2014 Kahari Beaufort | The Boneyard

2014 Kahari Beaufort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess he was on campus today as he just tweeted that he just got home from working out at UConn today.

@IAmCt30: Just got done working out at Uconn

Reaction Score
Kid loves him some UConn. What's the scoop on him? Is he good?

Reaction Score
Kid loves him some UConn. What's the scoop on him? Is he good?

My take has been, he's not a top level recruit but a good recruit. I've read some good things about him & then some saying he needs a good program to shape him (ie talented but a bit wild). From the sounds of it, he's doing everything to try to improve his game, trying to get UConn's attention. I think it's a tough call with him. He's a local kid. If UConn doesn't doesn't sign him & he blows up, UConn looks bad. It's kinda similar to the Ryan Gomes/Tim Abromaitis/Tyler Olander thing. I don't know what I think. I kind of feel bad for him too, he obviously wants to go to UConn. My take is re-evaluate him after this summer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Carrington/Hill. I've seen him play and he's good for CT, but not good enough to get a lot minutes at UConn. I think Kahlil Dukes is better, and he was getting nothing for scholarships (except USC).

Reaction Score
I tried to find some youtube highlights & stumbled upon East Hartford vs. Fairfield Prep.. Paschal Chukwu is very aggressive & moves well for a guy that's 7'2" ... Challenges EVERYTHING.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we're going to talk about CT kids that might blow up, it's definitely Kahlil Dukes. Watched him plenty of times and I've never seen anyone shoot the three like him in high school. Guarantee he puts up double digits by his junior season.

Reaction Score
I tried to find some youtube highlights & stumbled upon East Hartford vs. Fairfield Prep.. Paschal Chukwu is very aggressive & moves well for a guy that's 7'2" ... Challenges EVERYTHING.

He's Amida with like 2-3". Otherwise, they seem to be carbon copies of each other. Is this good or bad? Shot blockers, rebounders & put back/lob guys, but both are vulnerable stronger & huskier players with limited offense. If these guys can gain some beef, they could be great for UConn. Obviously, Chukwu hasn't commited.

Reaction Score
I would add that Chukwu appears to be a bit more athletic. I think he did a spin move in the video..

Maybe Kahari walks on & tries to earn a Scholarship.. Tough to ask of anyone. I wonder if he is a True PG since he's listed as one.

Reaction Score
I would add that Chukwu appears to be a bit more athletic. I think he did a spin move in the video..

Maybe Kahari walks on & tries to earn a Scholarship.. Tough to ask of anyone. I wonder if he is a True PG since he's listed as one.

Could be, but I get the feeling Kahari's family situation is not so great, so walking on might not be be an option for him. I don't think he's a PG, but a SG, similar to other players UConn is recruiting. I like the idea of skilled walk ons (ie. J.Fuchs) but not every kid can do this. I think this has time to play out.

Reaction Score
He's Amida with like 2-3". Otherwise, they seem to be carbon copies of each other. Is this good or bad? Shot blockers, rebounders & put back/lob guys, but both are vulnerable stronger & huskier players with limited offense. If these guys can gain some beef, they could be great for UConn. Obviously, Chukwu hasn't commited.

Oh, Brimah can hit the 3 with perfect form too? GREAT!

Reaction Score
He worked out at UConn again today.
@IAmCt30: 2nd day In the row working out at Uconn feel good

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard that he and KO's son have some sort of bond so they workout together in Storrs

Reaction Score
If we're going to talk about CT kids that might blow up, it's definitely Kahlil Dukes. Watched him plenty of times and I've never seen anyone shoot the three like him in high school. Guarantee he puts up double digits by his junior season.

Khalil Dukes has always reminded me of Napier 2.0. Slick on the dribble, knock down shooter, quick release.

He is very small but skill wise, extremely refined.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Reaction Score
Khalil Dukes has always reminded me of Napier 2.0. Slick on the dribble, knock down shooter, quick release.

He is very small but skill wise, extremely refined.

Underrated, but he's going to be playing for USC so we won't see him play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom