2014 LJ Peak | The Boneyard

2014 LJ Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was in an article that I just read about him:

Peak listed a laundry list of schools that include Florida State, Georgetown, Ohio State, Marquette, UConn, Florida, Baylor, Clemson, Maryland, Tennessee, VCU, NC State, LSU, DePaul, Providence, Illinois, Louisville and Michigan State on his college list. He obviously hasn’t trimmed his list to date, but he did name Florida State and UConn as schools that stand out above the pack. He mentioned both FSU and UConn’s respective coaching staffs as the reason for their leading position in his recruitment and plans to take visits to both places after his AAU season with the CP3 All-Stars is finished.

Peak is only getting better and from what I have seen I REALLY like his game. His visit, if it does happen, would most likely be a great sign that the staff likes him and he likes UConn because a lot can change in six months. He is a SG but could become a SF with another inch or two. Another major positive about him is that he is HS teammates with Jahlil Okafor and Paul White who both have UConn offers. Getting two of them would be great.

Reaction Score
height doesn't really matter, he can play either the SG or SF spot in college. I only saw Peak play once and that was the Simeon/Whitney Young game and he was very impressive. Has FSU always had the same staff around Hamilton or have they made changes? They seem to be in on alot of higher ranked kids than what they used to, and alot of the same kids that UConn is on.

Reaction Score
Fla St? Hamilton must be a hell of a recruiter, his coaching is another story-they are an NIT team right now....

Reaction Score
height doesn't really matter, he can play either the SG or SF spot in college. I only saw Peak play once and that was the Simeon/Whitney Young game and he was very impressive. Has FSU always had the same staff around Hamilton or have they made changes? They seem to be in on alot of higher ranked kids than what they used to, and alot of the same kids that UConn is on.
I know that at 6'5" he can play the SF in college as well but I like taller lineups. I want an NBA sized team out there. That's also where he would play most likely in the NBA at that height.

Reaction Score
I know that at 6'5" he can play the SF in college as well but I like taller lineups. I want an NBA sized team out there. That's also where he would play most likely in the NBA at that height.

As long as they're skilled I'm all for it, but I don't want to sacrfice skill for height, we've done just fine with 6'5-6"6 guys playing SF here and then SG in the league where they naturally fit(Ray, Rip, Lamb in the 3 guard lineup, Denham and Rashad on the lower end of the talent spectrum). The 6'8" guys who project at SF at the next level usually come lacking in the skill level in college unless they are Durant, Melo, and to a lesser extent Rudy.

Reaction Score
I favor AMA over Okafor although they do play different positions. He's just a flat out beast from what Ive seen.

Reaction Score
Who else thought this thread was about LeBron James peaking in 2014?

Reaction Score
Seen him play 5 or 6 times this year as I live in the Chicago area. I really like his game. 6'5 can shoot, Athletic, pretty comfortable with the ball. He would put up bigger numbers but he plays with a ton of talent. He is orginally from South Carolina dk the story of how he ended up at Whitney Young.

I didn't know we had offered Paul White, but I'm glad we did. He really came on this year. he is 6'8 and is actually a small forward and can really handle the ball.

Whoever says they would take AMA over Okafor is crazy. Okafor will most likely be player of the year in Chicago over Jabari Parker. He is a true center who can really score with his back to the basket.

Reaction Score
Seen him play 5 or 6 times this year as I live in the Chicago area. I really like his game. 6'5 can shoot, Athletic, pretty comfortable with the ball. He would put up bigger numbers but he plays with a ton of talent. He is orginally from South Carolina dk the story of how he ended up at Whitney Young.

I didn't know we had offered Paul White, but I'm glad we did. He really came on this year. he is 6'8 and is actually a small forward and can really handle the ball.

Whoever says they would take AMA over Okafor is crazy. Okafor will most likely be player of the year in Chicago over Jabari Parker. He is a true center who can really score with his back to the basket.

I would take any or all :)

Reaction Score
Sorry, I just love AMA's motor. Ive seen Okafor play and it seemed as if he wasn't conditioned or as conditioned as he shouldve been. Look, I would take both but I would take AMA (maybe a Jeff Adrien light) before Okafor..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Florida in January and February warrants a look see

Reaction Score
I'd take AMA over Okafor too. I see a great 3-4 years player in AMA compared to a one year and see ya kind of thing with Okafor. But I can't complain if either were to commit to us lol

Reaction Score
Florida in January and February warrants a look see

People need to differentiate Tallahassee from the rest of Florida. Gray and rainy in winter. Might as well play in Seattle. Sure, 55-60 degrees is very nice. But I know several people who made the mistake of putting faith in winters in northern Florida.

Reaction Score
I'd take AMA over Okafor too. I see a great 3-4 years player in AMA compared to a one year and see ya kind of thing with Okafor. But I can't complain if either were to commit to us lol

That is a valid argument. I haven't seen a ton of AMA but he looks like a nice player.

Okafor is a game changer. He gets doubled and tripled constantly. But your right he is most likely one and done. But to pair Okafor with seniors like Boatright and Daniels to go along with a junior Omar Calhoun??? But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom