2014 National Prep Showcase | The Boneyard

2014 National Prep Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jared Wilson-Frame transferred to Notre Dame Prep, along with Chris Baldwin. I believe we've had some interest in both of those guys in the past.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yea im a big fan of wilson frame. Last time I saw him he was bullying the competition

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Wilson frame doing his usual thing. Slashing and bullying in the lane. Also just hit a step back had the defender on the rocker. Lots of hype from rivals on chris Baldwin*, good size and potential.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Here's a recap. Waters had a big day, as did a bunch of other UConn targets.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that Steve Enoch has been invisible this weekend.

Anyone with more details?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is this open access? Is there an admission fee? It looks like I could head over there 10am Sunday to see Brewster Academy. Nursing a cold, otherwise I'd go today. No wait, if I weren't in bed, I'd be in Trumbull caring for grandkids.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that Steve Enoch has been invisible this weekend.

Anyone with more details?

He is raw and is a work in progress. He just turned 17 and while his upside is huge, it will take him a while to get there. Gotta love the summer comments where posters penciled him in to start his freshman year ahead of Facey.

Reaction Score
weird that Enoch didn't even get a mention. Wonder if he's injured.
I heard he only had 1 point in 1 game. And 5 points in another game. STM is winning big, however.

Reaction Score
The CT schools seemed to have a really good day. Specifically, STM and Putnam considering they beat Elev-8 and IMG respectively. I'm always skeptical of "schools" like Elev-8 and IMG academically, but their talent is usually undeniable.

Reaction Score
Jared Wilson-Frame said Wichita State is his leader and he is visiting them in December.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Jared Wilson-Frame said Wichita State is his leader and he is visiting them in December.
Interesting. I know he has a reputation as a headcase, but... damn, the kid can shoot, and it sure wouldn't hurt us to have another big, strong perimeter option. Especially if Hamilton keeps playing like a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I know he has a reputation as a headcase, but... damn, the kid can shoot, and it sure wouldn't hurt us to have another big, strong perimeter option. Especially if Hamilton keeps playing like a lottery pick.

Hamilton is playing pretty good but he's not a lottery pick yet!

How big is Frame? He's not very big at all from what I heard, physically yes, height no. Size of a guard and handles it like a PF/C. Only hearsay but not sure he's a Husky type!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hamilton is playing pretty good but he's not a lottery pick yet!

How big is Frame? He's not very big at all from what I heard, physically yes, height no. Size of a guard and handles it like a PF/C. Only hearsay but not sure he's a Husky type!
Heard the same thing. He's like a good size for a high school 4 but will be a 2 in college. A lot like Heron. Which is probably why we're not really involved. Ollie and staff don't typically like those types of players. Although that was the same knock on D-Wade so ya never really know.

Reaction Score
I have seen Wilson-Frame play in person. Very, very well built kid. Sees the floor very well and has great passing ability. He is a handful to guard because of his strength. Interesting player in that he has the build of a 4, height of a 2, and pretty decent point guard skills. Not sure if he is a real UConn target, but he will be a good D1 ballplayer.

Reaction Score
I don't know too many power forwards or centers who handle the ball that well.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
6-foot-5, 225 by one service; 6-foot-4, 190 by another.

Looks like he plays big and not fast, and definitely below the rim. Pure Jared Dudley type. I'd be ok with that if the ship has sailed on our other wing targets.

Reactions: caw

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I would def consider Wilson Frame a 2 but I could just be used to watching ballers on the tube. Jared couldve taken the game over in my opinion just as Adams could of but I think they both played very relaxed and let the game come to them.... Adams is athletic as hell, handle is amazing, and stroke looks great but I really only saw him shoot in warm ups. I never got to see Enoch besides when I walked by him with my neck tilted fully back from his size...Uconn should make him into something special... I talked to a guy who watched his games and said he didnt really show up but also said his minutes were limited to only playing first halfs etc....Overall I am really excited about both these recruits...

PS: Syracuse commit was awful

Reaction Score
Was at am game featuring adams. Did not have one of his better games...lacked a little energy as compared to some of his teammates. Scored approx 10 points but many came when game decided. He plays on virtually an all star team so can't imagine he is going to have that many games where he scores 20+. Donovan Mitchell a Louisville recruit was a little more impressive and aggressive throughout the game.

Still think jalen is a heck of an athlete but 10:00 start time is odd and like I said there are 8 or so high level div 1 recruits on his team. Would not worry too much it was just one game but that is what I saw.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Frame isn't that good. He's a physical specimen, but he really has no dribble and bullies his way to the rim against high school competition. Kid can stroke it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom