2014 Home Schedule | The Boneyard

2014 Home Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Took this from the season tickets thread:

BYU, Boise State, Cinci, UCF, Temple, SMU, and Stony Brook.

Not a bad schedule. Not bad at all. Looking forward to it, already been talking to some of the other students about it today.

Reaction Score
Took this from the season tickets thread:

BYU, Boise State, Cinci, UCF, Temple, SMU, and Stony Brook.

Not a bad schedule. Not bad at all. Looking forward to it, already been talking to some of the other students about it today.

Thats actually a pretty decent home schedule. BYU and Boise are the headliners. UCF and Cincy will be big. Bobby D needs to win a couple of those in front of the home crowd to generate the excitement needed. SMU, Temple and Stony Brook should be Ws.

Reaction Score
Let's not overlook anyone........this program, as we have learned over many seasons, isn't that consistent where fans could count automatic "should be's"........too many times they've turned into "l's".

As Joe D and others often comment, UConn has a slim margin for error.

The only should be is "exciting"......which I hope equates to more than 10 points.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was looking at the email and thinking the same thing. 4 quality schools, somewhat local schools in Temple and SBU, and then SMU. Only 8 months until football season starts....

Reaction Score
Are we playing SMU or Houston at home? In the email, I could have sworn it said Houston.

Don't sleep on Stony Brook. They can be tricky.

Reaction Score
Are we playing SMU or Houston at home? In the email, I could have sworn it said Houston.

They filp-flopped between the two emails - first one had Houston.

Season Ticket Site had SMU: "Seven game package including BYU, Boise State, Cincinnati, Central Florida, Temple, SMU and Stony Brook."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Much like Tulane, SMU should not be under estimated. Aside from Rutgers. They beat everyone they were supposed to and 3 of their losses were to two Big 2 teams (TTU and TCU) and one from the SEC (TA&M).
Thats actually a pretty decent home schedule. BYU and Boise are the headliners. UCF and Cincy will be big. Bobby D needs to win a couple of those in front of the home crowd to generate the excitement needed. SMU, Temple and Stony Brook should be Ws.

Reaction Score
Much like Tulane, SMU should not be under estimated. Aside from Rutgers. They beat everyone they were supposed to and 3 of their losses were to two Big 2 teams (TTU and TCU) and one from the SEC (TA&M).

You are like the new Fortebleedsblue. We're gonna kick ass next season. Expect it.

Reaction Score
How do we get 7 wins out of this schedule? Realistically speaking.

Reaction Score

YES. I saw Stony Brook dismantle Army up at West Point a couple of years ago. Yeah, it's Army, but I still wouldn't overlook SB.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You are like the new Fortebleedsblue. We're gonna kick ass next season. Expect it.
I'm not exactly sure to whom you are referring.

I'm just trying to be realistic. I'm as excited for the first day of the Diaco era to dawn after a night that lasted over three years, but still UConn won 3 games last year. They also lose three Seniors on the offensive line and their defensive leader, one year after another four defensive players were drafted.

Diaco's opening press conference got me revved up and I'm all about Next Man Up, Belichick-style, but I'm going to reserve my final opinion until at least mid April.

Reaction Score

didn't we learn from Towson State never to sleep on ANY TEAM?????????????and playing to our own level......!!!!!
(i.e.... Mens' BB, like the first half at Houston the other night)

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly sure to whom you are referring.

I'm just trying to be realistic. I'm as excited for the first day of the Diaco era to dawn after a night that lasted over three years, but still UConn won 3 games last year. They also lose three Seniors on the offensive line and their defensive leader, one year after another four defensive players were drafted.

Diaco's opening press conference got me revved up and I'm all about Next Man Up, Belichick-style, but I'm going to reserve my final opinion until at least mid April.

UConn - PGDL + HCBD = 2-3 automatic wins. I say we have enough talent to scrap for 3-4 more, at minimum.

Husky25

Reaction Score
UConn - PGDL + HCBD = 2-3 automatic wins. I say we have enough talent to scrap for 3-4 more, at minimum.

Probably, but that's not what I'm driving at. There's a lot of underestimation of bowl teams and over confidence of what this team is capable of under Coach Diaco. Granted the leadership seems to be headed in a positive direction, this program lost to Buffalo by 29, Cinci by 25, and UCF by 40-f'in-5, before finally looking like a football team 5 halves before the end of the year. I'm getting my tickets, no doubt and I am hopeful for a bowl game invite, but I'm not 100% confident with anything about this team yet...

Reaction Score
Probably, but that's not what I'm driving at. There's a lot of underestimation of bowl teams and over confidence of what this team is capable of under Coach Diaco. Granted the leadership seems to be headed in a positive direction, this program lost to Buffalo by 29, Cinci by 25, and UCF by 40-f'in-5, before finally looking like a football team 5 halves before the end of the year. I'm getting my tickets, no doubt and I am hopeful for a bowl game invite, but I'm not 100% confident with anything about this team yet...

I understand where you are coming from...but

The way I look at it, as do others, is why not have high expectations? Change is always exciting and, after what we have been through, why not hope for big things?

After what has happened the past 3 years I'm tough enough to take whatever happens. It's always more fun enjoying the journey with high hopes. To believe we would be less than a .500 team this coming year doesn't do much to keep me interested.

Reaction Score

Some of those bowl teams you mentioned qualified for bowls in lesser conferences. I hear what you are saying, but you are also overestimating the competition.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Some of those bowl teams you mentioned qualified for bowls in lesser conferences. I hear what you are saying, but you are also overestimating the competition.
And there in lies the rub.

I understand where you are coming from...but

The way I look at it, as do others, is why not have high expectations? Change is always exciting and, after what we have been through, why not hope for big things?

After what has happened the past 3 years I'm tough enough to take whatever happens. It's always more fun enjoying the journey with high hopes. To believe we would be less than a .500 team this coming year doesn't do much to keep me interested.
I do not expect sub .500 but I also think .667 should be closer to the goal the first year, not the expected norm. the sweet spot is probably 6-6 or 7-5 with a bowl invite, but I'm not putting it on paper just yet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If P's recruiting was so much better than HCRE's like we heard, it should start paying dividends next year.

Reaction Score
UCF game should be late season...USF hasn't won a game with temps under 40. We could do that with UCF... it would gave both AAC's Florida schools pause...weather could help us in a snowstorm...

Reaction Score
They filp-flopped between the two emails - first one had Houston.

Season Ticket Site had SMU: "Seven game package including BYU, Boise State, Cincinnati, Central Florida, Temple, SMU and Stony Brook."
Since we played SMU in Dallas last season, I would expect that we'd have them at home this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom