5. Ferris State vs. 12. Colgate

Conference Breakdown
Hockey East: 5 teams
ECAC: 3 teams
NCHC: 3 teams
WCHA: 2 teams
Big Ten: 2 teams
Atlantic: 1 team

After a dominating Hockey East tournament, UMass-Lowell are definite national title contenders. Going to be a great game against Boston College to see who goes to the Frozen Four if they win there first round games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lowell was definitely better than I expected them to be in that game. they might be peaking at the right time, or maybe learning to play at a championship level. Going to be fun to see these teams come to Hartford next year.

Reaction Score
Lowell's a pesky bunch, but they dominated a bad team in the HE finals, UNH was really not a good team this year. Their win over ND in the semis was impressive. I would be concerned about some big game chokes - as they did in the Frozen Four last year, and whether York can get BC on track after a few bad games in a row. Talent-wise, BC should steamroll Lowell, but they've not been playing well of late.

Reaction Score
I'll be close to the ice in Bridgeport. This should be a fun weekend. Will be cheering for QU but I won't be surprised if Union wins.

Reaction Score
I still like Boston College to win it all. One question mark is their freshman goalie, Demko, even though he has had a terrific season. For the game 3 against Notre Dame he seemed a little unsettled.

Reaction Score
Not too inspiring a group for Bridgeport, but 4 schools close enough for good attendance.

Reaction Score
Not too inspiring a group for Bridgeport, but 4 schools close enough for good attendance.
I have to say, this regional has been a LOT of fun. Union is #1 in the USCHO.com poll and DOMINATED Vermont. QU played a completely sloppy offensive game, just trying to throw the puck at the goalie with no real aim, while Providence took determined aims at the goal, and their shots went in. Providence played a very, very good game. It really went to show the magnitude of what UConn hockey accomplished this season. I'd take the win against Providence over the AHA title.

Providence vs Union tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
West Regional (St. Paul, MN)
1. Minnesota vs. 16. Robert Morris
8. Notre Dame vs. 9. St. Cloud State

Northeast Regional (Worcester, MA)
2. Boston College vs. 15. Denver
7. UMass-Lowell vs. 10. Minnesota State

East Regional (Bridgeport, CT)
3. Union vs. 14. Vermont
6. Quinnipiac vs. 11. Providence

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati, OH)
4. Wisconsin vs. 14. North Dakota
5. Ferris State vs. 12. Colgate

Conference Breakdown
Hockey East: 5 teams
ECAC: 3 teams
NCHC: 3 teams
WCHA: 2 teams
Big Ten: 2 teams
Atlantic: 1 team

After a dominating Hockey East tournament, UMass-Lowell are definite national title contenders. Going to be a great game against Boston College to see who goes to the Frozen Four if they win there first round games.

Can't wait until I hear UConn and Ice Hockey tournament in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
After attending Bridgeport this weekend and seeing them against Yale, I am really impressed with Union. They are a really talented team. Union is not the biggest team but they have great team speed throughout the roster and it seems all their passes are tape to tape. After Providence dominated Quinnipiac the day before, I thought Providence had a real shot to give Union a good game. Even though Union was up 2-0, it seemed as though it was 5-0. Even when Providence scored to make it 2-1 late in the third, Union quickly made it 3-1. Union can play with anyone in the country.

Robert Morris lost to Minnesota, 7-3.

Boston College vs. UMass-Lowell tomorrow. The two best teams Hockey East has to offer. Number one goal scoring team in the nation vs. Number one goals against average in the nation. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak