2015-2016 UConn Season Prediction Thread | The Boneyard

2015-2016 UConn Season Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok time to place your markers. This is a very interesting team, what you think?

I think that the parts fit very well, giving us an enviable mix of senior leadership and young talent. Our roles seems to be clearly defined and we have some breakout potential from a few players(Purvis, JCDH, Adams).

We should start off well, and I have us upsetting Maryland in NYC early, then dominating the majority of our league schedule.

26-5 regular season, ranked between #5-10,

That should have us winning the AAC, and I see us winning the Conference Tourney, particularly with SMU suspended.

29-5, 3 seed in NCAA Tourney.

As a 3 seed, I think we should easily make it into the sweet 16. Given how wide-open this year of College BBall is, I think we reach the Elite 8.

So that would mean 32-6 overall record.

Reaction Score
I think I like most what Seth Davis recently said - we didn't just get better, we got older, too. Having the luxury of a veteran-laden starting lineup, along with a deep bench, will pay massive dividends throughout the season.

Super-homerific regular season record prediction: 27-4

Here's my stab at the regular season schedule:
W - Maine
W - UNH
W - Furman
W - Michigan
W - Syracuse
W - Gonzaga
W - Sacred Heart
L - Maryland
W - Ohio State
W - UMass-Lowell
W - CCSU
W - @ Texas
W - @ Tulane
W - Temple
W - Memphis
L - @ Tulsa
W - @ Houston (finally)
W - Tulane
W - Georgetown
W - Cincinnati
W - @ UCF
W - @ Memphis
W - ECU
W - @ Temple
W - Tulsa
W - SMU
L - @ Cincinnati
W - @ USF
W - Houston
L - @ SMU
W - UCF
Make the AAC tournament championship game, but lose to Cincinnati: 29-5

Make the Final Four as a #3 seed: 33-6

Reaction Score
I think I like most what Seth Davis recently said - we didn't just get better, we got older, too. Having the luxury of a veteran-laden starting lineup, along with a deep bench, will pay massive dividends throughout the season.

Super-homerific regular season record prediction: 27-4

Here's my stab at the regular season schedule:
W - Maine
W - UNH
W - Furman
W - Michigan
W - Syracuse
W - Gonzaga
W - Sacred Heart
L - Maryland
W - Ohio State
W - UMass-Lowell
W - CCSU
W - @ Texas
W - @ Tulane
W - Temple
W - Memphis
L - @ Tulsa
W - @ Houston (finally)
W - Tulane
W - Georgetown
W - Cincinnati
W - @ UCF
W - @ Memphis
W - ECU
W - @ Temple
W - Tulsa
W - SMU
L - @ Cincinnati
W - @ USF
W - Houston
L - @ SMU
W - UCF
Make the AAC tournament championship game, but lose to Cincinnati: 29-5

Make the Final Four as a #3 seed: 33-6

This is loser talk. 40-0, national champs. End of conversation.

Reaction Score
38-2 with a loss to UNH early in the season and then again in the national title.

Reaction Score
Following tcf's formula for game-by-game predictions, ending up with a record of 25-6 in the regular season:

W - Maine
W - UNH
W - Furman
L - Michigan (not prepared for top competition after exhibitions and 3 cupcakes)
W - Charlotte
W - A&M
W - Sacred Heart
L - Maryland (we play tough, but just too much talent for Maryland -- similar to early-season matchups against Duke and UK (non-Maui) in years past)
W - Ohio State
W - UMass-Lowell
W - CCSU
W - @ Texas
W - @ Tulane
L - Temple (wtf home loss in early January)
W - Memphis
L - @ Tulsa (takes most of January to get the chemistry/roles down, after which we roll through conference play)
W - @ Houston
W - Tulane
W - Georgetown
W - Cincinnati
W - @ UCF
W - @ Memphis
W - ECU
W - @ Temple
W - Tulsa
L - SMU (don't see us solving the Larry Brown hex)
W - @ Cincinnati
W - @ USF
W - Houston
L - @ SMU
W - UCF
Make the AAC tournament championship game, but lose to Cincinnati (agree with tcf on this): 27-7

Because of our loss to Michigan, we end up with 0-0.5 quality wins in Atlantis (as opposed to as many as 3), which stunts our RPI. Combined with the AAC bias, we're the #7 seed that every #2 seed dreads.

By March, we largely have our s*** together, and with SMU (this year's version of 2014 Louisville) out of the tournament, we claw our way to the Elite 8 before succumbing to #1 seed Kentucky, in Louisville.

Reaction Score
I like the realistic predictions, they help keep me sane. That being said, we win Atlantis, win against MD, before finally losing at Texas and then at Cincy and at SMU in the AAC. 28-3 (16-2), ranked No.8 in the country going into the conference tourney, which we will also win and lock up a 2 seed. Then, we beat NJIT and Butler in Providence before heading... out west. In Anaheim, we will beat San Diego St. in the sweet 16 and then pound Duke in the Elite 8. On to Houston, where we knock around MD in a rematch and then defeat Kentucky in the final for our 5th ring. Calipari then retires due to the shame of being beaten by UConn yet another time, never to be seen again.
A kid can dream a little big, right? Besides, why not us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc