2014 New Recruit Daniel Oak | The Boneyard

2014 New Recruit Daniel Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Siranni, who has been at Ft. Myers for nearly three decades and had sent players to Florida State and Miami and had four Division I signees in 2013 said that Oak is on a short list of the best players he has ever coached and had he been 6-5 instead of 6-3 he would have been drawing more interest from the premier programs".

Welcome Mr. Oak. Can't think of a better name for an offensive lineman.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Jim fuller

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com

2014 Daniel Oak, Fort Meyers, FL Offensive guard recruited as potential center.

Based on what his coach says, he sounds like a great pickup for us.

Seems like Diaco is making the Oline a priority NOW so they can get in the weight room NOW.

Maybe he figures he can get the playmakers and other guys who don't need as much time before they see the field next year.

Reaction Score
I thought it was very interesting that Coach Diaco anticipates him playing center. What a great idea for someone like Daniel Oak who is an excellent player and student but not quite big enough for some of the other line positions! And showing again that we can recruit Florida.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This pleases me. Need more OL competition.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like the highlights. Welcome Dan!

Reaction Score
Based on what his coach says, he sounds like a great pickup for us.

Seems like Diaco is making the Oline a priority NOW so they can get in the weight room NOW.

Maybe he figures he can get the playmakers and other guys who don't need as much time before they see the field next year.

Absolutely and I love it. He's bringing in some real good looking O-Line prospects and I think the last 4-5 years have shown just how valuable O-Line play is. I don't care how good the QB, RBs, and WRs are. If there is not time to throw and no running lanes, the offense is going to be terrible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Get the basics out of the way. Great name for a linemen, even better for a center.

Secondly, keep this in mind about any Florida recruit. None of the national, regional or state recruiting services can accurately assess every good player in Florida. There are so many good players that they can only rate/rank some of them. If a kid is a late bloomer, plays in a smaller region, has switched positions, etc. then the recruiting services can't accurately give them "stars" that they deserve.

When assessing these kids, you have to look at the level of competition on the team and in the leagues they play. Every day these kids are practicing, playing, scrimmaging and camping against D1 talent.

Coaches will come to see one player and leave with notes on 3-4 players and they hold that info close to the vest.

When I hear we're recruiting linemen who have started multiple seasons from Ft. Myers and from Lauderdale, I'm very happy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Liked this at the end of the Runway Ramblings article linked above.

"He's going to be a really good player for them," Sirianni said. "It was a perfect storm. I have known Coach Diaco for more than 20 years, going back to his days at Eastern Michigan and I know he is in good hands."

Oak played basketball for a couple of years at Fort Myers and is also a standout in the shot put and discus for the track team.

He will sign his letter of intent around 7 a.m. on Wednesday at the school before faxing it over to UConn before taking part in a press conference with the local media after school.

He joined Crozier as members of the Florida 7A second team All-State team.

Reaction Score
Welcome Mr. Oak! Diaco is cleaning up in Florida.

Reaction Score
I guess I am surprised by the push for OLine guys who are going to take a few years before they're on the field. Maybe this has more names coming. I thought a new coach would try for experienced guys who can play next fall. Not necessarily JUCO. But, I do note the NJ kids are all 5th year Prep.

Reaction Score
I guess I am surprised by the push for OLine guys who are going to take a few years before they're on the field. Maybe this has more names coming. I thought a new coach would try for experienced guys who can play next fall. Not necessarily JUCO. But, I do note the NJ kids are all 5th year Prep.

I'm quite happy that we didn't go the quick fixer upper route. We will be very young on the OL this fall, as well as the DL, but moving forward, when you look at our spring roster, it's pretty clear that the gaps that existed in the depth chart dating back 4-5 recruiting classes now, are going to be gone moving forward, the program under Pasqualoni started fixing it, and Diaco has come in, and slam dunked it.

The recruiting gaps that Edsall created were not in the skill positions, as it was led to be believed in the papers - it was in the lines. Those gaps were created by a 2 year period of under-recruiting for the OL and DL. We lost players for various reasons that were recruited for the OL and DL back then, but that's not an excuse - there is always attrition. The next recruiting class that graduates 100%, to my knowledge, will be the first, but football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage, and we're building our depth charts back up for it.

Reaction Score
It's great that we are now recruiting Naples/Ft Myers. There is a lot of talent there and much of it ends up at smaller football schools than UConn. If anyone on the board has the staff's ear, tell them to give Wesley Docsol at Immokalee
High School a call. He's another under recruited beast. I think he has an offer from Miss St but not much else. 6'3" 300.

Reaction Score
I love this pickup and don't really understand why you need to be 6'5 or taller to play OG. If you have the strength and mobility you can also keep low enought to get leverage and give your QB a better sightline I would think.

Anyhow, Welcome Mr. Oak!!! Excited about our new linemen.

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
Shows him at 265. Hoophound says 300. Maybe in between but when he builds up a little more his agressiveness could find him a spot in the middle.

Wesley Docsol from immokalee is 300lbs, not Oak.

Reaction Score
Watching his film, love his feet. He is the most athletic of the recent OL that have joined the Huskies under Diaco. Based on his highlights, he definitely projects as a starter sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
"Siranni, who has been at Ft. Myers for nearly three decades and had sent players to Florida State and Miami and had four Division I signees in 2013 said that Oak is on a short list of the best players he has ever coached and had he been 6-5 instead of 6-3 he would have been drawing more interest from the premier programs".

Welcome Mr. Oak. Can't think of a better name for an offensive lineman.
Centers are very vital on the offensive line and it sounds like we got a good one. Remember how when petrus left it was felt. Its starts with leadership on the center position. This may be one of the biggest gets Diaco has gotten so far. Welcome to the Huskies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom