2014 Season Tickets go on sale Tuesday - January 7th! | The Boneyard

2014 Season Tickets go on sale Tuesday - January 7th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
14 Football Season Ticket Order.jpg

Reaction Score
Not a bad home slate. Another 7 game home schedule is good also.

Love that perk about running through the tunnel with the team for BYU opener.

Reaction Score
So home games v BYU, Boise, Stony Brook OOC, and UCF, Cinci, Houston, and 1 more AAC team (prob not USF, Memphis since they were home l.y., so one of SMU, Temple, ECU, Tulane, and not sure when Tulsa joins but maybe them).

Reaction Score
Don't think we've had back to back 7 game home schedules since The Rent opened.

Reaction Score
. How we gonna pull off 7 wins with that schedule ?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just hope we gon't get 2 home games after Thanksgiving again.

Reaction Score
Yes, most northern teams hate that potential home field advantage if a TX or FL team has to come up here and play in the cold. I am sure Bills fans sit there saying " boy I hope the dolphins don't have to come up here in Dec, that would be awful". We live in CT...after today's temp I'll pretty much take any weather from last season. But let's see if Diaco wears short sleeves for a Late Nov home game.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score

Will the AAC have a conference championship game this year?
Once that happens our schedule moves up a week - one less bye in October & one less home game post Thanksgiving. With the exception of those years we are hosting the AAC Championship.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, most northern teams hate that potential home field advantage if a TX or FL team has to come up here and play in the cold. I am sure Bills fans sit there saying " boy I hope the dolphins don't have to come up here in Dec, that would be awful". We live in CT...after today's temp I'll pretty much take any weather from last season. But let's see if Diaco wears short sleeves for a Late Nov home game.

You don't have season tickets, do you?

Reaction Score
You don't have season tickets, do you?
Have always had four of 'em...and despite the PP driven temptation, never threatened to get rid of them. Friday Nov 8th vs. UL was far and away the worst (and yes I am not ashamed to say I left that one early), so you never know.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Once that happens our schedule moves up a week - one less bye in October & one less home game post Thanksgiving. With the exception of those years we are hosting the AAC Championship.
That won't happen until Navy joins following the 2014 season. We'll only have 11 members for 2014 so there won't be any divisions.

Reaction Score
Based on this years showing the Thanksgiving weekend game is an attendence blackhole especially when it comes to the students.

Reaction Score
Odds-on they stay the same.

Yeah that was my thought, too. Hard to believe they'd go any cheaper, and the product on the field certainly isn't good enough to charge more. The Diaco hire definitely helped, but I don't think you can jump up prices speculatively.

Reaction Score
Seeing as there are 4 out of conference games on the 2014 and 2015 schedules each, it would seem that we're going with an 8 game conference scheduling arrangement, at least until Navy arrives. (4 home, 4 away)

2014 we have BYU, Stony Brook, and Boise St at home to open the season in 3 consecutive weeks. We play at Yankee Stadium vs. Army on first Sat of November it looks like (not sure if this is our home game or not - or if will be included in ticket pkgs - find out tomorrow I guess). Those are our 4 out of conference games.

I just tried to reason out as best I can what our home/away conference schedule might look like, but it's confusing as hell. Too many variables.

Here's what I can figure out that makes sense:

100% certainty
#1. We will play Houston, either home or away, because we did not play in 2013.
#2. USF, and Memphis - if scheduled - will not be home games (were home games in 2013)
#3. Louisville and University of New Jersey are gone, and would have been away games in the rotation if scheduled.
#4. Cincinnati, SMU, UCF and Temple - if scheduled - will be HOME games.

Complete guess #1:
Two of ECU, Tulsa or Tulane will take Louisville and New Jersey scheduling slots.

Complete guess #2:
Regionally paired programs are not supposed to be scheduled to both be playing home / away every year (i.e - we should not get UCF or USF both at home, or both away every year, and same with Houston/SMU, etc.)

So with what I can determine to be true, and some assumptions: I come up with the following for our AAC schedule:

Nothing. I'm sure there is a master schedule somewhere that makes sense, but there are way too many moving pieces to figure out right now.

Reaction Score
We play at Yankee Stadium vs. Army on first Sat of November it looks like (not sure if this is our home game or not - or if will be included in ticket pkgs - find out tomorrow I guess). Those are our 4 out of conference games.

The game @ Yankee Stadium is an Army HOME game. Army also plays @ Yale Bowl last weekend in September.

Reaction Score
Seeing as there are 4 out of conference games on the 2014 and 2015 schedules each, it would seem that we're going with an 8 game conference scheduling arrangement, at least until Navy arrives. (4 home, 4 away)

2014 we have BYU, Stony Brook, and Boise St at home to open the season in 3 consecutive weeks. We play at Yankee Stadium vs. Army on first Sat of November it looks like (not sure if this is our home game or not - or if will be included in ticket pkgs - find out tomorrow I guess). Those are our 4 out of conference games.

I just tried to reason out as best I can what our home/away conference schedule might look like, but it's confusing as hell. Too many variables.

Here's what I can figure out that makes sense:

100% certainty
#1. We will play Houston, either home or away, because we did not play in 2013.
#2. USF, and Memphis - if scheduled - will not be home games (were home games in 2013)
#3. Louisville and University of New Jersey are gone, and would have been away games in the rotation if scheduled.
#4. Cincinnati, SMU, UCF and Temple - if scheduled - will be HOME games.

Complete guess #1:
Two of ECU, Tulsa or Tulane will take Louisville and New Jersey scheduling slots.

Complete guess #2:
Regionally paired programs are not supposed to be scheduled to both be playing home / away every year (i.e - we should not get UCF or USF both at home, or both away every year, and same with Houston/SMU, etc.)

So with what I can determine to be true, and some assumptions: I come up with the following for our AAC schedule:

Nothing. I'm sure there is a master schedule somewhere that makes sense, but there are way too many moving pieces to figure out right now.

At the bottom of the ad it says 7 home games including Boise, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston. We know we have Stony Brook. So its pretty much just a question of which 'new team' we get to round out the home schedule

Reaction Score
The game @ Yankee Stadium is an Army HOME game. Army also plays @ Yale Bowl last weekend in September.

Really now, that screws my predictions up even more. LOL.

So that makes the home schedule:

BYU, Stony Brook, Boise St, and then a conference lineup of Houston, UCF, Cincinnati and one of (SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa or ECU)

If we get Tulane or ECU - it's actually going to be a pretty difficult home schedule given that most of the teams we play will have been bowl teams in 2013.

Reaction Score
At the bottom of the ad it says 7 home games including Boise, BYU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston. We know we have Stony Brook. So its pretty much just a question of which 'new team' we get to round out the home schedule

I was trying to figure out the away too. My guess is USF and Memphis + 2 of (ECU, Tulane or Tulsa).

Reaction Score
Really now, that screws my predictions up even more. LOL.

So that makes the home schedule:

BYU, Stony Brook, Boise St, and then a conference lineup of Houston, UCF, Cincinnati and one of (SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa or ECU)

If we get Tulane or ECU - it's actually going to be a pretty difficult home schedule given that most of the teams we play will have been bowl teams in 2013.

"Somebody" in Greenville has supposedly seen ECU's schedule and is it said to have UConn as a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom