2014 SG Ahmed Hill ESPN Update | The Boneyard

2014 SG Ahmed Hill ESPN Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncbrecruitingnational&id=5588

Some things that I found interesting or good about him:
-Has 3.1 gpa
-Already sored over 2,000 pts in HS career
-Averaging 33pts and 13rbs a game
-He studies NBA players in how to get better
-Jeremy Lamb first player mentioned
-Said he was smooth, long, athletic, and can shoot
-Also mentioned Russel Westbrook and Rudy Gay
-UConn, Indiana, Texas, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, Marquette, Kansas, NC State and Alabama are schools in mix and all have offered
-Plans to make officials after his HS season
-Wants coach to be a father figure to him
-Wants school to have great fan base and feel like a family

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As always thanks for the update!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncbrecruitingnational&id=5588

Some things that I found interesting or good about him:
-Has 3.1 gpa
-Already sored over 2,000 pts in HS career
-Averaging 33pts and 13rbs a game
-He studies NBA players in how to get better
-Jeremy Lamb first player mentioned
-Said he was smooth, long, athletic, and can shoot
-Also mentioned Russel Westbrook and Rudy Gay
-UConn, Indiana, Texas, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, Marquette, Kansas, NC State and Alabama are schools in mix and all have offered
-Plans to make officials after his HS season
-Wants coach to be a father figure to him
-Wants school to have great fan base and feel like a family

real nice job 3. it freaking pains me that were going to have almost no slots next yar now. but wtf can ya do...hope e land him and a local or 2.

Reaction Score
Dan, what nonsense are you talking about that we will have almost no slots to fill?

Reaction Score
real nice job 3. it freaking pains me that were going to have almost no slots next yar now. but wtf can ya do...hope e land him and a local or 2.

This post makes me question whether you have even a rudimentary understanding of such fundamental concepts as the Gregorian calendar or how we keep track of what year it is.

I'll explain something quickly: the "class of 2014" in the context of recruiting refers to those high school players who will be graduating in 2014. If you look at the UConn roster, you'll notice a "JR" after several players names. Without going into any complicated calculations, I'll shorthand it for you by telling you that those players will also be graduating - this time from college - in 2014. Therefore, Dan, the scholarships they had been using will now be available. Boom. See how that works? Amazing, right?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
This post makes me question whether you have even a rudimentary understanding of such fundamental concepts as the Gregorian calendar or how we keep track of what year it is.

I'll explain something quickly: the "class of 2014" in the context of recruiting refers to those high school players who will be graduating in 2014. If you look at the UConn roster, you'll notice a "JR" after several players names. Without going into any complicated calculations, I'll shorthand it for you by telling you that those players will also be graduating - this time from college - in 2014. Therefore, Dan, the scholarships they had been using will now be available. Boom. See how that works? Amazing, right?
lmao

Reaction Score
I think Dan may be off his meds lately, as it stands we should have 5 or 6 scholarships for 2014.

Reaction Score

Not to mention, even if Dan was confused and talking about the class in 2013, he's proclaimed in other threads that Napier and Wolf are 100% gone, which would mean we'd have slots to fill in that class anyway.

I've stopped trying to read the Conference Realignment Board entirely because of him, and now he's ruining this board too. This is no good.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

I think Dan may be off his meds lately, as it stands we should have 5 or 6 scholarships for 2014.
Seriously Dan? 2014 will be a monster class. 4-5 slots open

here are 2 more frucking smart asz ppl who think they know whats going on and dont. really guys? were going to have that many ships to gice for 2014? wrong and that was my point. ppl here have no clue whats going on. every single one of u has blue glasses on and is a lost puppy but yet u continue to get at me becuase u have no freaking idea what u are talking about.

bazz is going pro. its a done deal. very few here will listen and the ones that also know this are quiet about it and laughing at all u fools. last year i at one point tipped a few here of wolf leaving. he was 75% out the door just figuring out some small thing. he had uri on lock and 1 or 2 others close to offering also. when we lost the 2 transfers, the team and ko convinced wolf to stay and he did becuase he saw a chance at pt. with what happened this past week no matter how guilty or inocent he is he will not be staying here.

here is the issue that u all are bling 2 but love to play smart tuff guys about. we came into this class looking for 4 guys with possibly a 5th. the plan was if bazz does go to give allen the sip once again and then take it away from him next class so we could load up. but now with wolf going we have another hole. thats hurts big time. why? we got 3 of the 4 ship slots filled and were looking for 1 more guard to fill. besides about 3 guards, we have spent 99% of our recruiting time all on 2014 kids. we have basically checked out of 2013 recruiting. but now we have a huge issue. without wolf all we have is olander, nolan and leon next year. thats not even close to cutting it in big boy bball. we now need to land a 3rd big guy in this class and it if all possible needs to be a juco. so we now need to more players for this class. we now have to completely shift gears and go back to the 2013 trail hard and its going to hurt the 2014 momentum we had(which was huge). we had about 5 different 2014 kids very very high on uconn and now we need to take a few steps back to 2013 kids. the other issue is the 2013 class is almost all picked thru already, very few good prospects left and those mostly we are not in on any more. we are in very tuff shape and the staff is feeling it big time. there is fear that we may be a nice 5 or 6 man team next year but with less depth then this year which will cause us to wear out quick in BE play.
see this?
13-14
1-a 2013 big guy recruit
2-a 2014 guard recruit
3-samuel(fr)-g
4-facey(fr)-pf
5-brimah(fr)-c
6-leon(so)-pf/sf
7-nolan(so)-pf
8-omar(so)-sg
9-boat(jr)-pg
10-dd(jr)-sf
11-allen(jr)-pg
12-gif(sr)-sf
13-olander(sr)-pf/c

what ens up happening is this. we end up with 2 sr's and allen on ship. are we really going to yank allens ship his sr year after having him on it for 2 years? not sure. dire times...we have 2 or 3 slots now for 2014 instead of 4 or 5. 2014 is loaded with kids and tons of them are high on uconn. now were crunching slots. see the issue???? we just got backed in a hole. we have to fill ships with bodys in 2013 becuase its dire what the roster would be without 2 more kids, but those 2 adds are not going to be game changing recruits. 2014 kids are all studs KO is ion on, and now we can't land as many as we 1st thought.

but all of you mother fruckrs who keep laughing it up can't understand like this becuase its way over your dumb asz heads. keep laughing it up. blue glasses, rainbows unicrons and the whole 9 yards. this board loves to get after me, but the truth is no matter how much u may hate that i dont give a dam about the shift key, im way frucking ahead of u with shi*. now go let this sink and and understand whats going on. the wolf issue is more damaging then u think. its sad for what it is, but it also is going to hurt us next year. it will me a german miracle to see him on this campus may 20th.

next year we will have a starting 5 of boat-omar-dd-facey-to. thats a good 5. not the best but can play with just about anyone in the country. gif off the bench is a good 6th man. tell me where your going from there? the staff knows and sees this also and is scrambling more then u could ever believe trying to get there hands on someone. if they dont get anyone soon and this draws out, its going to be ugly.

lmao

its funny when dumb ppl make jokes that then actually mess the math up with, then ever more dumb asz ppl then laugh at. u both look likes frucking fools to those who know whats going on. enjoy yucking it up. u both are special needs prosters.

Reaction Score
BrowserPreview_tmp.gif

here are 2 more frucking smart asz ppl who think they know whats going on and dont. really guys? were going to have that many ships to gice for 2014? wrong and that was my point. ppl here have no clue whats going on. every single one of u has blue glasses on and is a lost puppy but yet u continue to get at me becuase u have no freaking idea what u are talking about.

bazz is going pro. its a done deal. very few here will listen and the ones that also know this are quiet about it and laughing at all u fools. last year i at one point tipped a few here of wolf leaving. he was 75% out the door just figuring out some small thing. he had uri on lock and 1 or 2 others close to offering also. when we lost the 2 transfers, the team and ko convinced wolf to stay and he did becuase he saw a chance at pt. with what happened this past week no matter how guilty or inocent he is he will not be staying here.

here is the issue that u all are bling 2 but love to play smart tuff guys about. we came into this class looking for 4 guys with possibly a 5th. the plan was if bazz does go to give allen the sip once again and then take it away from him next class so we could load up. but now with wolf going we have another hole. thats hurts big time. why? we got 3 of the 4 ship slots filled and were looking for 1 more guard to fill. besides about 3 guards, we have spent 99% of our recruiting time all on 2014 kids. we have basically checked out of 2013 recruiting. but now we have a huge issue. without wolf all we have is olander, nolan and leon next year. thats not even close to cutting it in big boy bball. we now need to land a 3rd big guy in this class and it if all possible needs to be a juco. so we now need to more players for this class. we now have to completely shift gears and go back to the 2013 trail hard and its going to hurt the 2014 momentum we had(which was huge). we had about 5 different 2014 kids very very high on uconn and now we need to take a few steps back to 2013 kids. the other issue is the 2013 class is almost all picked thru already, very few good prospects left and those mostly we are not in on any more. we are in very tuff shape and the staff is feeling it big time. there is fear that we may be a nice 5 or 6 man team next year but with less depth then this year which will cause us to wear out quick in BE play.
see this?
13-14
1-a 2013 big guy recruit
2-a 2014 guard recruit
3-samuel(fr)-g
4-facey(fr)-pf
5-brimah(fr)-c
6-leon(so)-pf/sf
7-nolan(so)-pf
8-omar(so)-sg
9-boat(jr)-pg
10-dd(jr)-sf
11-allen(jr)-pg
12-gif(sr)-sf
13-olander(sr)-pf/c

what ens up happening is this. we end up with 2 sr's and allen on ship. are we really going to yank allens ship his sr year after having him on it for 2 years? not sure. dire times...we have 2 or 3 slots now for 2014 instead of 4 or 5. 2014 is loaded with kids and tons of them are high on uconn. now were crunching slots. see the issue???? we just got backed in a hole. we have to fill ships with bodys in 2013 becuase its dire what the roster would be without 2 more kids, but those 2 adds are not going to be game changing recruits. 2014 kids are all studs KO is ion on, and now we can't land as many as we 1st thought.

but all of you mother fruckrs who keep laughing it up can't understand like this becuase its way over your dumb asz heads. keep laughing it up. blue glasses, rainbows unicrons and the whole 9 yards. this board loves to get after me, but the truth is no matter how much u may hate that i dont give a dam about the shift key, im way frucking ahead of u with shi*. now go let this sink and and understand whats going on. the wolf issue is more damaging then u think. its sad for what it is, but it also is going to hurt us next year. it will me a german miracle to see him on this campus may 20th.

next year we will have a starting 5 of boat-omar-dd-facey-to. thats a good 5. not the best but can play with just about anyone in the country. gif off the bench is a good 6th man. tell me where your going from there? the staff knows and sees this also and is scrambling more then u could ever believe trying to get there hands on someone. if they dont get anyone soon and this draws out, its going to be ugly.

its funny when dumb ppl make jokes that then actually mess the math up with, then ever more dumb asz ppl then laugh at. u both look likes frucking fools to those who know whats going on. enjoy yucking it up. u both are special needs prosters.

Reaction Score
Dan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reaction Score
Dan, you just wasted a bunch of time posting utter nonsense. If you really think we will only have a couple of scholarships to hand out in '14 then I don't know what to tell you other then you are wrong.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
u just ruined that movie for me. congrats. both to u and the guy who made a post of a pic above u. u both just got told with substance what was going on and becuase neother of u can come back with anything u result to funny guy posts. its ok, the smart ppl here that know whats going on are laughing at u becuase u have no frucking clue.

Reaction Score
Just because you tell someone what you post is of substance doesn't make it so.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, you just wasted a bunch of time posting utter nonsense. If you really think we will only have a couple of scholarships to hand out in '14 then I don't know what to tell you other then you are wrong.

prove it. u and everyone else love to throw stones then none of u come with any substance. do out the roster with years etcv and then tell me what u see. it amazes me how many idiots we have here. it truly does. i used to love this board becuase i read a couple ppls game reviews and recruiting stuff. now i trade pms with ppl that matter and just go ham here becuase this board is now full of ioiots that i question can do simple math with both hands. its un real what has happened to this fanbase. just a complete collaspe. we have tards posting here and we can't fill the xl for a game. its 50% the ath dept sucks and 50% losers here who have no clue. just freaking amazing. no wonder i can't find a good dog mania review or 99 update any more. its just amazing. fishy should shut this place down before the eo board makes this place look bad. holy crap.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just because you tell someone what you post is of substance doesn't make it so.

i replied with a roster breakdown. all u clows replied with what? just no's and finger pointing and waving. is this how u respond to issues in real life? get real. u came back with nothing becuase i proved all u fools wrong. keep pooping on each other. i think ppl here think im a troll now becuase u are all in lala land. u have no clue whats right or wrong becuase the ath dept has led u down a road of question to the point where u have no clue.

D

Deleted member 3149

u just ruined that movie for me. congrats. both to u and the guy who made a post of a pic above u. u both just got told with substance what was going on and becuase neother of u can come back with anything u result to funny guy posts. its ok, the smart ppl here that know whats going on are laughing at u becuase u have no frucking clue.
I agree with what you're saying. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if bazz comes back. Calhoun is gonna be in his ear about staying.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
edit to my op-#2 slot is supose to be 2013 not 2014. typo that may confuse someone but not a pecial posters above...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I agree with what you're saying. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if bazz comes back. Calhoun is gonna be in his ear about staying.

glad someone else here sees the issue. thanks for speaking up. the clowns here are gathering in herds trying to act like all is well. bazz is gone. omar and bazz are friends but nothing more. omar can't wait to play the 2 and not the 3 next year. if u ment JC, he has done a lot to make sure bazz gets drafted in the 1st this draft. his connections are a big reason why he will be around in more than just a john thompson role. JC and bazz are like family, very tight. JC knows whats best for bazz and is helping him achieve his dream.

Reaction Score
Prove what? Prove that you are talking out of your butt when you say you know that Shabazz and Wolf won't be on the team next year, prove how idiotic it is that you think Brendan Allen will be on scholarship the next two years. There are so many ridiculous things you said and I don't have the time to pick apart all of the nonsense. I like your passion but you are getting way to whiny and just because you create these scenarios on your head it doesn't make them even close to factual.

D

Deleted member 3149

I
glad someone else here sees the issue. thanks for speaking up. the clowns here are gathering in herds trying to act like all is well. bazz is gone. omar and bazz are friends but nothing more. omar can't wait to play the 2 and not the 3 next year. if u ment JC, he has done a lot to make sure bazz gets drafted in the 1st this draft. his connections are a big reason why he will be around in more than just a john thompson role. JC and bazz are like family, very tight. JC knows whats best for bazz and is helping him achieve his dream.
I meant Jc, not Omar haha. But yea, I mean it all does make sense. As much as nobody wants to admit it, we may be in some trouble. Just gotta hope that we get players like Omar and Boat step up next year. It was dumb of us to take filler players like Leon and Phil Nolan, but I guess we had no choice. Waste of scholarships IMO. The people on here that think that wouldn't bite us in the ass are out of their minds.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Prove what? Prove that you are talking out of your butt when you say you know that Shabazz and Wolf won't be on the team next year, prove how idiotic it is that you think Brendan Allen will be on scholarship the next two years. There are so many ridiculous things you said and I don't have the time to pick apart all of the nonsense. I like your passion but you are getting way to whiny and just because you create these scenarios on your head it doesn't make them even close to factual.

u dont have the time to prove me wrong? sound slike a real great excuse for some one posting here....get real.

Reaction Score
I
I meant Jc, not Omar haha. But yea, I mean it all does make sense. As much as nobody wants to admit it, we may be in some trouble. Just gotta hope that we get players like Omar and Boat step up next year. It was dumb of us to take filler players like Leon and Phil Nolan, but I guess we had no choice. Waste of scholarships IMO. The people on here that think that wouldn't bite us in the ass are out of their minds.

Yea, it would've been very smart to field a team with just 8 scholarship players.

D

Deleted member 3149

u dont have the time to prove me wrong? sound slike a real great excuse for some one posting here....get real.
You think we're just gonna tell Brendan Allen to go screw? Once you have a scholarship, you don't exactly have it stripped from you. Especially if you're a good kid who doesn't cause any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom