2014 SG Khadeen Carrington Article | The Boneyard

2014 SG Khadeen Carrington Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=5995
Currently, Carrington lists offers from Southern Methodist, Connecticut, St. John’s, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Florida State and West Virginia, among others. With a wide-spread skill-set and high-motor, Carrington envisions competing for a program who’s tempo is fast-paced and mentions UConn and Cincinnati as two programs who stand out.

Reaction Score
I'd take him

I would absolutely take him. He's not as highly regarded as Hill or some of the other kids the staff is going after, but he looks to be a solid scoring guard. I think Rivals has him in their top 100. It's also important to keep actively recruiting in NYC. We have the scholarships open...

Reaction Score
Agree. There will most likely be 5-6 scholarships available assuming no one transfers. I'm going to assume we don't get 3-4 more 5 star players. So getting another New York guard that could turn out to be a very good player would be nice.

Reaction Score
Somebody said he can't shoot it made me think of Gerald Coleman from Oriakhis travel team, is this accurate?

Isnt he More of a slasher? I want both, Ben Gordon part deux.

I do not follow recruiting much anymore so correct my inaccuracies. I just don't like slasher twos

Reaction Score
Somebody said he can't shoot it made me think of Gerald Coleman from Oriakhis travel team, is this accurate?

Isnt he More of a slasher? I want both, Ben Gordon part deux.

I do not follow recruiting much anymore so correct my inaccuracies. I just don't like slasher twos

He can definitely shoot, nothing at all like Coleman.

C

Chief00

Something about Carrington I really like. I think he really competes. I think he is a guy who can be a good solid scorer. He finds a way to put the ball in the basket. He can get to the line.

Reaction Score
While playing alongside back-court mate, Mike Williams, Carrington poured in a team-high 25 points per game while scoring in a various fashions.
Coming into EYBL’s Session #3 this past weekend in Dallas, Texas, Carrington was averaging a modest 11.1 points per game. In four games, the south-paw guard lit up defenses in the Lone Star State, averaging 17.8 points per game on the weekend.

Absolutely, lets take him! Can never have enough scorers! I love how gritty and grimy those NYC kids play. They always shock national competition. I remember going against a team from New York at a tourney in LA. I also played against Brandon Jennings and Demar Derozan in that tourney. Yeah I got dunked on...a lot :). Anyway, my team ended up winning it (we were really good) but those kids from NYC were the toughest group of players I ever went up against. The vibe and energy they put off was just lethal. I love when Uconn gets NYC players. We only won by like 4 points against them and it was the championship game. I mean they flew all the way from NYC to play us in Cali. I guarantee if we flew to their neighborhood they would have had their way with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom