this is so exciting. BD is getting after it! Ben welcome aboard and hold on tight, this program is about to light things up.
What kind of things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek